IT.COM

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I remember Margot Bushnaq from Brandbucket saying on a podcast that a lot of the β€œexotic”’ letters (q, x, z, etc) are not the dealbreaker they used to be, but that the letter β€œv” is still a tough sell.

•••
Mine***.co
Sold for 380$
Sedo Bin

Hand reg in Sav.com for upto 3$

Hold time - 38 days left to expire.

You can see sale screenshot in @arifrusho Twitter

•••
•••
Alhamdulillah
Domain: Besttrailersales //com
Handregged this year
Sold price: 300
Outbound
Venue: Dan
Did you sold this by pitching CPC & Traffic volume numbers?

•••
I sold this .ca domain name that I had held since 2020. Price shown is in USD. The original offer was via inbound Whois, leading to the sale closing at my RenameCA 'White Label' SquadHelp Marketplace. Since standard listing, just 7.5% commission. Transfer and payout was fast. Best wishes to the buyer. The name has many potential uses. If I am recalling correctly, One Word Domains helped me find the availability of the name originally.

Show attachment 246922
Ha great work! I have the same name with .co extension, not sure how much it's worth :)

•••
hI EVeryone!!
No words can describe!

BIT DOT LI/ NK

I bought this from the NC auctions for $3,768.00 on April 6, 2023

It sold yesterday 9/9/2023 for $12,995!!

I had it higher with DAN at 14k, but whatever~

The ROI isn't really that good i guess ^_^. I should have had a higher BIN, but well I don't have any experience selling domains for five figures.... So, I just went with namebio + 4k (in this case 3k due to an error in pricing)

If anyone wants to chime in in the sales discussion details thread, I'm more than happy to hear thoughts on pricing and etc.

I, and many others on here, are in the crypto sphere. "Bit" has been a huge, huge keyword since 2017 (maybe earlier). It got bigger as time went on, but I think as soon as they stopped using "coins" as a keyword in crypto, "Bit" slowly started to wane as well.

Also, no outbounding... it was a pure BIN.

Show attachment 245925

I might be posting this prematurely as the buyer hasn't utilized the Auth code yet. But somehow they paid the whole thing at the same time they hit BIN 😳
Congratulations ! Amazing sale. is the domain name bitdotli and extension is .nk? Sorry I may be still new to this domain extension :)

•••
Congratulations ! Amazing sale. is the domain name bitdotli and extension is .nk? Sorry I may be still new to this domain extension :)
Zee screenshot

•••
Hey guys, update:

The buyer made the second installment! I honestly thought they'd just stop paying but it looks like they're serious!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231023_070323_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023_070323_Chrome.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 137
•••
Hey guys, update:

The buyer made the second installment! I honestly thought they'd just stop paying but it looks like they're serious!
Congrats ! It is a short sweet name indeed :)

•••
sharing my brokerings to share market Idea to domainers-
Lich.com
End user Gaming Company
25000$
Sedo Escrow service (3% charge)

one word Verb+ing.com 42000-45000$
Escrow.com
Investor sale

Number+Letter.com like 5p.com 9j.com
32-35k$

Investor
Escrow Just Started

Hope You get some ideA.

Will Update more when We buy n sell premium names for wholesale

•••
A bunch of wholesale price domains sold since end of July 2023 til now. As they are smaller sales I didn't want to report each one individually here so here's a bunch all at once. Hopefully I can share a retail priced sale soon with you all.

All less than 1 year hold time and all handreg, need cash flow so reduced prices on most of my domains.

Also added a section on my site for domain liquidation if anyone is interested, most are priced at $75 but nothing above $100. https://vivifydomains.com/domain-liquidation/

Show attachment 248829
Show attachment 248830
Show attachment 248831
Show attachment 248832
Show attachment 248833
Show attachment 248834
Show attachment 248835
Show attachment 248836
Show attachment 248837
Show attachment 248838
congrats, did you do outbound for these names?

•••
AiLPG . com
Sale Price: $99
Venue: Afternic (BIN) / Fast transfer
Hold time: 6 months
Free hand reg: $10

Let see if LPGai will be sold :happy:
Hmmmmm just notice lpGAI ( LPgai ) can be used as generative artificial intelligence
πŸ€”πŸ€¦

•••
V/O/G/T/D/I/G/I/T/A/L in KING
Sales Venue: DAN
Sales Price: mid $xxx
Sales Type: Outbound
Cost: $10
Hold Time: Several Days

Note: Email campaign initiated on the owner of the .de. Owner replied on 3rd follow up. Asked for high $xxx settled at mid $xxx . Happy Holidays

Attachments

• photo_2023-11-28_10-54-04.jpg
    photo_2023-11-28_10-54-04.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 118
•••
ZLZ in .org. $1888 at GoDaddy Auctions. Cost: $300ish plus renewal. $1416 payout after commission as I was using Sedo lander.

