Dynadot

showcase “Digital” domain showcase and discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all,

With the world quickly going digital I thought we should discuss and talk about our domain inventory in this space. I’ll start...

In .com -

Digitalworld
Digitalfund
Digitalfiat

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Someone has just filed a word mark for "PHYGITAL" in "conducting art events" field:
https://trademark.trademarkia.com/phygital-90686976.html

Hope they won't be able to coin this term in such a generic context. At least as the previous similar suspended application cases show, they shouldn't be.

•••
Saw the word shard/shards used as a metaphor in relation to fractionalizing of NFTs
So I found this one
(dawtcom)

DigiShards

Last edited:
•••
Someone has just filed a word mark for "PHYGITAL" in "conducting art events" field:
https://trademark.trademarkia.com/phygital-90686976.html

Hope they won't be able to coin this term in such a generic context. At least as the previous similar suspended application cases show, they shouldn't be.

Any names regged before he doesn’t have a leg to stand on imo plus he is limiting it to art “events”. Typing phygital into a browser he is not the first. Many existing sites in different niches. My guess is he thinks he can get the dot com cheap after this.

•••
Any names regged before he doesn’t have a leg to stand on imo plus he is limiting it to art “events”.
Even "art events" niche is too broad I think to monopolize the use of the "phygital" term - it's just one of the generic attributes of the event, such as "global" or "virtual". You should be more creative for a word mark, or should narrow down the context you are going to operate under the TM in even further.

My guess is he thinks he can get the dot com cheap after this.
Phygital.com would be an overkill for them, in my opinion, anyway.

Last edited:
•••
I think I'm going to throw up if I hear phytital one more time.. come on now. Or whatever it is. Phygital. What a terrible looking name.

Digit.One is my only.

•••
I think I'm going to throw up if I hear phytital one more time.. come on now. Or whatever it is. Phygital. What a terrible looking name.
Thanks for your opinion. Yep, as I've mentioned, there's quite much negativity around this word perception. I can't say I like it a lot either, but seem to be getting used to it. But I'm biased. The main thing bothering me is whether the logical concept standing behind this term is too artificial to survive long term or not. If the later, then the term will get the wider recognition along the road, no matter ugly it is not, IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
Have stumbled upon the meme, looks someone has been seriously pissed off, lol:
upload_2021-5-11_19-3-46.png

•••
•••
Unicorn.Digital
Tiger.Digital

pretty high on these two

•••
I’ve got PhygitalArtist.com
Nice one - yet it has another connotation related more to art creation rather than the exhibition format like this TM application addresses. I can only imaging what the "phygital art creation" process could be (could speculate though that this could be something like creating two pieces of artwork, the digital and the physical one, which should be viewed and interpreted together like puzzle pieces; or the process of online collaboration between artists during paining; or something entirely different) - but have registered 'phygital canvas', 'phygital paint' and 'phygital painting' names in this niche :).

Last edited:
•••
Have stumbled upon the meme, looks someone has been seriously pissed off, lol:
Show attachment 190002

This made me chuckle. It does sound kind of annoying lol... You can't ignore how a keyword sounds when you are considering how success a niche will be. It's not even a keyword really...

•••
This made me chuckle. It does sound kind of annoying lol... You can't ignore how a keyword sounds when you are considering how success a niche will be. It's not even a keyword really...
Something has probably got damaged in my brain (finally) but it seems I've started to like this word... :sneaky:

•••
Something has probably got damaged in my brain (finally) but it seems I've started to like this word... :sneaky:

It seems out of touch and expired like "Information Super Highway"...like soneone living in the 70s realized that "oh my gosh... You can mix the physical and the digital world!" when they've never been seperate to start with. It's just so 90s and it doesn't sound very nice brand wise...

•••
It seems out of touch and expired like "Information Super Highway"...like soneone living in the 70s realized that "oh my gosh... You can mix the physical and the digital world!" when they've never been seperate to start with. It's just so 90s and it doesn't sound very nice brand wise...
Exactly my initial thoughts! Actually indeed, this is a sort of making up a name for something existing for many years. It seems to me this gets the most common application now in the context of acheiving the optimal balance between online and offline business exposure - say, some banks have completely switched to the online model, closed their physical offices, etc.; but then realized that clients want to talk to someone alive sometimes, face to face; so they open some offices again, with some fancy casual interiors - and, tada! "Look all here, we are phygital!". But this word/concept seems to have the viral effect beyond marketing, so it gets many other unexpected applications - like classes, exibitions, workplaces and so on. I actually don't think like all this stuff has been in the desperate need for a dedicated word to be called with, but since many people like this and the trend goes up - why not to take a ride on this?

Last edited:
•••
•••
https://www.fide.com/news/1120
'The International Chess Federation is pleased to announce a new partnership with Tech Mahindra Ltd., a leading provider of digital transformation, consulting and business re-engineering services and solutions. The Memorandum of Understanding signed between the parties focuses on creating together the Global Chess League, a project first proposed by Tech Mahindra Ltd. earlier this year. Now, with the support of FIDE, the Global Chess League will be provided with an accredited and exclusive status as the only world league officially recognised by the governing body of the sport of chess.

The competition will be established as a first-of-its-kind “phygital” (physical and digital) league, engaging players from all levels – professional or otherwise. In principle, it will have several franchise-owned teams from across the globe, which will comprise a mix of titled players along with juniors and wildcard entrants playing each other in an exciting format.
'

I guess if the term retains its place in the new chess league definition, its exposure is going to be huge.

•••
brandable:

D i g i r e u m . c o m

Last edited:
•••
https://www.fide.com/news/1120
'The International Chess Federation is pleased to announce a new partnership with Tech Mahindra Ltd., a leading provider of digital transformation, consulting and business re-engineering services and solutions. The Memorandum of Understanding signed between the parties focuses on creating together the Global Chess League, a project first proposed by Tech Mahindra Ltd. earlier this year. Now, with the support of FIDE, the Global Chess League will be provided with an accredited and exclusive status as the only world league officially recognised by the governing body of the sport of chess.

The competition will be established as a first-of-its-kind “phygital” (physical and digital) league, engaging players from all levels – professional or otherwise. In principle, it will have several franchise-owned teams from across the globe, which will comprise a mix of titled players along with juniors and wildcard entrants playing each other in an exciting format.
'

I guess if the term retains its place in the new chess league definition, its exposure is going to be huge.
And someone has been quick enough to register PhygitalChess domain (y).

•••
phygitalleague.com is free (:

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I have in dot com,

digital drones

•••
Digital Fashion House .Com

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back