Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

kammineni.com

KammineniTop Member
Impact
Diphtheria.com
Great aged medical word registered - 1999
Please help me to appraise this domain name.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, it's a real dictionary word. So that is a big positive. The thing I wonder is who would be the end user for this name? Who would the target customer be, you would market it to?

The meaning of this word is: "a serious bacterial infection usually affecting the mucous membranes of your nose and throat."

It's pretty specific, scientific, and medical - not the "typical brand name".

It is hard to offer a value when there dont seem to be a "traditional" business or personal name market for it, that I know of.

But!!! I have no insight into your plans, thoughts, or target clients. I am more asking questions so I can provide better feedback.

Thanks,

•••
I'm surprised that NameBio shows 0 sales and $0 average price for this domain. Years ago, diphtheria was a common term as it caused a lot of illness and death. Kids used to be vaccinated with a DPT shot (diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus). I think kids worldwide are still vaccinated for it, but now there are several versions of it depending on age. Here's more info: https://www.vaccines.gov/diseases/diphtheria/index.html

•••
real word ,but hard sell I personally own a lot one word scientific names that no-one has ever heard of ,although you have a popular or once popular word,I cant see much value here estibot says 33k ,I say I wouldent pay more than 600 bucks

•••
The GoDaddy appraisal is $2250. As a comparable, tetanus.com has one sale listed at $2601. But since "diphtheria" isn't a commonly used term, these values would probably be too high.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back