NameSilo

Do banners still work well?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
0
;)I'm not sure if banners are still effective. Aren't paople just annoyed by banner ads now?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I use them sparingly on my sites but I don't click them very much on any sites I visit. I do better with targeted items such as a link to a collectible from one of the TV shows I cover, or a direct Amazon link to a DVD, etc.
 
0
•••
Let me ask you, how many banners have you ever clicked?
Personally, I havent clicked a banner since the 90's, and even then not very often.
 
0
•••
It depends on what you are trying to advertise, if it is graphic in nature, banner ads is a nice way to show it off. The only thing that would make me don't want to click on a banner is that when it has an annoying animation, lols. :D
 
0
•••
a

i think google or other services ads these are rubbish i never click on them
but when i find a well designed eye catchy banner, this will catch my attention and will make me read whats on it . i might click it if i am interested
But when it comes to low quality dull or text ads,, i never click
 
Last edited:
0
•••
HI

If you can get banners cheap them you may still be able to get your moneys worth, and if you advertise via banners use it for branding.... Brand your site in the banners...

it's all about how many impressions you can get for the best price.

Thanks
Tom Dahne
 
0
•••
Problem is everybody has banners.... we condition ourselves against any advertising and therefore it is really hard. However from personal experience, I know that banners still work in the games market. By that I mean, PC Games, RTS, FPS, Roleplaying etc. The more niche specific product/service you have, the better it will be. I never click on normal product ads and never pay attention to TV ads either. So to be honest....unless it's game related or anime/manga related and offers something really cool...I will never click.
 
0
•••
In my own opinion, I think banners are alright. Even though majority of the people don't click them, if the design is unique then it will stick out. For example, I go to a forum and I see a nice web hosting banner. At first I don't require hosting so I ignore it but a week later I think about getting a new webhost and the first thing that pops up in the my head is the name of the webhost I saw on the banner. So I think these banners do work if they are uniquely designed.
 
0
•••
Yeah everybody hates then but Banners do serve a purpose and to a certain extent they do work to build awareness of your site or product. While they do not get a good percentage of click thru's, it still gives an acceptable amount of exposure.

I find that running them through CPM providers seem to work best though and the cost is really quite low.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back