Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global786

Established Member
Impact
Hello friends,
I have registered this domain 5 days ago online while search domain name for deal on domain company.
I searched randomly for dedo.com which price is almost $60,000
I was surprised after viewing at dedo.biz is available.
I just wanted to know from you guys does it really worth. I really don't want it to sale as i am working on website design for this domain.
If this domain really worth, How much price could i get if i list it for sale.?
Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I searched randomly for dedo.com which price is almost $60,000
Irrelevant, even the .com actually sells at the listed price. Comparing apples to oranges.
You need to do more research. Simply put, you will struggle to sell names in that extension.

•••
The name is worth zero. The .biz extension is an amateur extension (that is just how it happened). People who use .biz are looked down upon, just like professional people who use a Yahoo or Gmail email address on their websites are. That is just how the public views it.

That being said, if you had a pet project that you wanted to put up, then DEDO.biz would work. The point is that is won't add any value to whatever it is that you do. If your nickname is DEDO, and you want to document your progress in your bowling league, you could use DEDE.biz and it would work. Not a knock against you. The .biz extension is always a loser. There just aren't any names in the space that people need. In fact, there probably isn't a .biz name in the universe that would automatically significantly improve one's life. Avoid the extension and you will save a lot of time and money. People were trying to push the .us extension a few years ago (even some domainers). That is another loser for life.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the suggestions.
@lolwarrior you can check it on godaddy.com
Thanks

•••
Great answer i really like your suggestions @kite26

•••
The .biz extension is an amateur extension (that is just how it happened). People who use .biz are looked down upon, just like professional people who use a Yahoo or Gmail email address on their websites are. That is just how the public views it.

Funny I deal with professionals all day long and the vast majority of the lawyers and doctors use gmail.

And my .biz I use to deal with them has made me millions over the years.

I guess I'm unprofessional, okay, but I'm a rich unprofessional.

Back to the OP request, if there's a project using DEDO to warrant the .com sale you claim, who knows, but I think you saw maybe an asking price.

So unless there's a new project around I don't see a value as other's have stated above.

Today, .biz is not as big as it was back in the day, but it used to be that any great term was gone in com/net/org so biz was the next tld you developed in.

I think we use only one .biz today and it has made millions over the years.

But we do have some .biz on ice for major cpc terms in law and medical.

I don't think we will develop them since .biz is not needed and we have solid .com's or net's with the same terms now.

Last edited:
•••
Well, with the right keyword, even if you wont be rich in one day, these .biz names are sellable. At the end of the day, i definitely prefer such domains, much more than the risky ngtld's. For example, fish.biz it's 4 letters but it has been sold for low $xxx (around $100). Not much, but it is a start.

Back to the OP if the term is a new company then TM issue or if a new industry term maybe minor bucks, but I don't see 4 L's being in demand outside of maybe .com unless it means something.

Now some think 2 to 4 L's are money in any tld, I'm not one, as to your example fish.biz that was a nice catch and should of went to any fish supplier for low 4x in .biz so to fast flip it for low xxx was a fast buck but a blown opportunity fish.com big bucks net and biz it was a strong food term.
.co is a ccTLD and most other tld's would be too long that might have made sense for it so net and .biz were the best tld's for that food term IMO and both the net and biz should sell for low 4x with the .com being an easy mid 5x to low 6x asset.

•••
I'd take industrykeyword.biz over most of the new tld's but .com is kind, then net then biz

Just my order of preference

Not a big fan of the new tld's but some are making minor sales in them

.com is the king though always was and always will be for the foreseeable future

•••
•••
•••
So have you bought it as 4L domain name in .biz? Or is there any other special reason for that?

Dedo.com is not developed.. from where is this USD 60 000 figure?

I personally do not feel lot of value in DEDO.biz ..

Last edited:
•••
•••
Your problem is not the extension. The real problem with this is that it is not a name of a product or other real common word. In this case, .biz could work nice.

•••
Thanks for the reply kite26,
I would like to clarify the meaning of dedo what is actually
Latin Meaning: The name Dedo is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Dedo is: The Lord's.

•••
Meaning for me is (DE)als on (DO)main.

•••
Thanks for the reply kite26,
I would like to clarify the meaning of dedo what is actually
Latin Meaning: The name Dedo is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Dedo is: The Lord's.
No, .biz needs a common word, like a popular animal, popular country name, name of a product, other common words, or just to have 2 letter keyword to work. Take a look on namebio.com on .biz extension and you will understand.

•••
@lolwarrior i just checked estibot for dedo.biz
PRICE IT SHOWS $240
I am not able to attach the link
sorry for this

•••
@lolwarrior i just checked estibot for dedo.biz
PRICE IT SHOWS $240
I am not able to attach the link
sorry for this
Don't use estibot. Just think that a word that means finger on portugal, without the .pt extension is meaningless. Why someone must buy this one?

