Dynadot

discuss Diem??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good luck to those playing with fire. If you examine their trademark application they used MANY categories to defend that mark. That is not done by a company who doesn’t care who uses their mark. Anyone who registered names close to the application of that TM can be called a classic cyber squatter. Berryhill discussed it but to those of you who think you know better good luck with that.

Facebook have said it's an "open source" for people to develop apps for all sorts and to get onboard and spread the word.....pretty much what everyone has done with bitcoin!? They would only be bothered if you try to bring a diem coin out wouldn't they?

Last edited:
•••
Facebook have said it's an "open source" for people to develop apps for all sorts and to get onboard and spread the word! They would only be bothered if you try to bring a diem coin out wouldn't they?
You can build content at Facebook too but you can’t separately brand it under your own fb domain.

Last edited:
•••
•••
you can’t separately brand it under your own fb domain.

Where have facebook said that by using diem+word?

Diem will be launched on all exchanges too not just on facebook, open for developers to develop a site connecting to facebook diem, hence spreading the word etc

I'm not that bothered either way tbh, only have 1 domain.

•••
Facebook have said it's an "open source" for people to develop apps for all sorts and to get onboard and spread the word.....pretty much what everyone has done with bitcoin!? They would only be bothered if you try to bring a diem coin out wouldn't they?

You are just trying to justify your purchases. Open source doesn’t mean welcome cyber squatters register everything under the sun we won’t care. They registered the mark and will have no trouble defending it. You bought those names to profit off of Facebook new venture. That is cyber squatting and you guys should know better.

•••
You are just trying to justify your purchases. Open source doesn’t mean welcome cyber squatters register everything under the sun we won’t care. They registered the mark and will have no trouble defending it. You bought those names to profit off of Facebook new venture. That is cyber squatting and you guys should know better.

I only have one domain, wind your neck in please!

•••

Facebook are being threatened with a lawsuit because there is a prior active company in the UK who uses the Diem brand for financial/fintech services.

Facebook would of knew about this before changing their name to Diem. Its hard to claim rights to a trademark if there is already an active company already offering similar goods/services.

https://www.smeweb.com/2019/07/23/hard-trademark-cryptocurrency/?cli_action=1608731133.854

Diem was already once a cryptocurrency before Facebook and is also a generic term.

BTW I'm not advising anyone to register trademarks. I am just pointing out this is a sticky situation they caused for themselves by rebranding to diem.

Last edited:
•••
The only Diem in a financial category I am finding is Diem Checkless (two words) with an application 6 weeks before Facebook who is registering just Diem.

Don’t know what other finance ones you are referring to. All other Diem marks have two words or non financial category or dead marks.
https://sifted.eu/articles/facebook-legal-pressure-diem/
Gonna assume they will fight facebook knowing they will lose, but hope for a windfall of money to avoid it.
Not a good look for FB...imo. They have the resources and time to come up with a name that's not used in the niche. But it's easier to buyout a company or bulldoze them i guess

Last edited:
•••
coin1wallet.png
Just added : Coin1wallet.com...no TM issues

•••
•••
Libra new name Diem....XDM new name XDX.....I had only 3 XDM name...
:)
xdx.png

Last edited:
•••
XDM new name XDX.....
Strange because "DM" is pronounced "Diem", so XDM makes the most sense. "XDX" almost sounds like a generic placeholder, like they didn't mean to release the XDM name to the public yet and quietly replaced it with a generic placeholder until their official launch. Or they've decided to use XDM for their US dollar stablecoin (which will probably be the most used one just like the US dollar is the most used currency worldwide) and XDX for their multicurrency stablecoin. Who knows. Time will tell.

But this new info could explain why it wasn't adding up that my Client's XDM domains were not selling as I mentioned in this post.

Diem aren't doing themselves any favors with all these changes, but at least I don't feel like a failure now as there is finally another explanation for why my Client's XDM domains were not selling and why we had to end the sale.

@kamarco, you might not want to jump the gun next time you claim "there is nothing odd going on" with such confidence. There was evidence something may have been amiss and it seems @seodavid08 finally uncovered it.

•••
I won’t register any XDX domains but here are some available :xf.wink:

XDXZone
XDXFuture

•••
any one registered "XDX" domains?

Last edited:
•••
•••
wow...can you share it?...most of domains already registered ...trying to find some
Got five of these, guess we'll see how it goes ...

•••
Oh, XDM -> XDX and then -> XD?

Last edited:
•••
I grabbed a few XDX names:

X D - X /.com
Win XDX /.com
XDX /.today
XDX Today /.com
XDX Times /.com

•••
Strange because "DM" is pronounced "Diem", so XDM makes the most sense. "XDX" almost sounds like a generic placeholder, like they didn't mean to release the XDM name to the public yet and quietly replaced it with a generic placeholder until their official launch. Or they've decided to use XDM for their US dollar stablecoin (which will probably be the most used one just like the US dollar is the most used currency worldwide) and XDX for their multicurrency stablecoin. Who knows. Time will tell.

But this new info could explain why it wasn't adding up that my Client's XDM domains were not selling as I mentioned in this post.

Diem aren't doing themselves any favors with all these changes, but at least I don't feel like a failure now as there is finally another explanation for why my Client's XDM domains were not selling and why we had to end the sale.

@kamarco, you might not want to jump the gun next time you claim "there is nothing odd going on" with such confidence. There was evidence something may have been amiss and it seems @seodavid08 finally uncovered it.

Who told you names sell a few weeks after hand regging? Your β€œclient” needs to hire someone who actually has a clue about domaining. You are the one jumping the gun with alarm that very speculative and possibly problematic hand reg names remain unsold after a few weeks. Stop pretending to be some professional because your every post on this subject makes it abundantly clear you are not.

•••
•••
•••
Who told you names sell a few weeks after hand regging? Your β€œclient” needs to hire someone who actually has a clue about domaining. You are the one jumping the gun with alarm that very speculative and possibly problematic hand reg names remain unsold after a few weeks. Stop pretending to be some professional because your every post on this subject makes it abundantly clear you are not.
This is the strangest "I was wrong" post I've ever read. It would have been easier if you had just written "I admit I was wrong when I confidentially declared 'there is nothing odd going on'" now that we all know there actually was. Diem domains were selling for $x,xxx. XDM domains could not even sell for $xxx. Something was not adding up. Now we know what it was. Your bruised ego won't change that fact. Nor will it change the fact that you were wrong and should not be making confident declarations about things you know nothing about as it's a disservice to readers. Considering your inability to admit when you are wrong even when it's in plain sight for all to see, your words are meaningless.

•••
Here are my handreg.

XDXCHANGE.COM
XDX-BLOCKCHAIN.COM
BETXDX.COM
XDXBLOCK.COM
XDXCOINWALLET.COM
MYXDXWALLET.COM
DEFIXDX.COM
XDXCRYPTO.ORG
XDXFOREX.COM

•••
Had an offer on one

Last edited:
•••
I have one diem domain
Diem.pro

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back