NameSilo

Do I REALLY Need To List Everywhere???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So I am getting back into domaining after a bit of a break and am thinking of how I want to promote my domains. I generally post on Godaddy, Afternic, Sedo, and Efty.

For the domains that are under pricing with Godaddy I forward those domains to the Godaddy page that shows it for sale. Those same domains I also have listed for the same price on Afternic (since they partner with each other). I then also have them on Sedo listed as a BIN for the same price. Because the domain already forwards to Godaddys page to buy it do I really need it on Sedo to?

The domains that I use on Efty landers are also listed on Sedo but as a make Offer (same as the Efty lander). Do I need those same domains on Sedo to?

What could I lose if NOT listing on Sedo since again they can just contact me direct from the name itself via the lander? Do they trust Sedo MORE then the actual owner?

Your thoughts are welcome...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe we all need a platform that gives us returns for all our domains. Only if you have really good premium names you can make some sort of money with sedo and GoDaddy. Where are the buyers?

•••
We talked a lot about this while developing Futura Domains ... ended up with a low listing fee (now $2 through the end of the year) for each domain name auction, and each auction gets promoted - high SEO for each listing, at least one tweet and facebook post as well, and we're branching out to other avenues to further market each listing. Although we don't support "listing everywhere" - you do set a reserve price for the minimum you will accept and the auction can take it from there.

•••
The more you list, the greater the chances of selling your name.

•••
I would like to thing what long time ago some NP friends told me: If a buyer is really interested in a domain, he will pick it somehow, anyway. Hope will be so :)
They may like a name but they might not like a particular marketplace and that is why it is good to list on many marketplaces. The best thing I suppose is to add more money where the charges are high; you calculate what you want to be in your pocket and add it to your reserve price. IMHO

•••
Put a long list on afternic some 4 years ago and only got an $850 offer on one of the names about three months ago. 99% of my sales have been through 'For Sale' Landing page and email reachout!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back