Dynadot

Do .info Extensions Sell Well?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Alfred Chiedu

Established Member
Impact
Hello house,
I am entirely new to domaining. I have been looking up couple of domain names to buy. I am currently interested in a domain with a .info extension. The .com,.org,and,.net extensions have been taking and are now active websites.What is my chance of selling after purchasing it? Are .info extensions well priced? I look forward to your comments .
Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @Alfred Chiedu ,

I own a few .info domains, and in my opinion, no, they do not sell well.

That being said, If you are able to handreg the .info domain and the Estibot value (as a general guide, no flaming please) is around or over $1000, I would buy it.

Then again the above is a general statement as we do not know the exact domain name. Also there are always exception (supply/demand).

You might find this thread interesting.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...already-taken-except-one.966727/#post-5690388

•••
Thank you. Have you been selling your .info at all? If yes, I will appreciate if u can tell me how have been doing it.

•••
.info is one of the top extentions, if the combination good then you can sell it nicely, for prices check: https://namebio.com/

•••
domain market is dead right now

•••
its a tough market, when .us domains came out, they kind of stole .info's fire. The right domain, the right buyer who knows.

•••
.info market is very slow. Businesses have been using carefully crafted made up words with .com extensions over other extensions. These are referred to as "brandable" domains.

.info can be sellable but risk is high. I personally just bought a .info domain but it is a very decent 3 letter domain. Even that might take a while for me to sell.

•••
Using only my personal experiences with .info, I've been unsuccessful in attracting potential end-user interest to names I've previously owned.

Currently I own one .info domain.

If you can acquire a .info you believe is well priced, has market value and, are willing to work the potential marketplace, you may find success.

•••
Hi @Alfred Chiedu ,

I own a few .info domains, and in my opinion, no, they do not sell well.

That being said, If you are able to handreg the .info domain and the Estibot value (as a general guide, no flaming please) is around or over $1000, I would buy it.

Then again the above is a general statement as we do not know the exact domain name. Also there are always exception (supply/demand).

You might find this thread interesting.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...already-taken-except-one.966727/#post-5690388
----------------
I have DRAPE.info - direct dictionary word. Estibot values- $1700. Would you be interested? BIN $225

•••
The .info aftermarket did not take of like .net or .org and has much less demand from commercial sectors.

It was easier to trade them a few years back these days I see landrush .info domains being sold for mid $xxx and this is not an encouraging sign.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Welcome to namepros.

Its a risky business, albeit can be very lucrative. I dont have years of experience in this trade, but, can suggest you to look for ways to find better .com and in trend stuff.

Happy domaining.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back