NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DaaZ

CRM manager @ DaaZ.comUpgraded Member
Impact
DaaZ.com is a premium domain names marketplace owned by DaaZ Limited, London (UK).

Key vision of DaaZ.com is helping buyers and sellers to transact with each other in a trusted way.

DaaZ.com key focus is end user focused sales and we have been operational since August 2019 and we have made a quite good progress and supported few thousands buyers buying domains via DaaZ and also having around 800+ sellers offering their inventory for sale. We have registered buyer base of 4000+ buyers.

It may not be lot in terms of numbers, we are the youngest marketplace (without any registrar presence). We have made a good reputation and able to build the traction.

How we are different ?

We may not be too different at moment, we are sharing what we believe is our core offerings:
  • We have developed a platform which is having a very good buyers interface, specially helping wholesale or repeated buyers securing domain names.
  • We allow the listings for free, it's open for all sellers (aka domainers) and support 1400+ domain extensions
  • Sellers can run any time auctions. This feature help for regular cash-flow needed by the sellers. (Disclaimer: At present very few end users participate into these auctions, mostly domainers / resellers winning the names )
  • Lowest Success Fee: Our success fee is 8% (with chargeback protection included) is the lowest in the industry offered by any domain name marketplace.
  • We pay to the sellers via PayPal / Wire transfers. No PayPal withdrawal or pay-out fees, all fees covered by DaaZ with in 8% success fee (In short, no indirect fees)
  • We offer live chat support round the clock (Although we are not officially 24/7, we are offering near 24/7 support). We look after our buyers and sellers with great attention.
  • We love automation of the processes; however we do believe the human interaction with the buyers makes a lot of difference. So, we automated what we believe is required to automate and we kept those human interactions with the buyers or sellers where we believe is required to be in place
We are open to listening to our buyers and sellers and improve the platform every month. We are making two improvement releases a month to fix the product related issues and also bringing new features.

We believe our customers are our gods and we help them in all possible means we can. That's clearly reflecting in our customer reviews, we are proud to share we are a new market place however according to Trustpilot we have secured the highest customer trust among all domain name market places in 2020 with 4.9 trust rating : https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/daaz.com

What we believe we need to improve ?

We believe a platform will be never perfect and has to continue to listen to our customers and deliver a platform of their choice. So, we have a clear outlined process to receive the feedback and handle the product improvements effectively
  • We are relatively a young platform, so we have a lot of room to improve on number of features and catch-up, we are addressing the backlog with a lot of passion
  • We are aware that we need to bring the installment plan, rent to own features, also a powerful API to help the bulk sellers. We have clearly these features in our product road-map for 2021.
  • We have a lot more innovative ideas not attempted by any other marketplace, we are focusing to address the industry standard offerings first before moving on delivering these innovative ideas to help the domain investors / sellers
  • We also record every suggestion given by our buyers and sellers, we analyse the feedback, and all the appropriate feedback is getting added to backlog
  • Our road-map is ready for next 5 years and we will do everything possible to help to improve the standards of domain name marketplace
We love to listen to the NamePros community hence we are setting up this Official thread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
@DaaZ

Can the buyers pay with cryptos? I don't see the option on the landing page

Not yet moment, we will certainly introduce crypto payments acceptance in 2024.

•••
@DaaZ

Also, I'm using the simple theme and there are logos for payments (image below) but I see that you also accept After Pay, Clearpay and Klarma so please add those logos to the landing page too

Thanks

Show attachment 250682
Yes, we accept 22 different payment methods at moment.
You can see the full list of possible options: https://daaz.com/payment-options

We have added few popular images , adding all options make the size of the image grow bigger. I will certainly pass your feedback to our product team , we will certainly discuss as a TEAM and introduce any changes required. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, and we will take it seriously.

We have also added the payment methods page in the text and also as an info icon. ( Please see the further details in the screenshot mentioned below )

1703233136147.png

•••
Hi @DaaZ

More feedback for you to consider

1- Better don't add decimals to offers/counter offers as they make look the counter offers as bigger numbers

Thanks!
It would be great if you can elaborate where the decimals are showing. It help me to get this fixed ASAP.

•••
That's great to know. It's still unclear whether some marketplaces do have an ISP ban in India. Since you clearly don't, that gives you an advantage if others are constrained.

