NameSilo

Did anyone win anything on sites such Swoopo or other "penny auction" sites?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I did not know there were so many and they must make a ton of money.

Any experience?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The sites do indeed make a "ton of money" with the right traffic.. I have heard a lot of bad things tho from the bidders perspective... mostly because it is very expensive to buy bids and they seldom win.

•••
Lost $20 on Swoopo without winning anything. After that I gave up. It really is a waste of money that just earns the site a ton of money.

•••
Thanks guys, it confirms my impression. At first, when I saw one of this sites, I was seriously about to join and bid.....but then I monitored auctions for 1 hour, googled a bit of related reviews and it seems that yes they are legal....but in my opinion they should be. It`s impossible to know when it is the last bid and you have no guarantee about the honesty of those bids. So, despite whatever these sites claims, I think they should be all banned. I really think they make too much money.

•••
Thanks guys, it confirms my impression. At first, when I saw one of this sites, I was seriously about to join and bid.....but then I monitored auctions for 1 hour, googled a bit of related reviews and it seems that yes they are legal....but in my opinion they should be. It`s impossible to know when it is the last bid and you have no guarantee about the honesty of those bids. So, despite whatever these sites claims, I think they should be all banned. I really think they make too much money.

Ive looked into developing this type of site and automatic bids from the system are integrated into the script. Still have plans to develop it sometime in the future since the amount of money that can be made is frightening!

•••
Ive looked into developing this type of site and automatic bids from the system are integrated into the script. Still have plans to develop it sometime in the future since the amount of money that can be made is frightening!

Would it not be dishonest on your part?

•••
Yeah, dunno know about the automatic bids part.. tho I once had a Win 4 lotto script that allowed you to skew the winning percentages anyway you liked.. I never did use it.

•••
My friend won a 360 and a gift card on one of the sites. He claims to know some 'strategy' but admits a lot of it is luck. Never bid on something until there is under 10 seconds left or its a waste. Pick an item and stick with it, don't hop around to other items. And lower costing items usually have less attention and bidders. Refer people to get free bids.

The chances just sound to slim for me to consider bidding on any of those sites.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back