Dynadot

auctions Deal or No Deal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Not April fools but who would pay more than the cost to own the string for one domain 1.xyz ($182k) and as we know here VIP.xyz is suspicious, as no changes have been made to the whois after it sold for 50,000usd 2 weeks ago and now its showing as a $33k sale but no whois changes? All from sold.domains - Feels like pump and dump and sold.domains is losing all credibility. Anyone got any info to shed light on these sales or non sales at West.cn last month? Daniel Negari would know but I bet the lot he will not share.
On the face of it they all look fake 1.xyz is still owned by the registry. Great marketing for the registry but awful for domainers #foolsgold

1.xyz 182,971
66.xyz 65,901
51.xyz 46,518
11.xyz 43,107
ym.xyz 39,695
98.xyz 35,974
hk.xyz 34733
vip.xyz 33,183
35.xyz 31,012
52.xyz 24,499
fw.xyz 23,569
dp.xyz 23,259
hx.xyz 19,227
zt.xyz 14,421
ck.xyz 14,266
163.xyz 12,715
126.xyz 9,304
hot.xyz 8,218

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is a crazy industry, and a lot of money being wasted even discarding bogus transactions.
Domainers should donate to charities.

•••
This is a crazy industry, and a lot of money being wasted even discarding bogus transactions.
Domainers should donate to charities.
I know, it just doesn't make any logical sense could be a pure marking play aimed directly at gullible domainers, its starting to smell in the new gTLDs house.
Daniel is really smart and hes done great for himself but he is amoral like all successful businesses.

•••
Something very funny going on with those domains.
Scam sales for sure.

Plus I like how .xyz is using XYZ.COM even though they forward the .com to .xyz , they still feel the need to own the xyz.com

914947b8f345e29.png
@gen.xyz is the email for all of those domains. Fakes sales don't build confidence.

•••
Something very funny going on with those domains.
Scam sales for sure.

Plus I like how .xyz is using XYZ.COM even though they forward the .com to .xyz , they still feel the need to own the xyz.com

914947b8f345e29.png
@gen.xyz is the email for all of those domains. Fakes sales don't build confidence.
Its PR at its worse but most effective in the short run. When these new gTLDs are dropped by the millions the crash will be heard across the Pacific.
Just dont like domainers being treated so dis-respectively, had alot of that these last few years, one scam after another.

•••
I wish someone from the registry would speak out on these bizarre sales. If the sales are legit, I wouldn't mind hearing the buyers' reasoning. I guess the rest of us can rest assured knowing we wouldn't spend that type of money if we had the option on a .xyz, other investors with deep pockets only adds money to our industry.

•••
Chinese has invested in dot xyz.
I have checked 2L premium .xyz domains (se and lv) were registered.(I don't remember another two. This is not auction). Ads, 3L premium domain, was registererd lately from godday.
I think this is not fake.

•••
We will see if they transfer as auction closed only 3 days ago. Just to easy for an agreement between registry registrar and collusion with bidders or Daniel bidding through a proxy to make it a PR stunt. The only way to verify is seeing end users putting them to use or a known domainer explaining why it's a good investment.
Just doesn't make sense and were left in the dark. Avoid risk is to high.

•••
I wonder what happens. It's proved after months or year.

•••
............The only way to verify is seeing end users putting them to use or a known domainer explaining why it's a good investment.
Just doesn't make sense and were left in the dark. Avoid risk is to high.

Same thought here, the cookies will crumble except the watchers see the value in its use, this is the menace of most new tlds, Most have become a collectible/property and not items put to use, this is really really bad for the market as the price will rarely go up after the initial jamborees. Some registrars and some shrewd investors who are the chief conveners of this Jamborees, remains the ultimate benefactors while the gullible domainer remains the victim, as she/he scampers up and down to acquire similar domains or tlds, only to discover that, it is not worth 1/100th of the initial face value and therefore almost worthless and wanting in profit.

•••
Chinese has invested in dot xyz.
I have checked 2L premium .xyz domains (se and lv) were registered.(I don't remember another two. This is not auction). Ads, 3L premium domain, was registererd lately from godday.
I think this is not fake.

The chinese invested in them because they were $1 to reg for a while.

With the premiums listed above there is something weird going on.

Were these all sold during the same auction? If they were just sold then it might take some time for whois to update.

•••
Only premium .xyz names will survive and others will drop thats my opinion.