This domain had a surprise. I had this listed on DAN, Afternic, Sedo and GoDaddy auctions. I received an offer for $1000 through GDA but I was sleeping. By the time I woke up the buyer used the Buy now and paid the $1888. I didn't immediately remove it from the other marketplaces like I try to do and a few minutes later the sale came through on Sedo. Literally minutes. My BIN was priced at 1188 on Sedo instead of 1888 (woops!).

On the transaction page, Sedo told me I needed to print out and upload an invoice for the buyer (WTF, earn your commission. What business doesn't have invoices themselves). Anyway, I told Sedo the same buyer already paid for the domain on GoDaddy and the e-mail of the sale came through from GoDaddy and since they are also where the domain was located, I didn't see how to get out of it. Sedo said not to worry because the buyer was going to file a chargeback at GoDaddy. I contacted my GoDaddy rep as I had already received a payout to my Paypal and was wondering if there was a chance of a chargeback. He told me there was nothing to worry about since the deal was done. Sedo voided the sale a day or two after that.

I need to invest in some kind of portfolio manager. I've got 750ish domains (down from 900-1000 a year ago). I definitely don't want things like this to happen too often as I would hate to have an account closed because I couldn't fulfill my obligation.

Also, the domain is currently listed on Afternic for 8999 with a 3000 min. bid. It would be awesome if that guy or gal was able to sell it at that price.

Congratulations on the sale.
It's a nagging question.
If the domain has been added to Afternic

is it still necessary to add it to .godaddy auctions ?
This requires setting up a txt parse validation
before it can be added successfully?

Last edited:
•••
Alpha / Prompting (.) com
Sale Price: $1000
Venue: Dan (Distribution network)
Handregged 10 months ago

Probably undersold this one.

Nameservers were pointing to Sedo with BIN at around $2500.
I totally forgot it stayed listed on Dan at $1000 BIN.

Happy to see that the term Prompting is getting some traction as I own a few :)

Note, I think you were pricing this correctly at 1k (or perhaps 1k+).

I mean yes you can get more eventually , but in this market? Kind of drags its feet, still. I'm not impressed about December so far (though I'm doing well through more flexible pricing)

It might get difficult to sell this particular domain above 2k now - in my humble opinion. There is a chance of course, but STR goes down dramatically on higher priced domains.

So you just made a sale + you have plenty more to sell and you have got a niche validated = quite a win if you ask me.

Good luck further

•••
NOT my sale but..
Was my domain & i pushed to a very best friend of mine as part of a deal we have it a month ago
Was here / NP for sale at 100$
before pushed
Listed on 25 Nov. 2023 on Afternic
The buyer a pharma company from Switzerland
Sale price $2475
TAK . US

TAKSALE.png

Last edited:
•••
Some of my sales of 2023 - Part 8/8

Show attachment 251050

Also, completed payment plans

Show attachment 251052

Happy New Year all! Wish you all happiness, health, peace and prosperity - and more sales in 2024!
Congrats on your sales for 2023. Thanks for sharing even if I am sure you have not posted all. To put this into perspective may I ask your total portfolio size? I could find out that you have almost 6k names on Dan, but I could not figure out the SH, BB additions?

I see the majority of the sales on AN, do you think SH,BB still add values to your well diversified portfolio?

You have a very good taste for these empty vessel-ish type of names.

Btw for me since the last 1,5 years Afternic is very strong in terms of sales vs the brandable marketplaces hence my question.

Happy New Year as well!

•••
s t o r e / [wtf]

Sale price : 499 USD
Venue: DAN
Hold time: 8 months
Cost: Acquired for $30 or so

m a r k e t p l a c e / [wtf]

Sale price : 250 USD
Venue: DAN
Hold time: 8 months
Cost: $2.99 hand reg

Nice wtf sales! I'm holding shop // wtf, very similar to these.

•••
Sold balanceofequation dot com for $178 bin at @squadhelp.
Renewed for one year.
This domain has never been registered before.

•••
Martinezlandscaping in king just sold by Mann for 24k

It doesn't have a high da or PA

And I'm sitting here confused af

•••

Lots of companies are using this as [part of] their name. Check OpenCorporates.

•••

Yep, Mike Mann's sales are generally confusing, they might be real, it's just that he probably does not follow the usual path domainers follow, but works with some branding / marketing agency that inflates the prices for average looking names.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back