Dynadot

discuss Discuss and Showcase Holo Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
FUTRS owns that string and i have others listed for free
B-)
Yeah, I will probably do it in the end for free too. The more traffic/exposure and more potentional buyers could be enough of a reward for me instead of asking for a few bucks. We will see.

•••
so... as it turns out
one of my old drops is now owned by Microsoft

http://whois.domaintools.com/holostudio.net

it's a dot net and it looks like it was just hand registered in January - most likely for defensive purposes -
but the dot com is still owned by someone else with a big fat for sale sign on it... probably asking for bigger money than MS wants to shell out at this time... i guess now it becomes a waiting game.

pretty interesting!!

•••
so... as it turns out
one of my old drops is now owned by Microsoft

http://whois.domaintools.com/holostudio.net

it's a dot net and it looks like it was just hand registered in January - most likely for defensive purposes -
but the dot com is still owned by someone else with a big fat for sale sign on it... probably asking for bigger money than MS wants to shell out at this time... i guess now it becomes a waiting game.

pretty interesting!!

That is hell of a news!!

They bought it the day they picked HoloLens

•••
it must hurt a lot...

btw, holostudio.org also belongs to Microsoft

•••
don't forget, "first use in commerce".. if Microsoft establishes "HoloStudio" commercially the .com is at risk as soon as the current owner renews it.. he should have regged for 10y straight away on 25th jan instead of just 1 year (according to Whois)

•••
@GravityEleven
I'm curious how a 10 year reg will keep the owner from losing the name based upon first use?

•••
he might still lose it in a future UDRP if he were to renew it in 10 years from now.. but he would undeniably be in a stronger negotiation position to get a deal with Microsoft before these 10 years were over..

•••
Well,

If MS gonna pay some big fat bucks on holostudio.com then market of holo domains will get much more interest...

Please fasten your sestbelts and invest responsibly!

Cheers :)

•••
gravity11 is correct
you can have the domain name first before the TM
BUT
if you renew the name AFTER the tm is in place - there have been many cases where that is then considered bad faith... depending on how you are using it of course.

i told you guys - the term "HOLO" WILL be subject to tm issues

•••
holobusinesscard
holobusinesscards
hologramgift

•••
it must hurt a lot...

btw, holostudio.org also belongs to Microsoft

nah
not as much as you might think
they obviously don't have THAT much interest in the dot com although one would have to think that they eventually do get a hold of it (no?)
... personally, i think this was registered just because it was available - i don't think they would have come dragging a suitcase of money for it that's for sure

•••
Great to see major corporations still getting names to hand register.

We folks better snap good ones faster.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
nah
not as much as you might think
they obviously don't have THAT much interest in the dot com although one would have to think that they eventually do get a hold of it (no?)
... personally, i think this was registered just because it was available - i don't think they would have come dragging a suitcase of money for it that's for sure

I think Microsoft is too big to try to secure only .com’s. But if they want...they can do it.
Buying a few holo domains shows they are interested in these names, work on something related, and they have a plan.

When the time comes they will buy in 48h all the domains they need. Might be only 5-10 domains. They do not think domains all day, like some of us (including me) probably do.

Then the real war will start for the companies (producers, service providers, users.......of these products/technology/software/devices...) to acquire domain names linked to their business.
I do not think MS first buys domains, and then starts developing software. That’s what we do – first domain name and then development.

The fact that Microsoft bought a few holo domain names is definitely a sign/hint – call it as you like.

And about the TM. Even if the company that requested will get it (you can’t be sure about that), Microsoft might buy them altogether and not use the TM, because all the geek/DIY/how to...... sites help them getting awareness, more customers....more sales.

Just think of how many words MS could have TM’d...

•••
•••
I wouldnt go for ''augmentedreality'' as a keyword even the ''ar'' doesnt have too much market value right now due to ''holo''...

I would.

Augmented reality is a broader more well known term than holo. Only mostly tech savvy people are aware or excited by "holo". The fact that microsoft chose holo doesnt make augmented reality redundant.

Long as the domain name is not too long and makes sense like the first two listed by @disaa

•••
I would.

Augmented reality is a broader more well known term than holo. Only mostly tech savvy people are aware or excited by "holo". The fact that microsoft chose holo doesnt make augmented reality redundant.

Long as the domain name is not too long and makes sense like the first two listed by @disaa
I also said "AR" and dont forget that those "tech savy people" are most of the people and also most of the customers it means...

Those days people call "holographic" for actually "volumetric" display and i also would like to make it reverse due to my volumetric keyword domains but sometimes life doesnt make that much sense.

AugmentedReality is just good if the suffix is ultra generic...

But ofc those are just my opinions.

•••
"holo" is more universal then "augmented" . Augmented make sense only in English. People have difficulties with typing it correctly. A non-English person could easily type something like "augumented" or even "ogmented" instead of augmented. For that same reason the term "wearables" has never become popular in my country. Much more popular is the term "nositelnosti" (btw. I owned wearables . sk and sold it a few months ago). I can tell you with being 100% sure that augmented reality ("rozsirena realita" in Czech/Slovak) will never be a mass term outside of the English speaking countries. However, "holo" is extremely universal and the only problem is that French/Spanish/Italian speakers tend to omit the first "H" or make it very silent, but they will write it as Holo too, so, at least they will type the URL correctly. Who cares how you pronounce it, right?

Last edited:
•••
I am late in Holo niche, but took this hand reg...

H o l o M a c h i n e r y . C o m

•••
Holo /hologram/holography and augmentedreality are two different things!

•••
"
holo" is more universal then "augmented" ....
...."holo" is extremely universal and the only problem is .....

the only "real" problem is... that these are not the same technology - they are very much different regardless what MS is trying to pull right now...

I DO agree that the term Augmented Reality is a clumsy one and will most likely only be designated for techy fan boys like us... the masses will never take to that term as a household saying... matter of fact, you have a better chance of the words "Augmented Reality" being the answer to a trivia question (What does AR stand for?) than it being widely known.

MS apparently agrees with this thinking as well as holoLENS has really has nothing at all to do with holograms.

I only have ONE "Augmented Reality" name and have no real interest in any others:
• Augmented Reality 360 (.) com

•••
Hololens technology can be a junction of Hologrphic, Immersive and Augmented reality techniques

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back