Dynadot

discuss DAN UK Pricing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
I have been using DAN for a while as I have always been really impressed with their platform model. As a UK investor/seller, the only real negative for me was their decision to remove the GPB currency. Most of my portfolio is now UK domains, where I target UK based companies through outbound which has been working well. The downside is when a potential buyer sees the domain listed in $ and they then want the reassurance that I'm UK based and not someone in another part of the world trying to flog them the domain.

Is this causing a problem for anyone else on here who is primarily UK based? @DAN.COM - any thoughts on bringing this back, PLEASE? 😉

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have been using DAN for a while as I have always been really impressed with their platform model. As a UK investor/seller, the only real negative for me was their decision to remove the GPB currency. Most of my portfolio is now UK domains, where I target UK based companies through outbound which has been working well. The downside is when a potential buyer sees the domain listed in $ and they then want the reassurance that I'm UK based and not someone in another part of the world trying to flog them the domain.

Is this causing a problem for anyone else on here who is primarily UK based? @DAN.COM - any thoughts on bringing this back, PLEASE? 😉
Good afternoon @DanBingham,
We love that you are impressed by our platform! Regarding USD. The single currency decision was implemented months ago and it has been successful in allowing us to be consistent with global payments and payouts. It has also helped us offer more exposure for seller domain names through our connection to the Afternic distribution network. If buyers have any questions about listings, we're here to help them through live chat, email, or phone: https://dan.com/contact

Best regards,
Dan.com

Last edited:
•••
My portfolio is mostly .uk as well. After this obviously horrible decision, I left my portfolio at dan for a month to see if buyers were still interested despite being forced to transact in a foreign currency. Buyer interest was non-existent, so I moved all .uk domains away from dan.com. It was an easy decision given they also raised commissions 67% to 178% earlier this year. You could still leave domains listed on dan.com with prices 25% higher to compensate for their commission.

•••
My portfolio is mostly .uk as well. After this obviously horrible decision, I left my portfolio at dan for a month to see if buyers were still interested despite being forced to transact in a foreign currency. Buyer interest was non-existent, so I moved all .uk domains away from dan.com. It was an easy decision given they also raised commissions 67% to 178% earlier this year. You could still leave domains listed on dan.com with prices 25% higher to compensate for their commission.
So where are you now pointing your domains?

•••
I moved my .uk domains back to Sedo, although there they have a problem with HTTPS not working and a script randomly deleting domains. I'm not very up to date on the industry. I'm on a waitlist for brandable.uk. I've seen with efty.com you can put a buy now button on your domain with escrow.com and only pay 1% commission. I also came across squadhelp, although their commission seems high and unclear.

•••

Same problem with me in Belgium. My all portfolio is .be domains and I sell domains only to Belgians people using euro money.
This is a difficulty for them since they have to pay in USD, especially that they often paid by bank transfer

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back