DesktopCatcher software

Discussion in 'Drop Catchers and Expired Domain Services' started by Paul123, Aug 11, 2015.

Replies:
Views:

1. uman328

uman328 New Member

I have bought the program recently and i caught a good domain. I need to catch a few more to recover the initial investment.

Keep in mind that you have to add some funds in each registrar account, otherwise the API cannot register the domain. The support is one of the the best i had for a digital product.

I will come back with a review.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. wayne wooldridge

wayne wooldridge Established Member

I use my own software. If anyone is interested, it is based on namesilo API. If there is enough interest in the software, other registrar's API can easily integrated.
    I only ask for a small donation of atleast $10(a bargain if you ask me) in return. A namesilo account with API access that is funded is required and for now, compatible with Windows only.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  3. creataweb

creataweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Tell me more sir.

4. spiritfly

spiritfly Established Member

I own DesktopCatcher for around 4-5 years. I have rarely used it for .com/net and other popular TLDs, but in my experience it is worth it giving it a go. Of course you cannot beat any big registrars like dropcath or pheenix, but I've found it helpful many times when I wanted to catch some domains that I knew were not very popular, but I still wanted to be sure I'd get them.

However, I've had great success with some other ccTLDs in the past, so I highly respect this software! The support is awesome as well. It's a great tool to have in your arsenal for sure!

5. davidc1

davidc1 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

i have exactly the same feedback with this software !

6. Cdomains

Cdomains Active Member VIP

I'll second that!

7. wayne wooldridge

Currently it only has namesilo's api integrated, but other registrars could be added if requested. Basically what it does is at drop-time(between 10:45 a.m. and 12:15 pm Pacific Time) it continuously makes API calls with namesilos dropcatch command on a list of domains you add via a txt file. You have to have a pre-funded namesilo account with an api key.(you can easily generate your personal key in account settings.)

Attached are some screenshots

Attached Files:

8. usernamex

usernamex Señor Beaverotti VIP

My guess is there are many users (like me) who use Desktop Catcher for niche catching, especially ccTLDs and ngTLDs which NameSilo doesn't do. For that NameSilo has really limited use, if the drop goes past 12:15 or if you want more than COM and NET. Personally, I now prefer using the registrars that don't have the restrictions like Dynadot and RRPProxy so I can pare down my pre-funding.

@wayne wooldridge - You'd for sure have some interest anyway, methinks a good idea to start your own thread : thumbs up :

9. wayne wooldridge

Can you tell me which registrars you do prefer? You do make some valid points as to how limited namesilo API is for someone who wants to catch other TLDs.

10. eko prasetio

eko prasetio Active Member VIP

pm me detail sir..

11. sapfir

sapfir Established Member

Hello !

error from April 2017

DynaDot Thread Exception [Logged] Error: Unable to connect to the remote server

What to do ? Thanks

12. usernamex

usernamex Señor Beaverotti VIP

@sapfir - is it still happening? Did your IP address change? I did a modem upgrade and forgot to update my IP in DC and got the same error

13. GeorgeQuang

GeorgeQuang Established Member

is it available to using this software against Back-Order services ?

14. davidc1

davidc1 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

sure but you will win nothing with the software.

15. FPForum

FPForum Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

@GeorgeQuang & @davidc1 it would really depend. Higher demand names which are sure to have multiple backorders will not be likely to grab. But, I've had people tell me they've beat personal backorders at multiple places in the past. It can be done. But once again, there are other variables that would come into that. The demand of backorders would certainly be one of them.

16. Haris

Haris Best Domainer Of The End-Times Business Account VIP

The best domain I was able to win was Essence/Clothing dotcom. Most of the domains even those that should not be considered "higher demand" names are bought by HugeDomains so it's now tough to win good names through DesktopCatcher nowadays. But as @FPForum said, there are many variables.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!