Domain Empire

question Do domain sales on Chinese sites (4.cn) show up on Namebio?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hi,
Do domain sales on Chinese sites (4.cn) show up on Namebio? reason I'm asking is there is a certain 3 letter keyword that I would have thought would be a "big seller" on Namebio. It's a GEO keyword that I would think would be slapped in either the front and back end of any China GEO keyword. yet I see no reference of it on Namebio. is it because perhaps such domains were only sold on sites like 4.cn and therefore won't show on Namebio? I know HiChina has sales showing up on Namebio. but that's about it. no 4.cn sales. which is wierd because 4.cn is the biggest "godaddy like" website in China.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure what you mean, we have 2,195 sales from 4.CN listed and that number is climbing daily. We're grabbing everything they put into their recent sales feed, which I'm pretty sure is everything they're selling. They're the first marketplace listed in the Venue filter, here's a quick link to see their sales:

https://namebio.com/?s=QM0MDMxQjN

We get a few other random sales from other Chinese marketplaces, mostly through private reports. But 4.CN is the only one we track daily. We may add others (open to suggestions here), but we want to avoid shenanigans like venues that let people walk away from their bids by paying a fee, where shill bidding and market manipulation is prominent, etc. And we don't really know which ones can be trusted.

•••
I DIDN'T WANT TO MENTION THE KEYWORD FOR AN "ADVANTAGE" BUT HEY MIGHT AS WELL SINCE IT'S DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I'm getting at.

The three letter word is PRC. People's Republic of China. when I ask someone Chinese 50-50 will say it is used and not used. as strict a country as China is I would assume putting PRC on anything chinese including websites would be desired if not mandatory.

So when I did a check on Namebio for PRC. nothing.

I find that wierd CN I see tons. but PRC none. is that just what it is? or is there something omit? perhaps they aren't being shown on Namebio since (I'm assuming here) that perhaps any domain with PRC might have been listed and sold and traded ONLY on Chinese marketplaces like 4.CN?

•••
•••
If they were being traded on 4.CN we would have seen it, like I said we're recording all of their sales. I think it just isn't a popular thing to append to domain names. There are only 1,466 domains out of 314 million .com registered that end in PRC and most of them don't seem related to China:

http://www.zfbot.com/index.php?dom_...ms=no&idns=no&len_min=2&len_max=63&ns=&page=1

Great that's the info I needed. Just seems strange to me since People's Republic of China PRC like United States of America should be a nice tag at thee end of a domain. I'm sure there are examples of "USA" slapped at thee end of a domain in the historical sales. So why not PRC. JMHO.

•••
I searched ZFBot for USA at the end and there are more than 10,000 results, although I don't know exactly how many because that's all it will report. No question USA is a good suffix, that is supported by NameBio data as well. I'm showing hundreds of sales, one of which was even six figures.

https://namebio.com/?s=wM0gzM2QjN

I realize it can be frustrating when the data doesn't support an idea you had, but you really only have two options: let it go and move on, or if you think you're just ahead of the curve go hand register a bunch of them and corner the market. That's a high risk play though so I wouldn't do it unless you have money to burn.

•••
I searched ZFBot for USA at the end and there are more than 10,000 results, although I don't know exactly how many because that's all it will report. No question USA is a good suffix, that is supported by NameBio data as well. I'm showing hundreds of sales, one of which was even six figures.

https://namebio.com/?s=wM0gzM2QjN

I realize it can be frustrating when the data doesn't support an idea you had, but you really only have two options: let it go and move on, or if you think you're just ahead of the curve go hand register a bunch of them and corner the market. That's a high risk play though so I wouldn't do it unless you have money to burn.

yea either that or coupon! lol

Thanks for the info! appreciate it! by the way I was in no way dissing your website with this question. I just wanted to know what was going on. just seemed "odd" to me since everyone in the recent past has had China "on the brain" and that should have imo ended in big sales with PRC as suffix or prefix. I don't think at this point that it's "ahead of the curve" if it hasn't happened yet up till now then it's never gonna happen. I'll keep on moving. Thanks. Although I did see someone Chinese registering PRCVR.com lol

•••
As I see it, PRC seldom pops up in Chinese domain news. "cn" is the popular one.

•••
•••
As I see it, PRC seldom pops up in Chinese domain news. "cn" is the popular one.

unfortunately I couldn't resist in getting GaoKaoPRC.com

GaoKao is thee most important test for teens who want a better life and go to university. if not they endup being lowly factory and construction workers.

and Gao Kao NCEE is the National College Entrance Exam of the (PRC) People's Republic of China.

oh and CotaiPRC.com and MacauPRC.com

but in the spirit of CN. I did get PukeCN.com "Poker China"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back