IT.COM

domains DI: Hallmark files UDRP Against Mahogany.com

NameSilo
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
DomainInvesting:
Yesterday afternoon, I noticed a UDRP was filed against the high value, one word, Mahogany.com domain name. Because the UDRP was filed at the NAF, the complainant was not publicly known. There are hundreds of companies that have the word Mahogany as part of their branding, and in addition, there are many companies that sell mahogany, a popular high-end type of timber.

It was pointed out to me on Twitter that Rob Monster posted a copy of the notice he received regarding this UDRP since Mahogany.com is registered at Epik.

... In his tweet, Rob was advocating on behalf of his client because mahogany is (in his opinion and in my opinion) a generic term. I do not recall ever seeing a CEO of a registrar advocating on behalf of a client against a UDRP filing like this before.

rbmhgn.jpg

( @Acroplex pointed: Interesting timing. Hallmark applied for the registration of MAHOGANY with the USPTO earlier in April, with an intent to use clause ..)

read more (domaininvesting)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Who do these people think they are? Clowns!!

•••
Absolutely insane ^ these fortune 500 companies just can’t make a decent offer on a name anymore, they gotta try and sue you first ... no words

•••
Bullying is now a hallmark of Hallmark?

Hope they get a RDNH filing added too smh.

HALLOFSHAME.com, Do it, @Rick Schwartz!

BULLIES! Cards probably not selling w corona

Last edited:
•••
HALLOFSHAME.com, Do it, @Rick Schwartz!

Exactly, and I know which company I won't be buying any cards from going forward.

I just hope Hallmark isn't going to spread some BTC around and thereby steal the domain. A decision awarding them Hallmark.com would be ugly, but it's not like we haven't seen this scam before.

Last edited:
•••
THANK YOU SO MUCH EPIK FOR STANDING UP!

This is such a wrong thing to do to somebody. Even though we know they don't have a chance, how could they live with themselves causing someone this stress.

NEVER will I buy anything from them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back