IT.COM

advice Deleted domains with traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameWell

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I've been browsing expireddomains.net and got confused. I'm trying to find a recently deleted domain name within my niche that has some traffic. What criteria should I pay the most attention to? I've found some relevant domain names that have Alexa Traffic Rank at about 8 - 9 mln., but zero backlinks and I found some domain names that have 1-2K backlinks but zero for Alexa Traffic Rank. This got me confused.

Any advice? :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Backlinks help you develop traffic and Alexa usually shows you if it has traffic. You can usually tell if the Alexa Traffic is a dud by looking at what is linking in.

•••
No Links + Alexa Rank = Mainly paid traffic OR redirects

Links + No Alexa Rank = Doesnt mean theres no traffic. You ll ve to test it.

Links + Alexa Rank = Chances of genuine traffic are good but still alexa rank can be due to paid traffic. You ll still ve to test it.

Quality and type of links is an important factor. Google more to understand this better.

It takes time and money to understand all the above. Best of luck.

•••
No Links + Alexa Rank = Mainly paid traffic OR redirects

Links + No Alexa Rank = Doesnt mean theres no traffic. You ll ve to test it.

Links + Alexa Rank = Chances of genuine traffic are good but still alexa rank can be due to paid traffic. You ll still ve to test it.

Quality and type of links is an important factor. Google more to understand this better.

It takes time and money to understand all the above. Best of luck.

@VaibhavA THANK YOU! That's exactly what I needed :) Some road signs so I know what to research further :)

•••
Hi

for backlinks, you have to check where each link is placed/located on each respective website.
and.... if those websites don't get any traffic, then don't expect to receive any traffic from the links on those websites.

the number of links isn't as important as the quality of the backlink.
and you have to consider that link will always be under the control of the webmaster, of that site.
as they can remove it or alter it, at their discretion.

imo...

•••
Hi

for backlinks, you have to check where each link is placed/located on each respective website.
and.... if those websites don't get any traffic, then don't expect to receive any traffic from the links on those websites.

the number of links isn't as important as the quality of the backlink.
and you have to consider that link will always be under the control of the webmaster, of that site.
as they can remove it or alter it, at their discretion.

imo...

Thank you for your insights, this is useful.

•••
Also, you may want to double-check using SimilarWeb's limited pro version. It does overestimate in most cases, but it'll still tell you if a domain had traffic over the past three months. Handy when you want to know if a deleted domain still has some traffic going to it from referral traffic.

•••
Also, you may want to double-check using SimilarWeb's limited pro version. It does overestimate in most cases, but it'll still tell you if a domain had traffic over the past three months. Handy when you want to know if a deleted domain still has some traffic going to it from referral traffic.

Okay, I will. Thank you!

•••
•••
Okay, I will. Thank you!

Check qıantcast too. It may rank mostly US traffic though. But it's more reliable than Alexa and SimilarWeb

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back