IT.COM

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
seems reported sales on here not captured by Namebio?
All you have to do is send Michael an email at namebio with a receipt of the transaction and he adds it to the list.

•••
why dont merge 2 topics of reported sales?

•••
LendSmart (dot co)
Afternic, $1788 BIN
99c purchase at Godaddy in February.

Following in the steps of @Nikul Sanghvi I’ve been keeping an eye on .co more seriously since last year, regging batches of a couple of hundred every time a good promo comes around. Though I usually price most under $1k, with this last batch I started testing some higher prices - this is the first sale.
Thank you. Could you please be kind enough to let us know , what made you register this name, did you do any keyword research or anything else. Thank you

•••
Thank you. Could you please be kind enough to let us know , what made you register this name, did you do any keyword research or anything else. Thank you

I don’t really do keyword research when I register in bulk like this. I look at dropped domains in the past 30-60 days usually, and have my parameter recipe which includes things like how many tlds a name is registered in, it must be shorter than 12 characters, 2-word names in English, not a premium .co and a bunch of other factors. I get a list of a few hundred to a few thousand names, and then just go through manually but at a very superficial level (i.e.: does this sound like it could be a business). The ones that make the cut, I register, like I said it’s batches of a couple of hundred usually whenever a promo comes around. All in it takes me a day of work maybe, but if I were to do proper keyword and enduser potential research for each name in the batch it would be nuts.

TL;DR: It’s a gamble. Calculated, but still, a gamble.

•••
LendSmart (dot co)
Afternic, $1788 BIN
99c purchase at Godaddy in February.

Following in the steps of @Nikul Sanghvi I’ve been keeping an eye on .co more seriously since last year, regging batches of a couple of hundred every time a good promo comes around. Though I usually price most under $1k, with this last batch I started testing some higher prices - this is the first sale.

im curious how many co u hold and your sell rate? at any price. ty.

•••
bulletproofcredit.com - 200

•••
im curious how many co u hold and your sell rate? at any price. ty.

~1000 right now, I’ve posted most of my .co sales here before but I’ve never done an analysis. Just looking at Afternic sales I’ve done 14 since I’ve started doing this bulk reg thing last year, for a total just under $9k. I’ve sold a few more on Dan. So sell-through less than 2%, because I’ve had 6-700 names that have dropped too in the past few months.

Last edited:
•••
I get a list of a few hundred to a few thousand names,
Hi, Thank you for your reply, if you don't mind could you tell from where do you compile names ? Thanks again.

•••
Hi, Thank you for your reply, if you don't mind could you tell from where do you compile names ? Thanks again.

Expireddomains, our holy goldmine

•••
you really made me confused now, you have only ~1k CO domains but you said you only hand reg with promo events; 99c per domain so total should be ~ 900$, not $9k?

or you may explain more details?

~1000 right now, I’ve posted most of my .co sales here before but I’ve never done an analysis. Just looking at Afternic sales I’ve done 14 since I’ve started doing this bulk reg thing last year, for a total just under $9k. I’ve sold a few more on Dan. So sell-through less than 2%, because I’ve had 6-700 names that have dropped too in the past few months.

•••
you really made me confused now, you have only ~1k CO domains but you said you only hand reg with promo events; 99c per domain so total should be ~ 900$, not $9k?

or you may explain more details?

He means $9k in sales...

•••
why dont merge 2 topics of reported sales?

Because the other thread is not for chit chat or questions its to report sales only.

•••
yes, knew it, but seems all members on both threads chat chit then MODs must move every posts manually

•••
upgraded,,home,,,..com....$500...dan offr no outbound..<50$ np buy... 2-3 renewals

top,10,,,,,,,,.io.....$1200...gd offr no outbound.. 2yr handreg
Congratulations. Portfolio size? .com and total

•••
may tell more details about this sale?

- what targets (companies) you send? How did you reach these targets (Linkedin, Google, or paid services)?
- how many leads you sent? and how many replies? how many offers in replies?
- this price is BIN or offer?
- "took about 6 mts too close" seems outbounds took a lot of your time; until this sale, you still follow-up the above leads & negotiate prices during 6 months then Buyer is one of these leads? or final Buyer is new lead then accept your price immediately?

Hope you could share these experiments in details for newbies like me to learn

Thanks

Last Week Sales.

Stream(.vc)
Sell Price :$3500
Buy Price :$150 incl 1 renewal
Hold Time : 14 Mts
Outbound, took about 6 mts too close.

•••
Guavy / .com
Sale price: $2395
Net profit: $1475
Venue: Brandbucket
Regged in 2018, was rejected on BB initially, managed to get it published after all.

how you may publish again? tell BB that your name should be listed then BB agreed?

why net profit too low, only 61% of sale price?

•••
BeaumontAdAgency// king
Handreg at Dynadot
Hold time: 8 month
S/venue: Dan
Price: $100 BIN (Follow up)

I registered this name after I sold SpringfieldAdAgency.com and PeoriaAdAgency.com in Two days.

Congos for sale. Do you use regular email address or custom one for outbound marketing ?

•••
Congos for sale. Do you use regular email address or custom one for outbound marketing ?
I used regular email for all my outbound.

•••
BeaumontAdAgency// king
Handreg at Dynadot
Hold time: 8 month
S/venue: Dan
Price: $100 BIN (Follow up)

I registered this name after I sold SpringfieldAdAgency.com and PeoriaAdAgency.com in Two days.

springfield and peoria both how much you sold. which tool you use to generate leads any how you find email

•••
•••
s/u/p/p/l/y/p/a/s/s/./com
Sales price : $2155 USD

Sales Venue : BrandBucket.com
Registrar : Godaddy.com
Hold time : 2 years
Purchased : $12 + 2 renewal
Well done!
1. What's your portfolio size?
2. Most of your domains are brandable?
3. where are the most of your domains sold? (BB, Dan?)
Thanks!

•••
springfield and peoria both how much you sold. which tool you use to generate leads any how you find email
Springfieldadagency: $200 Dan
Peoriaadagency: $150 Afternic
I used Google to generate Leads.

•••
Springfieldadagency: $200 Dan
Peoriaadagency: $150 Afternic
I used Google to generate Leads.

search by keywords in domains? how many leads you sent? and replies & offers?

•••
Name:An LLL.IN(random letters)
Price sold: $4,000
Net proceeds after commission and fees: $3,530.
Investment cost: $126
Venue sold: DAAZ.COM
Hold time: 6 years

FYI- This name is currently under NIXI lock(due to issue with a registrar),so the name couldnt be transferred now, but a sales agreement was created/facilitated by Daaz.com and Daaz also called the end user and used local language to build trust and make the deal happen. $1K has been released now, and $3K will be released within 2 years(when NIXI case should be over). Daaz has received the funds.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back