Dynadot

DN.com ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I sold 2 domains on DN.com last Wednesday. I pushed the domains and the buyer confirmed the transaction. I immediately created a 'withdrawal' request to paypal for an amount under $1K, I figured I'll let the rest of the money stay there for now since they don't transfer to paypal amounts over 1K.
Well, Monday is almost over and nothing...
No replies to tickets either.
Did I just get scammed???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Before process your withdrawal request, please send us a scanned copy of your ID to verify your account. Thank you very much.

seems like account holders should be verified at point of registration for the service and disbursements should be automatic, unless a requested hold is enabled.

having to be verified after a sale has taken place, can put one in an awkward position.

imo...

•••
I've used them in the past and have been paid, but DN recently passed a policy where they require photo ID from their customers so that's going to mean the end of me doing business with them. There's no way I'm opening myself up to identity theft by entrusting my ID to a company located in the world's center for hackers and cyber criminals.

•••
seems like account holders should be verified at point of registration for the service and disbursements should be automatic, unless a requested hold is enabled.

having to be verified after a sale has taken place, can put one in an awkward position.

imo...
biggie, this was my first DN transaction. That was why verification was necessary.

Also, the domain was recently transacted through DN.com to the previous owner. So, they verified with the previous owner whether he sold it to me. This may also be the reason they asked for my ID.

•••
So.... It's October or September?
And doesn't the next 6th fall on a Sunday...?

I hope it's September and it's a typo :)

•••
DN.com website quote:

"Arrangement for the 70th Anniversary of the Victory of the World Anti Fascist War Memorial Day

Dear Customer
Thank you for supporting DN.com.
Here we have the off day arrangement for the 70th Anniversary of the Victory of the World Anti Fascist War Memorial Day
The off day is from 3rdOct. to 5th Oct. We will be at your service on 6th Oct.
During the off days we are not able to reply your tickets or solve your problems on time. Please contact QQ 2505371797, 3092565831 or call +860-571-56638551 in the case of urgency. We will help you with every effort.
Thank you for your support and trust for all the time!"
I ran that through Google translate and this is what I got:

GoodGrief.jpg

•••
Have you tried to pm @Cynthia ? She works for dn.com.

•••
Just got my funds transferred from DN.com too.

•••
Guys need your help!
How add funds via paypal on my DN.com account?
I see page "Add deposit", but there are no fields or buttons, only info.

If I remember correctly, you have to personally send funds ($1,000 limit) to their email address. Don't forget to add your DN.com customer account number so that they know who sent the funds.

I think it takes 24 hours to process.

•••
Good luck with it. It might be useful for everyone here to know what she tells you in the event that they find themselves in a similar situation so if you don't mind sharing I'm sure it would be appreciated by all.

Sure :).

Hello Toni. Before 19th Oct., if your whois information remains unchanged for more than 3 months. And your register information at DN.com go exactly the same with your whois information. You may not to send your ID. If you have more questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Cynthia

•••
Did you all get their email yesterday about how they "have received massive ID submissions"?

I'm sure all their data is stored on highly encrypted air gapped computers. :lookaround:

You sound skeptical. What part of sending your ID to a company located within a country that turns a blind eye to all forms of cyber crime seems like a bad idea to you?

•••
I didn't understand you
They are holding your money for some arbitrary reason. Your story makes me believe they are running a ponzi scheme.

PONZI SCHEME
noun
  1. a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors.
An example of a ponzi scheme would be when, a company spends money coming in, instead of paying their clients, then has to wait to repay those clients until more money comes in.

•••
I am not sure I understand the problem.
Once the buyer paid you and you have the money cleared into your paypal account, I don't see why you would not be able to withdraw the full amount.

After a withdrawal, it takes 3-4 business days to have the money in your bank account.

Last edited:
•••
DN.com seems to work differently.
You have to request the payment, unlike escrow.com
In this case, I requested that it be sent to my paypal account (It is not in my paypal account, it is in the DN.com account)

•••
lol

sorry, but i wouldn't push any name until the money was in my "paypal.com" account

hope u get your dough, though

•••
Blast from the past! You are still here!!! ;)
Does anyone know anything about DN.com?
Since the transaction was a 'push' (through Moniker), I better get my act together!

•••
•••
What a terrible way to get (supposedly) paid. But, hope it does work out.

•••
Hi

I used it yesterday but I let the funds rest in DN.com for now. I am yet to withdraw it to PP. I can see the funds as the account balance.

•••
Ok... No one has dealt with them?
I researched them before and they seemed legit...

•••
•••
I can also see the funds... But when do they pay???

•••
•••
I will PM you an email ID of a real person from DN.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back