Dynadot

DMOZ and auto submission

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just found out that DMOZ doesn't allow automatic submission. Unfortunately, I've tried to submit (using AddWeb) a couple of my sites to DMOZ before.

How do I find out if my sites are blacklisted?

AddWeb also reported failed submissions on Yahoo, Lycos, Direct Hit, and HotBot.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yes, someone also pointed me to that direction.

Will try to post it at their "Site Submission Status" Forum.

Thanks.

•••
I didnt know automatic submissions didn't work on those engines... also, I don't believe it's possible to find out if your sites are blacklisted or not

•••
Isnt there sites where u pay a fee to get listed on the SE?

•••
•••
You could contact one of us DMOZ editors with the submitted URL:s/domains and if we're nice we could tell you :)

•••
Be nice to me, Marcuss :loveyou:

•••
You can pay to get your site spidered within 24hrs

Its called Paid Inclusion, http://www.inktomi.com/ run a paid inclusion and also powered alot of search engines..

Check it out, also http://www.marketleap.com are partners with Inktomi so you might want to use them for the submission...

As far as Dmoz, why auto submit? it takes two mins to submit to Dmoz, you should always manually Submit to the large search engines, google.com yahoo.com altavista.com lycos.com and so on...

Hope that helps.

-=BP=-

•••
Yeah, you shouldn't auto submit to Dmoz. But if your site is well established, has good content, then there is no reason for your site to be not listed.

I was an editor with Dmoz, but no more. I am tired of all of that stuff.

•••
Replied via PM.

However, DMOZ listings normally takes 6 months, so dont be in a hurry. DMOZ does not exist to increase the ranking of the sites. It is a resource to people that are searching for quality information.

•••
You know by just adding links to your site it will automatically be added to almost all search engines (except DMOZ) for FREE?

DMOZ is very slow. If you'd like to be added make your site and make sure you follow the guidelines and submit once. Then continue on your business elsewhere. Yea and DMOZ doesnt provide much value as in rankings or traffic either. Its biggest value is that you can say "its been added to DMOZ" and thats about it.

I guess the biggest point in this thread is to understand the difference of just being added to a search engine and utilizing it
to create traffic. They are two different things.

•••
Thanks a lot for your insights and suggestions.

•••
I've noticed that many search submission companies now are adding things like image verification and etc to prevent such things happening. I guess its for security issues, as someone can easily go and flood the database with useless links.

•••
DMOZ sucks big time today now that Google ignores them.

•••
I would have to agree with you on that mole, DMOZ is kind of going down the drain if you know what I mean.

•••
The purpose with DMOZ itself is not to interact with Google or any other SE. We dont really care if Google use it to match search results or not. It is just a link directory with quality links, reviewed by us editors. The case that some search engines have decided to use as base for their searches doesnt matter at all for us.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back