It is 4 letters? He can easily find other 4 letter .biz names
He can build a website to sell a product? No
These things must be your ''estibot'' from now.

Last edited:
•••
I don't know much can u please tell me what id .pt extenstion

•••
I am not domain seller, Its like my hobby now since few weeks.
When i saw few listings on flippa and flippa biddings on domain.
i remember few years back i bought .us domain form namecheap for just $0.25 offer as my account balance was nearly 0.70 which was no use.
I placed that domain for sale and amount was $20. After next day it was sold and i receive the 17-18 $ in my account balance. The day i remember and enter this business just to try.
Almost 8-10 domain i have buy without prior knowledge about.
When i come to know that flippa user check estibot first and decide the bidding amount and bid if they like the domain.
I check my domain list and the price was big zero.
I hope i will learn so many things from NP forum.
Thanks to all NP friends for replying.

•••
Whatever. The fact remains that the .biz extension is amateur hour. The other fact is that when someone has a professional website or holds themselves out as a professional, if the only way you can reach them is by yahoo or gmail or other generic email address, it takes away from it. You have no idea what you are talking about. How many UDRP's have their EVER been for a .biz name? Get real. The extension is for bottom of the barrel, fly by night, amateurish enterprises.

•••
Irrelevant, even the .com actually sells at the listed price. Comparing apples to oranges.
You need to do more research. Simply put, you will struggle to sell names in that extension.
i cannot see dedo.com is available. In my currency it shows 360000 inr = $53000+ on godaddy domain search

•••
Yes! Your domain is available. Buy it before someone else does.

dedo.com premium
Buy Now price ₨ 36,91,275.17*

•••
Whatever. The fact remains that the .biz extension is amateur hour. The other fact is that when someone has a professional website or holds themselves out as a professional, if the only way you can reach them is by yahoo or gmail or other generic email address, it takes away from it. You have no idea what you are talking about. How many UDRP's have their EVER been for a .biz name? Get real. The extension is for bottom of the barrel, fly by night, amateurish enterprises.

Back in the day .biz was a solid tld, before you had all the new tld's, we developed almost 10 years ago a company that made a ton of money, it's not amateur hour, but today I would not do any .biz development since we have two brands, 1 and 247, yet that company name is a major term in internet marketing and neither would fit the term.

Now that term we have used as a prefix with niches in IM, but the root phrase is huge, so .com/net/org were long gone even 10 years ago so we probably bought the .biz for low xxxx

Today, it's our corporate identity and hub and we have lots of sites using the term with post position keywords.

Anyway, you're hijacking the thread by bashing the whole tld saying it's a joke and while today it may not be the first choice for development, it sure was 10 years ago, so how long have you been playing in domains and development to have such disrespect for what used to be the top tld outside of com and net, it was even preferred over org.

Again if you actually dealt with lawyers and doctors in volume or owners or almost any business today, you would see how almost 80% use GMAIL, so your comments are not based in reality, gmail is part of how lots of small companies and professionals get their email today.

Does .biz today have a huge value? Not really, it used to have a nice strong value but now with thousands of tld's it's yawn, passe.

Is it better than say .co? It sure is, and we have a corporate site using .co and .us as well as a bunch of .com's with our company name and around 12 industries we are in.

We never bothered with .biz for our root company name but if it dropped I sure would register it.

So 10 years ago we paid low xxxx for a .biz that made millions and today I use the email on it all the time, the site has a ton of development and for that aspect of our company I wouldn't change a thing.

Anyway, to totally dish the .biz tld shows a very short experience curve in domains IMO, there was a lot of money made in that tld and some companies still use the tld.

Now you can sit here and say oh .com or net is better, it sure is, can you operate a profit on .org, you can but that looks wrong to many. .biz is the 3rd best tld for a company, unless you have an industry tld to use.

So even today, I would recommend .biz to some companies if they can't buy the com/net or there is no industry tld or if their industry tld is just too long.

You really like .company it's a 7 letter tld, way too long when you got 2 and 3 character tlds.

You like .marketing it's 9 characters LOL

So you're a company that does marketing, and your name is the main term in marketing today, so the com and net were long gone, even today I would register or buy the .biz over .company or .marketing for one reason, it is branded as short for business, and it's only 3 characters.

For someone to be jumping up and down trashing .biz with a grand total of 25 posts, is actually kind of funny. LOL

•••
Relax all. He is new member. As being new, it's common to overvalue domains. I don't really find something ''funny'' or ''hilarious''. Keep reading and learning here on NP, say yourself ''i don't know anything'' and start from zero. I think it is a safe way.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back