Dynadot

question-answered Dan VS Afternic Price Request Landers

NameSilo
Watch

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
I tried NS3/NS4 Afternic price request landers for just under a month and had over 30 leads come through. About 70% of the leads stalled, 1 shows qualifying since over a week ago and the rest are confused.

I changed my nameservers to point to DAN and currently using the price request landers on there. 0 leads have come through in the past week.

Which landers do you have the most success with?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I tried NS3/NS4 Afternic price request landers for just under a month and had over 30 leads come through. About 70% of the leads stalled, 1 shows qualifying since over a week ago and the rest are confused.

I changed my nameservers to point to DAN and currently using the price request landers on there. 0 leads have come through in the past week.

Which landers do you have the most success with?

The problem with Dan's landers is that they are covering important part of the page with a cookie banner

•••
I just got a domain sold through DAN, but buyer proceed through Afternic Network. The power of Godaddy, DAN, Uniregistry, and Afternic are they are under one company and have a huge marketing networks. So not important the landers you choose, the more important thing is your domain offered in their marketing networks.

Last edited:
•••
If you changed your lander to a contact form with no captcha, you will get about a million "leads" a month, with captcha about 50 leads a month, and you will figure out the afternic lead mystery.

Almost all afternic leads fall into one of the following categories :

1. Contact form spam bots: These bots will try submitting every form they come across even without a message box and for afternic, this is a lead.

2. People that do not read, they see a form and they submit it. Maybe your domain was once an active site, maybe it is a typein name. As an example, your domain was once owned by someone offering plumbing help. Someone is standing next a toilet that is flooding their home, they are not reading, they end up at your domain, see a form and think submitting it will get them a plumber. They are "confused" when the broker reaches out to them. The broker wants to talk to them about domains, but they are busy trying to get their toilet fixed. Please don't ask me why people don't read. There are people still sending money to scammers that emails them.

With Dan, spam form submitters don't work because of what it takes to submit an offer.

GoDaddy can put a stop to all these form spammers that cause all of us to see these worthless leads. However, if your business is based on getting people to renew names, you want them to see as many offers possible so you keep renewing those names. I am not accusing them of doing this on purpose, however, it makes no sense why they would not stop the spammers, it must be hurting their brokers time too and also must be frustrating.

If out of 100 leads, 10 are real (buyer indicates price too high, back and forth communication between broker and buyer etc.) you are doing really good.

•••
If you changed your lander to a contact form with no captcha, you will get about a million "leads" a month, with captcha about 50 leads a month, and you will figure out the afternic lead mystery.

Almost all afternic leads fall into one of the following categories :

1. Contact form spam bots: These bots will try submitting every form they come across even without a message box and for afternic, this is a lead.

2. People that do not read, they see a form and they submit it. Maybe your domain was once an active site, maybe it is a typein name. As an example, your domain was once owned by someone offering plumbing help. Someone is standing next a toilet that is flooding their home, they are not reading, they end up at your domain, see a form and think submitting it will get them a plumber. They are "confused" when the broker reaches out to them. The broker wants to talk to them about domains, but they are busy trying to get their toilet fixed. Please don't ask me why people don't read. There are people still sending money to scammers that emails them.

With Dan, spam form submitters don't work because of what it takes to submit an offer.

GoDaddy can put a stop to all these form spammers that cause all of us to see these worthless leads. However, if your business is based on getting people to renew names, you want them to see as many offers possible so you keep renewing those names. I am not accusing them of doing this on purpose, however, it makes no sense why they would not stop the spammers, it must be hurting their brokers time too and also must be frustrating.

If out of 100 leads, 10 are real (buyer indicates price too high, back and forth communication between broker and buyer etc.) you are doing really good.

Hi,

What landing page are you using?

Thanks

•••
•••
now Dan, only downside of those landers is no phone number
Yes. Dan needs to have the support numbers like afternic has. OR afternic needs to have the sleek look of Dan landers.

•••
So not important the landers you choose

Landers are super important!

End users make decisions based on what they see when they visit the domain. That's why first impression and persuasiveness are very critical in commercial processes.

I recommend you read about brand awareness, consumer habits, and UI/UX details.

•••
Landers are super important!

End users make decisions based on what they see when they visit the domain. That's why first impression and persuasiveness are very critical in commercial processes.

I recommend you read about brand awareness, consumer habits, and UI/UX details.

You can say what you want. At least I am not only one who think like this.

https://nametalent.com/2018/12/your-own-landers-or-marketplace/

This is one of most Popular domainer in Namepross, and what he says in his article :

Of course you don’t need to do only one or the other, and may well want to try out both options to see which works better for you. That is what I do personally, hosting a few domains myself, but using Undeveloped and registrar marketplaces for the majority of my portfolio.

An I am sure the power of marketplace is the network, not only the lander. And their landers have been designed by expert in domaining. All are the best.

I am not saying lander is not important, but it is not worthy to argue which marletplace landers like Sedo, Dan, Afternic are the best. All are the best, and the power is not from lander, but from marketing network

Last edited:
•••
I am not saying lander is not important
So not important the landers you choose

That's exactly what you said.

An I am sure the power of marketplace is the network, not only the lander.

Fast transfer networks are a critical point indeed. However, since this system operates behind closed doors and is managed based on the individual decisions of domain markets and registrars, it is not a sufficient sales channel on its own.

Many end users I have observed try to access the domain name they are considering purchasing by typing it directly into the address bar or search engine. Very few were aware of popular registrars and how domain names worked.

And their landers have been designed by expert in domaining.

If this is said for DAN lander, the fact that their UI/UX is better than other landers does not have much of an advantage in terms of decision-making.

While the GoDaddy & Afternic has 25 years of recognition and authority in the industry, DAN is a new brand that is only a few years old and has never been heard of by the majority of end users.

•••
That's exactly what you said.

Fast transfer networks are a critical point indeed. However, since this system operates behind closed doors and is managed based on the individual decisions of domain markets and registrars, it is not a sufficient sales channel on its own.

Many end users I have observed try to access the domain name they are considering purchasing by typing it directly into the address bar or search engine. Very few were aware of popular registrars and how domain names worked.

If this is said for DAN lander, the fact that their UI/UX is better than other landers does not have much of an advantage in terms of decision-making.

While the GoDaddy & Afternic has 25 years of recognition and authority in the industry, DAN is a new brand that is only a few years old and has never been heard of by the majority of end users.
So what landers have you had the most success with?

•••
•••
I think you are wrong here. AN said that when someone fills out a form, the system double checks if they want to buy the domain by asking them.

•••
I think you are wrong here. AN said that when someone fills out a form, the system double checks if they want to buy the domain by asking them.
yes, they do at least on ns3-4 on a separate page, they make the person click to confirm. My point was, that even in those situations, you will have people that just click away, this is why I wrote "Please don't ask me why people don't read. There are people still sending money to scammers that emails them."

•••
now Dan, only downside of those landers is no phone number
Hello ! Do you list your domains on Dan or only using the DAN buy it now landing page on Afternic ? and what name servers do you use ? thanks :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back