IT.COM

DNSPortfolio.com & DNScript.com Closing...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It is with deep reqret that I'm announcing ,DNSPortfolio.com along with it's fledging replacement, DNScript.com are closing down permanently. This is because my investment in this code has been so extensive in time and money that I have decided to use it exclusively for my own domain portfolio sales.

This has been a labor of love for me from the time I purchased the code of DomainNamePortfolio.US from Eric Sizemore in 2010. Well strictly, I bought it here on NamePros, from the guy who bought it from Eric, but he decided he didn't want it, for whatever reason. I was very familiar with Eric's code (Hi @Eric if you're still around) because I'd been using it for quite a few years before I bought it. I'm not a programmer. Every single change had to be spelled out in plain English, so a programmer could interpret my dreams into reality. Sometimes it went well,and sometimes it went disastrously.

Of course. Looking at that code now, you wonder how it ever sold any domains. But this was probably the Premier Free Domain Sales Platform Software of it's day (if not the only one at times), and was probably superior to most of the commercial software available at that time. However. Every dog has it's day. And this day has come to an end.

Today, it looks like completely different fully responsive software. Which I'm proud to be the owner of, and use. And happy to be using it for selling my domains. And before anyone asks, No, it's not for sale.

R.I.P. DomainNamePortfolio.us, DNSPortfolio.com, DNScript.com. Websites have closed today 26 May 2018.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dang you should of sold it.

Not because I would of bought it, but you could of gotten some money back

Last edited:
•••
I'm sorry to hear that :( I know how it is to pour so much energy into a project.

•••
Dang you should of sold it.

Not because I would of bought it, but you could of gotten some money back

But then I would be looking around for a non-wordpress domain for sales site for my own domains :(

•••
I'm sorry to hear that :( I know how it is to pour so much energy into a project.

Yep. I know. But it's going to live on as the website I will be using for my own domain sales. Only now it's going to be proprietary :) I'm still cleaning it up. But it's now responsive, has Escrow.com build in for all purchases, has a great search facility, and a better members system. But it's not quite ready for prime time just yet ;)

Last edited:
•••
But then I would be looking around for a non-wordpress domain for sales site for my own domains :(

Nothing wrong with WP, I see it growing every minute

•••
Silliest decision I have seen, hundreds of links to the site now going to a parked page.
Your choice, but not a SMART Choice.

•••
Yeah, I'm still around. :) Honestly, I've wanted to start back on this project so many times... but it does take a lot of time and effort. I know my original code base, looking back on it now, isn't the greatest. It didn't make it easy to make moderate/major changes (functionality, etc). Hopefully your new endeavor will work out well for you.

There are some days I wish I still had the 'ole domainportfolio.us domain. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back