Dynadot

Do .co.uk hold more value in the Uk

NameSilo
Watch
do you think a .co.uk would hold more value than a .com in the uk because most domains here seem to be registered on a .co.uk tld

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends.

I personally think .co.uk's are great for End-User's, depending on what exactly the domain name is. The domain industry for .co.uk domains for UK business is booming, and if you have the right name, which matches the right industry within the UK, you've got yourself a big profit.

I am not speaking from experiance though, so watch out.

.com is much more known to everybody than .co.uk within the UK, however, it's the big and growing potential businesses that use .co.uk domains, so I see this as a great market for the .co.uk extension.

•••
A brittish company would much more want its name in .co.uk than .com so ofcourse it has more value.

ccTLDs for national companies, TLD for internationals.

•••
For a UK company .co.uk is invaluable.

I know for myself when I search for something I may need to buy I will look in the search engine for websites .co.uk because I know they will cater for me.

.com is also great, but a UK business would be mad not to register .co.uk as well!

•••
thats what i have noticed too i see most domains registered here with .co.uk i guess it has a good sense of national identity attached to it aswell

•••
Yes. I don't think they hold any value in the US.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back