Domain Empire

Do not open PM from ---> saurabh / Asys

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
New NamePros Scam Alert

I have just received a message from certain "saurabh" about a guessing contest.

Here is his message

Edit: Link removed
guess a 5 dig word and win watch.com
hello friends

I m selling 100 5 digit domains
all pronounceable word
http://www.namepros.com/domains-for-sale-make-offer/427669-300-rare-4-character-words-ll.html

but i m new here

so to make my thread popular

I m holding a contest

U r to guess the names of domain i m selling

if u guess even one name from my domain list

i will give u watch . com for free

(the site has more than 1000 hits every day)

u can guess only 3 names
not more than three

i will post the winner as soon as the right word is guessed

so go on guessing
and
good luck

People don't get fooled, the url leads to different domain with same login interface as in NamePros! it's certainly a case of Phishing.

Regards,
Chenzen

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do not even click on the link

If it is going to another site that looks like NP, if they are smart, they are probably dropping spyware on your computer...

No matter how curious you are, do not click on the link...

If the owner of NP wants to PM me, I know some folks that work with major corporations to track down phishing scams for a living and if he has the $ and desire, they can help him, as it is their business - cant do much for individuals though, sorry

•••
Mark said:
Read all posts folks ^ - There is a reason the PM isn't there ;)

Sorry... :red:
I read it, it just didn't sink in :hehe:

•••
wlmdi said:
If it is going to another site that looks like NP, if they are smart, they are probably dropping spyware on your computer...

If the owner of NP wants to PM me, I know some folks that work with major corporations to track down phishing scams for a living and if he has the $ and desire, they can help him, as it is their business - cant do much for individuals though, sorry

RJ definitely can take care of these issues himself, he is pro D-:

•••
This was the first phishing scam that I've seen that targeted NamePros passwords. We will be proactive in fighting them.

•••
wlmdi said:

All it seemed to be was a site, with a form which linked a 'login.php'. That dumped all post variables in a file, then sent you to this random thread.

Seems unlikely to be any spyware, still sucks that we're targeted though.

:td:

Dan

•••
Reading all this with interest since I run a domain forum site too, maybe we should have a multi-domain-forum alert system as I am sure they will attack all of us at some point.

Thanks for all the posts everyone.

•••
Yes thanks for the heads up.

•••
haven't got it.....I guess he'll go crazy until he reaches v :P anyway, thanks for the head-up

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back