•••
The chinese invested in them because they were $1 to reg for a while.

With the premiums listed above there is something weird going on.

Were these all sold during the same auction? If they were just sold then it might take some time for whois to update.
Same auction - wait 14days and lets see what happens to the whois

•••
Only premium .xyz names will survive and others will drop thats my opinion.

So all those $1 reg's will be worth $1 if lucky. Yep, most will be.

•••
I read somewhere that Daniel made an open offer to buy google for ~$4t. If this is true then I'd question if he has control chinese usd reserves or is always pump and dumping.

•••
I read somewhere that Daniel made an open offer to buy google for ~$4t. If this is true then I'd question if he has control chinese usd reserves or is always pump and dumping.
just a great marketer, he leaves all the other Registry(s) in his wake and they are now playing catch up, employing the same tactics.

•••
Seems rather fishy to me, very very fishy.

Let hope over the next few months some light is shed on wtf is going on there. Seems registrar's are getting less and less credible as the days go by.

•••
Update:
9.xyz, reported sold in Dec 2015 for over 175k USD, is registered to a “cui kai” in China, a domainer whose email is associated to over 12,000 names, many of which are .xyz. The domain redirects to xyz Registry site;
6.xyz, allegedly sold for 125k in Nov 2015, is registered to a “Bowen Liu”, based in Ontario and doesn’t resolve. This is a domain investor, his email is associated to approx 19,000 domains;
8.xyz, allegedly sold for over 81k USD in Sept 2015, is registered to a “zhang peng fei” in China, definitely a domain investor, his email is associated to nearly 20,000 domains; 888.xyz, allegedly sold for 70k USD in Jan 2016, is again registered to the same “Kai Cui”/”cui kai” as above (same phone number and email);
xx.xyz, allegedly reported as sold for over 59k USD in Dec 2015, as of today has no Whois, which means it’s not even registered, doesn’t resolve;
yy.xyz, allegedly sold for over 38k USD in Dec 2015, is registered to a “shi ming” in China, another domainer, but redirects to the xyz Registry site.
22.xyz, allegedly sold for over 26k USD in Dec 2015, is registered to a “lin qing ming” in China, another domain investor who owns over 8,000 names, the majority of which are xyz. The domain redirects to the xyz Registry site again.
ZZ.xyz, allegedly sold for over 17k USD in Dec 2015, is owned again by the same “cui kai” above, whose portfolio is full of .xyz names. Again, the domain redirects to xyz Registry site.
87.xyz, allegedly sold for over 15k USD in Dec 2015, has no Whois, doesn’t resolve.
I’ve checked all the “highly-priced” names listed here as sold at auction: all of them have the same Registrant, the Registry, aka XYZ.com, LLC …

Please note that all those names are defined by the Registry as “Variably priced premiums”, with an annual renewal fee of 55,000 USD or 13,000 USD for the 2 characters …

I think that the majority, if not all, of those transactions are fake, totally fabricated, no money has ever changed hands, if we exclude that paid to the partners and “participants” in this pathetic sham and large-scale manipulation to pump up and create the hype, including some Chinese “nominees” and other “friends” …

On a different note, I let you guess by yourself how xyz has reached 2.7 mln registrations, 71% of which are parked (according to Ntldstats.com) … check the names of the main Registrars and probably you’ll have a first answer … not a surprise to me the fact that GoDaddy is just at 2% and NetSol has basically disappeared … a few words to the wise …
As I said, just facts. Make your own conclusions

•••

Bro, tell me you aren't serious...

•••
•••
•••
Redirects back to the xyz registry hmmmm....
I wonder what the ocean smelled like before xyz swam in it?

•••
We must wait dot xyz baby to run.

•••
There's a thread about it here too. Ppl were saying it's a joke, but who makes this stuff up?!

The author, Theo, makes it up.

I just don't understand how anyone in their right mind would think one single person has over $4 trillion. Even the richest family in the entire world has not accumulated $1 trillion. Not to mention that Google isn't worth $4+ trillion.

•••
The author, Theo, makes it up.

I just don't understand how anyone in their right mind would think one single person has over $4 trillion. Even the richest family in the entire world has not accumulated $1 trillion. Not to mention that Google isn't worth $4+ trillion.

LOL I know it's not worth 4t and he can't really offer that...why would someone write that then? There is so much underhanded stuff that nothing would surprise me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back