Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Thoughts on potential value (end user)?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm also thinking loud here...why on earth should anybody pay for diesel.club $5,000 USD if it's probably worth only reg. fee? And on the website only trucks...:xf.rolleyes:

Also Wine.club also sold for 140,000 . Lets now appraise every single name for 100k +

•••
I own the same .PRO
And Google says that it is banned to display ads due to TM-issue...

•••
.NET is banned by Google as well.
Just rechecked.

•••
And Google says that it is banned to display ads due to TM-issue...

This has nothing to do with the diesel dot net or pro

• An ad can use a trademarked term in its text if either of these conditions is true:
    • the ad text uses the term descriptively in its ordinary meaning rather than in reference to the trademark
    • the ad is not in reference to the goods or services corresponding to the trademarked term

•••
•••
Yes, this term is banned regardless of TLD.

•••
For approval, the owner of any diesel.TLD should follow authorization policy.

The process

For advertisers: Contact the trademark owner directly and ask that they submit an authorization form for your account. We can't arrange authorization for you. If you don't know who to contact, use this form and select "No" to indicate that you aren't the trademark owner.

•••
if you own a brilliant domain
you should not think as a flipper thinks
but like rick schwarz

think of your children
lateron you may need to explain to them

•••
Top keyword - print.net sold for only 3.2K (Sep 2016)

F.Y.I. Print.net for sale on Flippa auction - starting 15K

•••
•••
For approval, the owner of any diesel.TLD should follow authorization policy.

The process

For advertisers: Contact the trademark owner directly and ask that they submit an authorization form for your account. We can't arrange authorization for you. If you don't know who to contact, use this form and select "No" to indicate that you aren't the trademark owner.
This is a domain for a trademark owner!
I have already written this: "I have found over four thousand entries of registered or abandoned trademarks using the term "diesel" in the mark. Therefor a possible upgrade name for a lot of brands! The sky is the limit :xf.smile:(y)"
There is much more than only one trademark holder!

•••
Also Wine.club also sold for 140,000 . Lets now appraise every single name for 100k +
Regardless of all the existing trademarks you have to look at this "diesel" term with one or two steps back to see the full picture.
In the US a very known car producer has agreed to pay to the US Taxpayers and to the car owners billions of dollars for violating federal and state emission laws. The term "diesel" describes this whole calvary with one word - DIESEL. Everybody on the planet knows this already. In Europe there are currently investigations against many diesel car producers and diesel technology developers because the emissions are multiple times higher than stated in the car documentations and they are above the law emission regulation.
We are on the brick of a never seen scandal. In comparison to this the US emission scandal will look like an "elf". This is so big that the politicians handle this like a very hot potato because the outcome of this will be very very painful!
Now maybe somebody will ask what this has to do with the evaluation of this domain? I will say probably nothing...:xf.cool:

•••
We will no doubt wait for a potential end user - it is clear that is where the max. ROI is going to be generated.
I am toying with idea of sending out a soft PR simply informing companies in the car/fuels industries about the availability of the name.

•••
We will no doubt wait for a potential end user - it is clear that is where the max. ROI is going to be generated.
I am toying with idea of sending out a soft PR simply informing companies in the car/fuels industries about the availability of the name.
While informing companies in the car/fuels industries about the availability of the name, I'd also mention that you're offering it to other industries (ie. Diesel the jeans company who use the .com - have you offered it to them?)

Last edited:
•••
The irony is that OP is asking for advice, but he is more knowledgeable than the majority of commenters in this thread. There are very very few .net that ever sold for 5 figures, let alone 6... let's be realistic for a minute.

•••
Mid xxxxx - End User

Last edited:
•••
The irony is that OP is asking for advice, but he is more knowledgeable than the majority of commenters in this thread. There are very very few .net that ever sold for 5 figures, let alone 6... let's be realistic for a minute.
Good thread for us newbies to learn from though (varying opinions, potential google TM issues etc.). I like a nice .net but it seems they just don't sell for much.

Last edited:
•••
there are absolutely no TM issues owning that name
TM issues can arrise only if you infringe a TM by the use of the domain

diesel engines are used by about half of the automobiles in europe
and in nearly every truck

owning diesel.net
would give a great boost to company images
like VW or Mercedes , Skania
and some of them really need it

•••
That is why 1) I have just a simple "for sale" landing page (no ads) and 2) have not/will not be contacting Diesel.com/™ holders re: the availability of the name.

I think I have sold only 2 .Nets in the 5-figure range

company.net - $23,000
ares.net - $21,500

The majority high-end sales (5-6 fig.) go unreported.

•••
Yes, you may freely use it for something else like NightClub's name...
But if we are talking about engines - it is another story... that's why this term is banned.

Last edited:
•••
I have just a simple "for sale" landing page (no ads)
And this is 100% enough for UDRP-panel to be considered as "bad faith".

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
As a fashion brand, it is clear the domain cannot be used. As a standalone generic useage, the domain is fine.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back