IT.COM

Did you meet the same thing in Sedo parking?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I received the same email in early July 2004.

I provided detailed third-party statistics (extreme tracking) where my traffic came from. They subsequently deleted all my domains from their system on 8th July 2004 saying my traffic was of inferior quality (i.e. non-converting for their advertisers).

My advice to you:

Find an alternative parking place immediately, because all your earnings in December 2004 will be gone and your sedo account will be suspended in 7-9 January 2005.

I have since sent my traffic directly to various affiliate programs and making more money than parking at Sedo. Non-converting traffic??? LOL. Sedo Sucks! I still have their emails saying my traffic was non-converting. So insulting.

My previous post:
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=48613

•••
I received same email from them too.
It seems SEDO don't want to pay members whose earning is more than some amount.

lurikos, Thank you for the information.

•••
i got the same thing

This is why i stopped using Sedo. I got a similar email beginning of November. I had rougly 200 domains registered with them, and 4 were doing really really well.

Then, a week before they were supposed to deposit my earnings, I got an email from them. My first impression of the email was that it was VERY unprofessional and insulting. For two days I was in a pi$$y mood cuz i thought i put in all that effort for nothing. My traffic was 100% legit, and it took a lot of hard work to do. Lots of linking, lots of site submission. I emailed them back with proof of that my traffic was legit and they eventually deposited the money, and emailed me back with," our systems show that your traffic was legit."

First, they should have emailed me the second they thought there was a problem, not 5 days before a deposit was to be made....it was as if they were saying, "oh sh!t, you really did make money with us, and now we gotta pay you this month. prove to us that you domains are really getting traffic with us or we won't pay you." It's like they were looking for reasons not to payme.....

Number two, they should have stats available to them that shows that the traffic is legit. I was a real sedo fan untill that email thing happened. I'm really not into the guilty untill proven innocent thing. By comming out and accusing me of cheating like that really turned me off.

•••
How can you show that your traffic is legitimate?

•••
yandig said:
How can you show that your traffic is legitimate?

All I did was tell them how i marketed the domain name.

But that's a great question, cuz they could have disputed with me about it and not pay me for the month.

•••
Thank you for this thread.

I am just getting started with a pultry 20 names but have been trying to choose good services.

I went with Sedo since they pay for traffic from Asia where some of my names are targeted. DomainSponsor does not pay Asia according to their docs.

So I was going to be lazy and just put my other domains at Sedo but since this thread I think I'll give DomainSponsor a chance.

Thanks again.

•••
Removed.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back