pertosda

Digital MarketingVIP Member
Impact
DNF hacked???

Have you seen this?

http://www.DNF

Wow, Im shocked!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
domainacrobat said:
here is something on digg

http://digg.com/security/DNJournal_Hacked_

He is 16 years old and messing up our economic system GREAT. Apparently no one took his threats serious. He posted this 421 days ago.

Haha never noticed maby it took him that long to hack it.

•••
•••
I hate people doing that kind of stuff! >:(

•••
•••
WeBuyThe.Com said:
I assume Adam is at T.R.A.F.F.I.C so if you know anyone there
maybe they can notify Adam

I was in the site at approximately 7:35 AM Eastern Time
noticed it was a bit slow and it stopped responding at 7:40 AM

Does this have anything to do with the S O C I A L thread?
I called adam's cell, and Dr Berryhill, and left a message

ZannuZZi said:
What does he do?
hack names, steal them, and for a few month he was useing stolen cc and running up large bills on them.

•••
McDot said:
Well, I've seen plenty of not updated phpBB forums hacked, but its the first time I see an up to date VBulletin forum to be hacked so seiously.

I wonder what VBulletin can say about this???

Like someone has mentioned, it was possibly the server.

Even if it was vBulletin, DNF didn't have it up to date anyway?
Also, they have 3rd Party Mods', which could cause a vunerbility.

•••
•••
kokillennium said:
http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/251032-rule_violation-hacked.html

Thanks man we knew from ^ & sorry for hearing that you spent $50 on their membership .. hope that you will be able to get your money back !
WoW the thread has been closed, looks like the panic buttons are being pushed!

I think domainsite are getting ready just in case, this was the message about 1 minute ago:
Domainstate in temporarily unavailable while we perform a backup - this should only take a few minutes.
:|
Odviously a quick idea to backup, notice the "in" instead of "is"

•••
I think there is no need to ask for a refund. The admins will bring the site back up and restore all forum settings (including membership levels). DNF got hacked, not deleted.

•••
everyone be careful after visiting the site please run your ad programs and keep anti virus on! LOL. After visiting i removed some stuff, not viruses.

•••
DNF is not showing anymore, probably the admins completely turned it off till things are solved

•••
http://DNF/ it's showing a shoutbox now.

•••
•••
I just tried to call Adam at his room to tell him - but it sounded like someone picked up and hung up - so maybe he knows. Either he was out to 3:00 last night at the party or tired of getting domainers telling him about the hack.

•••
I just called Howard Neu and told him to tell Adam.

•••
Despite the fact that we are considered competitors or rivals by many, the truth is that we are all part of the same family = the domain(ers) community, and this is bad for everybody.

NamePros takes NO pleasure in seeing this criminal activity take place, and condemns the actions of the person responsible.

•••
•••
Be back soon, sorry for the inconvenience. DNF

•••
DNS hijack? cute ... and damn

•••
•••
I hate people doing that! >:(

•••
I remember somebody once mentioned an Iranian dude in thread about s o c i a l . com at the DNF. This might have a reason to do with that. However, we should condem all those people who sell stolen domains! NP, Domainstate and DNF should immediately ban all those people implicated in such illegal activities!!

•••
DNF has already been hacked by that guy before if I remember correctly... Adam & Co. are running backups frequently, so there shouldn't be much data lost. Though, one must say that the hacker's timing was not bad... He probably knew that Adam would be at the TRAFFIC conference. GiantDomains and impactadmin will take care of this, I'm sure.

•••
It was not DNS hijack because going to 209.85.46.125 showed same. But as the server was running on Windows Server 2003+Microsoft-IIS/6.0 it was not difficult hack.

•••
I would advise everybody to change their password even if it is a dns hack, especially if your browser is set to login automatically to DNF

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back