Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

domain Cygnus.com

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tredge

New Member
Impact
4
Considering selling this domain.
Would appreciate an appraisal.
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Mid to high 4 figures end user.
 
0
•••
I agree with slader, if not higher if a company really wanted this domain, a great 6L .COM. I hope you get an 'astronomical' figure! (y):xf.grin:
 
0
•••
5 figure name, in my opinion.

Cygnus.net sold for 7,250, so it is legitimate to expect more.
cygnus.net 7,250 USD 2011-01-26 Sedo

If you are looking for a quick sell, I think you can count on low XXXX.
 
2
•••
You will get 6 figures at least for this domain.

- 'Cygnus' is registered in 38 extensions, a huge amount
- it is part of the domain string of many more domains
- there are dozens of active Trademarks around the world for Cygnus, and many new ones pending - just check the WIPO international database here
- there are abundant companies around the world, from very small to very large, using this name
- stellar name for all kinds of companies, very versatile as it looks sexy, techie, classy, artsy, spiritual, etc. it's a word that makes a definitive statement

To sum up:
Very visually attractive word for almost any kind of company, especially tech, so extremely versatile; huge number of extensions regged, so obviously already very in-demand; huge number of trademarks, which proves the attractiveness of this word as a brand; and most important, a very large pool of very large potential buyer corporations.

If it were fewer and smaller companies using this name, I'd value it in the mid 5 figures; but with the sheer number of trademarks and large corps using this name already, and considering the size/quality of those potential buyers, I have no problem saying you'll get well into the six figures for this one.

I know you're not in danger from other TM holders, as your company Southcomm absorbed this domain (and project) years ago and you have your own TM on it. I assume that Cygnus project has now been let go, so you're considering your options with this domain asset...


Good luck, beautiful domain
 
5
•••
XXXXXX name.
 
0
•••
You will get 6 figures at least for this domain.

- 'Cygnus' is registered in 38 extensions, a huge amount
- it is part of the domain string of many more domains
- there are dozens of active Trademarks around the world for Cygnus, and many new ones pending - just check the WIPO international database here
- there are abundant companies around the world, from very small to very large, using this name
- stellar name for all kinds of companies, very versatile as it looks sexy, techie, classy, artsy, spiritual, etc. it's a word that makes a definitive statement

To sum up:
Very visually attractive word for almost any kind of company, especially tech, so extremely versatile; huge number of extensions regged, so obviously already very in-demand; huge number of trademarks, which proves the attractiveness of this word as a brand; and most important, a very large pool of very large potential buyer corporations.

If it were fewer and smaller companies using this name, I'd value it in the mid 5 figures; but with the sheer number of trademarks and large corps using this name already, and considering the size/quality of those potential buyers, I have no problem saying you'll get well into the six figures for this one.

I know you're not in danger from other TM holders, as your company Southcomm absorbed this domain (and project) years ago and you have your own TM on it. I assume that Cygnus project has now been let go, so you're considering your options with this domain asset...


Good luck, beautiful domain

Great analysis.
 
0
•••
Nice Domain. High xxxxx - xxxxxx
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back