Domain Empire

.mobi Differing opinions...Mobi or not Mobi that is the question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a couple mobi's floating around and still cant decide whether to keep for a while to see what happens or sell:

symptomchecker.mobi

househunter.mobi

Any thoughts??? anyone, keep or sell

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are grey area IMHO - not bad but not obvious stars either. Both have realistic Mobile use, which puts them ahead of much of the pack.

Realize that the reseller market for Mobi is very weak at the moment. I consider all Mobis five year holds.

•••
•••
mobi or not mobi that is the question

I have a couple mobi's floating around and still cant decide whether to keep for a while to see what happens or sell:

symptomchecker.mobi

househunter.mobi

Any thoughts??? anyone, keep or sell

The question really is:

Q: Are these two mobi's of any value?

A: Better names are being dropped regularly, so selling these for a profit these days will be unlikely.

•••
The question really is:

Q: Are these two mobi's of any value?

A: Better names are being dropped regularly, so selling these for a profit these days will be unlikely.

Thx for the comments guys,

I did think these, as has been said, have ideal extension for the term....

HouseHunter - obvious house search for your phone (working in the estate agency business I know how popular this is)

Symptomchecker - In my mind could be used for a mobile version of NHS direct or simple medical analysis

•••
Thx for the comments guys,

I did think these, as has been said, have ideal extension for the term....

HouseHunter - obvious house search for your phone (working in the estate agency business I know how popular this is)

Symptomchecker - In my mind could be used for a mobile version of NHS direct or simple medical analysis

A lot of things could be used for something but they rarely do. Unless you're going to actually develop these yourself the question is will you ever get serious offers for these. Traders want the best price and since better stuff drops regularly you're probably looking at reg fee range around here.

•••
I agree the reseller value currently is minimal. The question is, what is your plan?

If you want to put in a lot of time searching the drops and forums you can find better reg fee Mobi names --- but not easily. I looked through the last couple days availables and the next few days drops and saw nothing better than these, IMHO. So to improve on these you would need to put in some time watching the drops, or buy in the aftermarket.

If you want a couple mobis to stash for a few years just in case the market moves that way - and don't want to spend time digging for hidden gems you might keep them. If your domain cash is very limited you might do better putting it elsewhere.

Grey area domain renewal decisions are among the roughest parts of domaining.

•••
TY for your feedback.........given the fact that I personally cant see mobi moving much for a while I think I will try to move them on....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back