IT.COM

D0MAIN.COM is for SALE!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

navpros

Geaux Tigahs!Account Closed
Impact
D(ZERO)MAIN.com

I noticed that the above mentioned name d0main.com (D(zero)main.com) was registered and was wondering if there is any advantage with search engines of owning a typo such as that? I mean I know I WILL NEVER accidentally type in D0MAIN.COM by mistake. What are your opinions on this and could there be TM issues here also???

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice reg lol, i dont know about a tm issue?

•••
Thanks for the reply goldy. Actually, I registered d0mainname.com, net, and org but really not sure if I can do anything with them or not. I was just curious if the search engines would rank them high with a (zero) in there. I guess I am hoping that the ]SE'S would look at the "0" and perhaps mistake it for an "o" and boost rank when someone types in the actual "domain name" phrase. Am I making sense here? LOL. Also thought it might be good for google adwords campaign. This is misleading I know, so maybe I could reference the "zero" somewhere in my LOGO and use a clever slogan such as "D0MAINNAME.COM - It's not DOUGH it's ZERO. Corny I know but I fiddled with google ad campaign a bit and you CANNOT tell the difference between the zero or the letter "o" when running the ad in all caps. Of course, noone should freak out. I am not doing it yet, that's why I'm wanting opinions. The last thing I want to do is cause TM probs.

•••
I dont think there is any trademark issues here:
What does everyone else think?

•••
Originally posted by identity_00
I dont think there is any trademark issues here:
What does everyone else think?

Yeah? Thanks for the reply. I have asked an attorney that I work with and he basically said "As I do not have much experience in that side of the legal field, I wouldn't know a definate answer without first researching it, but I would think it to be rather difficult to TM a name that is in direct relation to this industry." A name such as domain or domain name is what he was referring to.

That wasn't the answer I'd hoped for so decided the best place to check on this would be right here at NAMEPROS!! Thanks in advance for any other replies. I will check back later tonight but right now must attend to my daughter.

DD

•••
From d0main.com:

Under Construction...

I don't think there are TM issues because they haven't actually began any branding activity.

Good luck!

•••
Ahh. Most excellent. Thanks my firends!

•••
There is zero advantage in owning a typo domain with numbers instead of letters. Computers, unlike people, won't mistake a 0 for an O. If the only reason you are registering a name is for search engines, better off going with a dashed .org domain, regardless of length. (ie: domain-name-registration-services.org)

•••
I see. Thanks RJ! Appreciate the tip!

DD

•••
visual cue domains really don't have much use unless they give you a unique sort of brand (h2o, game4life, etc). Or alternatively if you want to move to indonesia or russia and run some elaborate scam. i.e. paypa1.com was used steal hundreds of login accounts and wire the money off to russia :P

•••
Could paypal just closed the account with the large amount of money.

?

•••
mostly likely a typo, the letter O and number 0 is just on top of the other

•••
and the 0 is a bit closer to the letter:

DOMAIN,D0MAIN
domain,d0main

•••
I reg'd Domayns.com a while back. The y & i are in close proximity and the name still sounds right phonetically.

•••
>>Could paypal just closed the account with the large amount of money?<<

Yes but there wasn't just 1 big account, more likely many small ones forwarded all over the place as well as goods purchased off of maxed out CCs and paypal accounts that were shipped and then resold. Couple that with detecting which accounts were hacked before it was too late and the money already long gone. I had someone file a paypal chargeback 1.5 months after a sale because their account was "hacked" and apparently they didn't notice.

•••
Okay
that seems obvious.
Hope it doesn't happen to be.

•••
????

Yes they can do that, what does that have to do with this thread?

•••
Originally posted by g0ldy
????

Yes they can do that, what does that have to do with this thread?

Haha. I believe with everyone's replies I have the answer I was looking for. Thanks all.

DD

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back