And are there now any plans to introduce ownership verification upfront for listings?
Thanks. We have the tech ready to enforce upfront verification. DaaZ inventory is still below 1 million names , we are trying to be keep it easy to onboard ( transition will be less cumbersome). Certainly we will enforce the upfront ownership verification for all new listings in the future, we will announce that in the right time.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. We have the tech ready to enforce upfront verification. DaaZ inventory is still below 1 million names , we are trying to be keep it easy to onboard ( transition will be less cumbersome). Certainly we will enforce the upfront ownership verification for all new listings in the future, we will announce that in the right time.
Great! As more potential domain buyers compare marketplaces, verified domain listings may be an important factor. This week, I saw a very unflattering TrustPilot review for a marketplace where the would be buyer purchased a domain, but the sale didn't go through. Upfront AND ongoing verifications may help miminize such instances.

Note, by the way, that I really appreciated your fast customer service, dealing with the few unauthorized listings that I had found. Daaz, by far, has been provided the quickest response to removing listings from rogue sellers. Thanks.

Finally, let me share that the one major barrier to listing has been the need for explicit instructions to put verification txt in. For myself, though, I will say that I had no problem and no need ultimately for this. For at least the one markeplace mandating upfront verification, taking privacy off temporarily was adequate. Granted, it works fine for a small portfolio. Perhaps a script is needed that would enable those with large portfolios be verified that way?

•••
If you could implement this simple suggestion, I would start pointing DNS to DaaZ. When I outbound market, I always include my logo. To have the same logo show up on the landing page would provide evidence of legitimacy to the offer.

Anyway, seems it would be a simple implementation. Thanks (again). I'll be there when this small feature is.

Also, it would be a LOT nicer (less annoying) if you would not open your chat by default. Everyone knows what that is by now. Shouldnt have to close it every time you log in, etc.
Thank you for the feedback. Certainly we have added your feedback to our backlog.
We will notify you once the same is addressed by our team.

•••
Much nicer, thanks.

Another wrinkle: In Portfolio Management View / Filter by, the Category list is in alphabetical order, but unfortunately that list is not alphabetized on Edit Domain Details page(s).
Thank you, we will improve this one too. Thanks for reporting to us.

•••
For Domain Sellers from the U.S. using your marketplace, do they generally use Wise or Paypal international to receive funds from a sale? Other venues?

•••
Please forgive me if this is a simplistic question, but for US customers, do they have to use Paypal International, and incur those additional fees, or is there a US Daaz Paypal account that avoids those additional charges?
to DaaZ UK PayPal account, yes there is a 3% extra amount for those processing via Paypal, this is applicable to all buyers ( Not specific to US alone ).

Last edited:
•••
to DaaZ UK PayPal account, yes there is a 3% extra amount for those processing via Paypal, this is applicable to all buyers ( Not specific to US alone ).
Thanks for clarifying that. It's nice to know that US customers can accept payment via Paypal, but with only an additional 3% international charge from them.

And, nowadays, generally how quickly are payouts being made to the domain seller?

Last edited:
•••
Is the minimum success fee still only $5 USD?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for chiming in and sharing your experience.

We seem to be talking about two different issues. When Daaz provides the "lead" AND a sale, they have a 5% commission with a $5 minimum. When you provide the lead, Dan apparently does the transaction for 5%.

One simple question here. What is the minimum transaction fee with Dan?

tnx. so its same fee on both. good to know cause I once heard 2% somewhere with Daaz.... as for min..
I think 100usd. however to me it's no issue.
but to some it can be.

p.s. do they charge seller to get paypal payout or its mass payment like dan?

Last edited:
•••
do they charge seller to get paypal payout or its mass payment like dan?
Yes US buyers can pay using their PayPal ( with 3% processing fee ) and also US sellers can ask for PayPal payout without any extra charges up to 2000 USD per payout.
Note though that they also accept Wise, which might be a lower cost option.

I'd be deligted to hear, even by PM, whether someone in the U.S. received a payout from Daaz using these or alternative options-- and how it went.

One consideration nowadays for Daaz is whether their sellers could use a service like Wise, to allow payment by the buyer in any of their supported currencies on their marketplace. Is it possible that their listings currently in specific currency might be a barrier to sales? Has anyone on NP not purchased a domain there due to being listed in a non-preferred currency?

Last edited:
•••
Please don't change, you're good the way you are. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back