NameSilo

DN Auction Tactics

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do DN Auction Tactics Work?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

• No

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aspiring Billionaire

Established Member
Impact
This tactic is currently being used in a domain name auction on a third-party site, the domain name is "Domainers.org" - courtesy "Domaining.com newsletter".

If the auction finishes with your bid as the second highest bid, the seller will reward you 5% of the winning bid once the payment has been received.

I've tried my hand at creating a bit of hype around a domain name auction before. However, this one caught my eye - and I think it's an awesome idea!

Share the tactics that you've used with your domain name auctions, and vote on whether or not you think tactics actually have an effect on a DN auctions outcome?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think this will cause a HUGE number of fake bids from phantom accounts of people who never intend to actually pay up if they win the auction .. so in a sense it encourages shill bidding.

Maybe if the market place vetted each and every bidder .. plus at the end of the day for auction integrity, there should be no encouragement to finish 2nd in an auction.

•••
5 Auction Tactics To Knock Out The Competition

1. Dress to impress. Present yourself well – perhaps even wearing a suit – to create the perception that you have the money and budget to beat the competition.

2. Park a prestige car (if you have one or can borrow one) at the front of the property so that you can stand next to it and create the impression that you are ‘cashed up’ and have the funds to buy the property.

3. Position yourself towards the front of the auction near the auctioneer. This gives you a bird’s eye view of your competition so that you can see who you are bidding against.

4. Ask a question at the beginning of the auction to direct attention towards you – specifically one that may make other buyers hesitate. For example, has the body corporate raised any special levies? What about the development plans next door? Is the car park on title? These questions may unnerve inexperienced bidders.

5. Keep your body language and gestures positive and confident at all times. Try to make direct eye contact with competing bidders with a confident ‘ice-cool’ stare.

•••
thats a very interesting offer but what if your not the second highest bidder and win the auction? seems like a method to do legal shill bidding....very creative. does that offer violate the terms of the auction site?

I think at the end of the day providing the following will help a sale
-comparable sales
- custom logo
-including all the types of industries that would benefit from the name
- insight info like age, traffic, alexa, trademark and past development
-having good sale history with good volume
- having no reserve
are all great tactics that increase bids.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back