Dynadot

Did .bet flop?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainsoup

Established Member
Impact
There was a guy on here who paid a huge premium registration cost + high XXX per year to own 55.bet. Not one single offer on Sedo for his domain. He was saying how good of an investment it was.

Only one reported sale so far on namebio. Is it a flop extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Way to early to say if .bet will be a success, give it a few years to see if it catches on !

•••
I agree with doubleU the .bet and many other new gtlds haven't had time to age yet

•••
55.bet is actually not a bad name to have.

•••
I actually think that .bet is a strong extension. I started writing a reply in response to this question, but it grew and grew, and I've now made it a thread in its own right - "Some thoughts about the value of gtlds, long term potential and "toxic" registries"

•••
•••
•••
There was a guy on here who paid a huge premium registration cost + high XXX per year to own 55.bet. Not one single offer on Sedo for his domain. He was saying how good of an investment it was.

Only one reported sale so far on namebio. Is it a flop extension?

.bet is short and make sense and betting domains can get some very high prices BUT it is still a limited niche not broad. Then there is limited awareness, I think a few selected domains could have the potential to sell for some high prices but I don't think we will see many sales if any.

•••
The new gTLDs seems to do rather well among end-users. There are plenty of developed sites with that extensions:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:.bet&oq=site:.bet

But it's not a hot extension among domainers, I'll have to admit that. The end-users can find a good name themselves for almost no money at all. Not many of them will spend X,XXX - XX,XXX dollars on a new gTLD. The average big company is still looking for .COM or the appropriate ccTLD.

Last edited:
•••
•••
After opening week there has not been much buzz, the implosion in China did not help either as a large portion of registrations came out of there. This is what happens to many GTLD's after launch, the PR goes cold, so does the follow thru.

•••
•••
Any potential for short NNNN .Bet numerics for China market?

I one like 0999.bet I know the 0 kills it but still? Triple 9?

Has .Bet gotten the "greenlight" from China gov like .Top and .XYZ and .Club?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back