Dynadot

domain D e s r t s.com A Couple of Domains - Interested in learning about price and pricing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

iAchilles

Top Member
Impact
This is my first appraisal thread so go easy on me please. I'm interested in learning the value of these domains (assuming there's any!). I'm not that interested in the intrinsic value as much as I'm interested in learning how to price domains with and without age, pr, backlinks etc

Both .Coms

• F i l eS h a r e S o f t w a r e
Straight forward exact match domain

Registered 2004
PR: 2
Trust Flow 12 Citation Flow 25
Modest backlink profile, a platform to build on

I can see myself developing this as it's something I'd have an interest in, I've worked in software and games testing before. There's lots of options on the table for monetizing this route.

CPC data and search volume

Average Monthly Search Stats - Broad Match - file share software
Monthly Searches:1,073
Cost Per Click:$2.13 USD
Ad Competition:high
Data Age:Recent

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match - [file share software]
Monthly Searches:317
Cost Per Click:$2.13 USD

Average Monthly Search Stats - Broad Match - file share software
Monthly Searches:12,078
Cost Per Click:$11.28 USD

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match - [file share software]
Monthly Searches:256
Cost Per Click:$14.49 USD

So my question is, how do we evaluate the various metrics of age, cpc, search volume, backlink profile and pr (largely redundant) and then come up with a price?

• D e s r t s
Brandable 6 letter domain I see suitable for end users of stores, bakeries, cafes, blogs, recipe portals, food related, suitable for desert orientated travel also.

Registered 2007, Created 2015, (deleted domain)

PR 0
No backlink or Majestic metrics, never developed

Search Volume and CPC:

Average Monthly Search Stats - Broad Match - desrts
Monthly Searches: 2,928
Cost Per Click: $0.66 USD
Ad Competition: low
Data Age: Recent

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match - [desrts]
Monthly Searches: 719
Cost Per Click: $0.66 USD

Average Monthly Search Stats - Broad Match - desrts
Monthly Searches: 12,078
Cost Per Click: $1.14 USD

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match - [desrts]
Monthly Searches: 256
Cost Per Click: $0.10 USD

I realise that unless the desrts franchise opens up shop tomorrow, I won't be making bank with this domain. My the most likely sale will be to an end user I feel. So this one is brandable, has some search volume and no age, pr or backlinks. How would this differ to gauge a price, I assume we should probably aiming for the kind of budget an average business owner would have to spend on a domain, a couple of hundred I'm guessing (being optmistic). If you guys feel it's not worth anything, another which is quite similar - F I T S C, more or less the same story only it applies to fitness obviously.

TLDR

What are they worth? :D

I realise that value differ dramatically with different metrics, I'm just looking for some insight on how to start pricing all this data, any help and pointers is hugely appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
that brand-not-able is worth nothing, as intentional misspells are the worst

those data sellers sure do know how to confuse newbs with frivolous terms
cuz, i'm asking myself....wtf is trust flow and citation flow and how is that shit relevant?

still, if you develop the file name, maybe you can earn a few duckies

Good Luck!

imo....

•••
What biggie said.
If you hand regged these right now?
Grace delete if you can.
If you have had them all these years?
Why?

•••
that brand-not-able is worth nothing, as intentional misspells are the worst

I got a good laugh and I learned something. I thought it might have some loose potential. It's a re-reg at $7.99. I'll try drop if it's not too late!

those data sellers sure do know how to confuse newbs with frivolous terms
cuz, i'm asking myself....wtf is trust flow and citation flow and how is that shit relevant?

I got this one in GD closeouts. It's pr2, registered in 2004 and there was a previous owner operating a site. It has an ok trust and citation flow (majestic) ratio, which is usually a very reliable indicator for a site with a clean backlink profile, it's one of the most difficult metrics to fake. So it has a little bit of value in terms of seo, like I mentioned a platform to build on. The only reason I went for it was the high cpc competition and price, along with the tiny bit of seo authority. So I guess that's the only value here, which isn't a whole lot considering the metrics.

still, if you develop the file name, maybe you can earn a few duckies

It's what I bought it for so I'll whip something up and build on the foundations. What i'm really interested learning is how to value high, medium and low authority domain metrics with good and bad domain names. Even if you have a bad domain name, if it has strong domain authority, this surely has to have some value to certain potential end users.

What biggie said.
If you hand regged these right now?
Grace delete if you can.
If you have had them all these years?
Why?

All answered in my replies to biggie.

Cheers guys, I really appreciate your input.

•••
I got a good laugh and I learned something.
:)

What i'm really interested learning is how to value high, medium and low authority domain metrics with good and bad domain names. Even if you have a bad domain name, if it has strong domain authority, this surely has to have some value to certain potential end users.

don't hold contradictory thoughts, such as a "bad domain" having "strong authority".

a bad domain is a bad domain, period.

you learn how to value domains, by actually buying and selling them.

•••

don't hold contradictory thoughts, such as a "bad domain" having "strong authority".

a bad domain is a bad domain, period.

you learn how to value domains, by actually buying and selling them.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws at this point, but hear me out. Let's say I find z0wedrawzdoodle.com, let's assume the domain has no metrics or age to speak of. We can safely assume this domain has no value, right?

Now let's say I'm going through GD closeouts, I find the same domain with PR5, a formiddable and clean backlink profile, a good trust and citation flow ratio.

Let's say someone had it as their drawing blog before. So we'll probably never sell this domain without the metrics, but with the metrics, this otherwise bad domain, surely has some value to someone?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back