Domain Empire

domain Do L--L.com (double hyphen) domains have any value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I recently managed to pick up a L--L.com domain. Both letters are premium. There don't appear to be any others available to reg. It was posted in an expired names thread recently and was already reg'd when I checked but subsequently got dropped! It's C--N.COM

I normally try to avoid hyphens if at all possible. Is this double hyphen name double delight or double trouble?

Thanks,
Matt.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Personnally I don't ever register domains with hyphens because I think they wreck a domain and a domain with double hyphens is even worse in my opinion so I would say it's worth reg fee or less but that's my opinion I am new to webmastering but I still know a little.

•••
I have the same opinion as WiiSaid. I don't like hyphens, and constantly double hyphens makes the domain looks weird. And weird to type to look. The overall look of the domains look bad with double hyphens in between. I might consider just one hyphen (like c-n) But with double hyphens, I will avoid as I don't see value in it.
Just my 2 cents.

•••
Not worth it I'm afraid. It's also hard to remember. Think: a--m.com someone might remember a-m.com and go there. The double hyphen is annoying and does unfortunately decrease the value of the domain.

Skinny

•••
oKiAo said:
I have the same opinion as WiiSaid. I don't like hyphens, and constantly double hyphens makes the domain looks weird. And weird to type to look. The overall look of the domains look bad with double hyphens in between. I might consider just one hyphen (like c-n) But with double hyphens, I will avoid as I don't see value in it.
Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for your swift opinions! I don't think I have ever seen such a rapid response to a thread. FYI, a single hyphen dot com e.g c-n.com is currently valued at a minimum of $950 wholesale according to 3character.com I would personally sell my granny to get one of those (well she's quite old :hehe: ).

Any more opinions?

Matt.

•••
Having bought over 1000 similar names, I disagree. I have sold over $3500 in domains like this.

Yes a-m.com would be preferable to a--m.com but a domain like a-m.com would sell for over $2000 to a reseller. (A lot more to an enduser) L-L.com are not easy to get.

I have one of these domains giving me around $9/month in PPC income at the moment but most of these domains aren't that good.

This domain is worth at least $20 because that's what I'd give you for it with.

(Remember there are only 676 of these domains and some endusers prefer adding an extra hyphen to a domain than changing away the .com)

Last edited:
•••
LessThan96 said:
Having bought over 1000 similar names, I disagree. I have sold over $3500 in domains like this.

Yes a-m.com would be preferable to a--m.com but a domain like a-m.com would sell for over $2000 to a reseller. (A lot more to an enduser) L-L.com are not easy to get.

I have G--A.com giving me around $9/month in PPC income at the moment but most of these domains aren't that good.

This domain is worth at least $20 because that's what I'd give you for it with.

(Remember there are only 676 of these domains and some endusers prefer adding an extra hyphen to a domain than changing away the .com)
Thanks for coming to my rescue :hehe: and thanks for your offer.

I see you get good traffic with G--A.COM and you've clearly been able to monetize it.

C--N.COM has some links inc. Google and I'm going to test it for traffic. C-N.COM is a news site and it might get some typo traffic. C--N.COM has over 40 archive.org results over 5 years, all parked. Even with no traffic I'm going to hang onto it because I do see enduser potential.

Whilst I realise a double hyphen name will never make the record books, I hope it is worth low $xx and a good registration. All comments, good and bad, are greatly appreciated.

Matt.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back