IT.COM

discuss Diem??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am wondering will folks reactivate the "famous" (and unfortunate) libra domains thread, or start a new one?

•••
You should have entitled this thread " Carpe Diem". :)

Off to read about "diem" now.

OK, so they think it will be the new Facebook crypto. If it is, then that will be big, at least initially, but I don't feel comfortable with it, so I think I will give it a miss.

Last edited:
•••
•••
upload_2020-12-1_22-44-39.png

•••
They seek regulatory compliance apparently

•••
A struggling cryptocurrency backed by Facebook has changed its name, in a bid to get it off the ground and approved by regulators.

regulatory uproar that has swamped the project since. Facebook's involvement has proved especially controversial.

Some of the bigger founding members appear to have gotten cold feet. Seven of the original 28 founding members -- that's a quarter of them -- dropped out before the association's inaugural meeting in Geneva. The exits included PayPal, eBay, Stripe and financial services giants Visa and Mastercard. The departures are big losses because those members brought expertise in payments and transfers technology.

•••
•••
I risked it all, and registered 3 decent diem dotcoms.
When I searched there were even better ones available, but someone was faster.

A few dotcoms were still available minutes ago:
diemfarm.com
diemtown.com
totaldiem.com
diemexpert.com
diemsolution.com
diemtips.com
netdiem.com
diem4u.com

Here are some available .co / .net if someone wants to reg:
diempoker.co
diemworld.co
diemworld.net
diemlab.co
diemlabs.co
diemprice.co
diemloan.co

Last edited:
•••
* be the ceo of a multi-billion company
* announce a new crypto currency
* change its name every few months
* laugh your ass off watching domainers register xxxx variations of your name every time

•••
* be the ceo of a multi-billion company
* announce a new crypto currency
* change its name every few months
* laugh your ass off watching domainers register xxxx variations of your name every time
Lol

•••
And this time they have the .com :xf.grin:

•••
i am assuming all diem domains would have been gone by now :xf.grin:

•••
Found one they missed: die-m.com :xf.grin:

•••
And this time they have the .com :xf.grin:

but with no TM, didn't the same happen with 'bitcoin' and everyone bought and sold bitcoin domains?

Last edited:
•••
but with no TM, didn't the same happen with 'bitcoin' and everyone bought and sold bitcoin domains?

they dont have trademark on term "diem" ?

•••
Last edited:
•••
There are loads of live TM for "Diem" but it's not really the best way to see it I think.
FB doesn't risk much;
An infrigement would be buying names like "facebook diem" or "fb diem"

•••
•••
For the random diem names to actually have value would be the same as bitcoin, mass adoption IMO.
And yet, BTC has to become widely used. I believe BTC and crypto in general is the future myself but if not everyone makes the switch, it will be difficult for IRL exchanges, anything from getting paid, paying the rent, to buying pizzas

•••
Last edited:
•••
@mrcurly , what diem domains did you gt for yourself ? :sneaky::-P

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back