IT.COM

question dninquiry.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Anybody can tell me if this guy is legit ?
I got 2 emails from him today ,wanting to buy 2 domains.
Thanks in advance
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
I am interested in purchasing the domain name fqqqf.com for the price of
$100.00 USD. Please advise if there is interest on your part in
discussing this opportunity.
Kind regards,
Edward Lawrence
call_skype_logo.png
(800) 259-6263 FREE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
I am interested in purchasing the domain name 8889985.com for the price of
$100.00 USD. Please advise if there is interest on your part in
discussing this opportunity.
Kind regards,
Edward Lawrence
call_skype_logo.png
(800) 259-6263 FREE

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I received emails from him this morning regarding my two 4L names

•••
Yep. I have received a few and no responses yet.

•••
I feel so inferior - I haven't received any emails from him. :)

•••
I feel so inferior - I haven't received any emails from him. :)

Don't feel bad. I think it's random. I received some on my high value names and some on low value. Don't see a pattern yet.

•••
•••
I received an inquiry today on my oldest domain. (25yo dictionary word)
Hello,

I am interested in purchasing the domain name {{ DOMAIN }. Please advise if there is interest on your part in discussing this opportunity.

Kind regards,

Edward Lawrence
We'll see how that goes......

•••
He works for domainagency.com, his son in law

They buy cheap to sell high

Simple as that

•••
Yeah he goofed. Same as mine.

•••

Got the exact same email for one of my domains.
He's been busy :)

•••
I also got that same email from him today for one of my dictionary word .com
:rolleyes:

•••
They make money on the buy, offering less than wholesale for liquid domains.

Just a tedious job of emailing, and answering.

Definitely in violation of canspam act, as I see no listed address, or unsubscribe link.

If they are after your name, you would probably yield more by listing it at godaddy.

•••
They make money on the buy, offering less than wholesale for liquid domains.

Just a tedious job of emailing, and answering.

Definitely in violation of canspam act, as I see no listed address, or unsubscribe link.

If they are after your name, you would probably yield more by listing it at godaddy.

Yeah the one offer I got with an actual price was about what I paid (wholesale) and I sent a counter offer link to Afternic with no action. Obviously my price was out of their low end range.

•••
Yeah the one offer I got with an actual price was about what I paid (wholesale) and I sent a counter offer link to Afternic with no action. Obviously my price was out of their low end range.
Yea, I got a dozen emails from them, they won't respond to counters, they quote their bottom line number otherwise move on.

Realistically you can achieve better prices even on namepros. Their target is not the informed domainer, moreso the innocent user who bought the domain a long time ago,and is no longer using it, and has no idea of current pricing.

Much like the Chinese spammers who hit all the 4L's, might get the odd nibble, but for the most part most liquid domain owners have been spammed to hell.

Most domainers who get these emails become eager as they think they will have a counter opportunity, but there is no response to such.

Unless you are willing to accept their offer, best to ignore it.

•••
I received ~10 emails from him so far and counting...
He is regular spammer, auto spamming WHOIS of liquid domains with offers below their market value. Ignore. Or sell, if you really need the money, however, you can always get more, any given day.

•••
•••
He's only making life more difficult for every other domainer with his spam emails. I've had 4 today so far.

Is it any wonder domaining has such a repulsive reputation when bad actors just spam any and everyone like this?

•••
He's been busy. I received an email from him today as was in my spam section... There is no harm in replying to an inquiry IMO

•••
He's been busy. I received an email from him today as was in my spam section... There is no harm in replying to an inquiry IMO

Sure no, but it is what it is. If you get $800-850 offer from him, you can sell the same name for $1k+ on namepros. That's how it works. If you're okay with that, why not.

•••
Guys. What is going on! I too received an email from him today for a dictionary word except that he did not quote a price. Just asked whether I am interested.

•••
This guy's emails ends up in the spam folder- where it belongs.

•••
I've received several e-mails from this email address over the last few weeks. Seems they have stepped up the volume of e-mails that they send out. And their email script seems to have developed a bug where the domain macro is not being replaced in the email body :D

•••
He works for domainagency.com, his son in law

They buy cheap to sell high

Simple as that

I've sold through domain agents without any problems, and they seemed to be pretty straight. I assume they have no connection with domain agency.

•••
I've sold through domain agents without any problems, and they seemed to be pretty straight. I assume they have no connection with domain agency.
DomainAgents and DomainAgency are two seperate parties

•••
his email to me today was......

"Hello,

I am interested in purchasing the domain name {{ DOMAIN }. Please advise if there is interest on your part in discussing this opportunity.

Kind regards,

Edward Lawrence"

•••
Yep, received many dninquiry as well. Dropped to my junk folder.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back