NameSilo

discuss Current LLLL market Situation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We all have seen how the LLLL domains raised in last couple of months and at the moment we all are not sure that what's next going to happen to LLLL domain market.
We just saw it grow almost 4 times in reseller pricing and now i personally feel as the price hike has stopped and stabilizing at this point
I wanted to know your all opinion on uture of LLLL domain market as well as your comment on current market situation

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i personally feel as the price hike has stopped and stabilizing at this point

I don't think it's that way. Go to GD expired auctions to see yourself that there are virtually NO LISTS of LLLLs to buy except for those listed by the owners.

Yes really i am not able to understand...

then probably you should research the industry you are part of a bit better

just won 6 LLLLs.com for around $400.

It all depends on the characters in those names. No aeiouv for that price is a great deal...with them...it might not be.

•••
just won 6 LLLLs.com for around $400.

It all depends on the characters in those names. No aeiouv for that price is a great deal...with them...it might not be.

He just brought 6 domain for 400$ and you say it depends on this and that.. really!!??
I am not saying that's a great buy or he had deal of his life. but he can definitely flip it for more than what he paid right away.

•••
He just brought 6 domain for 400$ and you say it depends on this and that.. really!!??

Yes. Really. He paid 65+$ p/n. How much of a deal he got depends on what letters are in those names.

I sold a 1 premium llll here for 50...I suppose you think the buyer made a great deal. He flipped it for 63 ( or so ) on ebay so if you take their fees off you can see yourself how much profit he made.
All these happened no more than 2 weeks ago.

Do you still think I am talking nonsense? Do your homework

•••
Yes. Really. He paid 65+$ p/n. How much of a deal he got depends on what letters are in those names.

I sold a 1 premium llll here for 50...I suppose you think the buyer made a great deal. He flipped it for 63 ( or so ) on ebay so if you take their fees off you can see yourself how much profit he made.

You sold "premium" for 50$. Please define "premium" (as you always post in most of the wanted section)
50$ went cheap , i dint see that auction, i would have bid higher for sure. your Bad luck buyers luck.
Homework research all is crap when u sell for so much cheap..you did your homework and you got 50$ just too bad

•••
I don't think it's that way. Go to GD expired auctions to see yourself that there are virtually NO LISTS of LLLLs to buy except for those listed by the owners.

then probably you should research the industry you are part of a bit better

well my plan is not to sell them here ( if i sell here my price wont be so cheap) .It is wholesale type of platform i think.

I will try to hold them and develop and will see what happens.
By developing i'llearn the invested money back ;)

Chill out guyz :)

•••
Also i think that if there is vowels (Makes it pronounceable somehow) in 4ls its good for international market if we leave china.

•••
@yogiDomain
First of all relax.
Second : I don't judge you and you are invited to do the same with me.
Third : this
a 1 premium llll

means 1 premium letter LLLL. And it wasn't an auction.
So that you know a 1 premium letter LLLL would have been dropped just a few month ago or it would have sold for 10$ here only with many months left to renewal; so overall I did pretty well.

Also i think that if there is vowels (Makes it pronounceable somehow) in 4ls its good for international market if we leave china.

Yes, sure China is not the only marketplace

•••
@yogiDomain
First of all relax.
Second : I don't judge you and you are invited to do the same with me.
Third : this

means 1 premium letter LLLL. And it wasn't an auction.
So that you know a 1 premium letter LLLL would have been dropped just a few month ago or it would have sold for 10$ here only with many months left to renewal; so overall I did pretty well.

Yes, sure China is not the only marketplace
Ok I am relaxed!! hehe :)
I am out of this

•••
If you want to hop on the 4L Chinese domain craze here is how it works:

Typically the Chinese domain buyers like balance.

With 4L's the LLLL is divided in half like LL | LL.

So the reason why BJXT sold for $5k was that BJ | XT could stand for any business in Beijing (BJ) using the letters XT. SInce X is a very premium letter, and highly used in PinYin it's not a stretch to assume that a business uses the abbreviation XT based in Beijing.

So was it worth $5k, yes... will they sell it for a profit... yes. I've dipped into $5k LLLL's before, not a fan of the profit margins but who know how much anyone will pay at any given time.

Letters not to buy A,E,I,O,U,V... but why?

These letters/sounds typically don't appear in Chinese PinYin; they don't make any words for them. So BVXT no longer makes any sense for a Chinese buyer.

Of course this is NOT the standard for English speaking 4L buying. Typiclaly English speakers love pronounceable or exact match 4L's - like WERK that sounds like WORK which sold for $200k+.

Let's be real with ourselves when we are saying things are 'premium' and 'pronounceable'. Thats why people use CVCV as a purchasing guide, because typically 4L's that are CVCV can be pronounceable within our language.

Now LICQ sounds like Lick, thats a pronounceable brandable domain.

You should also use the mentality that the Chinese buyers use when buying 4L's... what could my 4L say, or be an acronym for?

'Z' and 'X' 4L's could be picked up for cheap a few years ago because in the English language, those letters don't make many good words.

The A,E,I,O,U,V does not apply for English buyers. Which is good because you can pickup 4L.com A,E,I,O,U,V domains on the cheap because people are being told that they are 'bad' - they aren't.

As with all domains, justify your buys with logic. I hope this helps.

•••

So the reason why BJXT sold for $5k was that BJ | XT could stand for any business in Beijing (BJ) using the letters XT. SInce X is a very premium letter, and highly used in PinYin it's not a stretch to assume that a business uses the abbreviation XT based in Beijing.

So was it worth $5k, yes... will they sell it for a profit... yes. I've dipped into $5k LLLL's before, not a fan of the profit margins but who know how much anyone will pay at any given time.

Letters not to buy A,E,I,O,U,V... but why?

These letters/sounds typically don't appear in Chinese PinYin; they don't make any words for them. So BVXT no longer makes any sense for a Chinese buyer.

Of course this is NOT the standard for English speaking 4L buying. Typiclaly English speakers love pronounceable or exact match 4L's - like WERK that sounds like WORK which sold for $200k+.

Let's be real with ourselves when we are saying things are 'premium' and 'pronounceable'. Thats why people use CVCV as a purchasing guide, because typically 4L's that are CVCV can be pronounceable within our language.

Now LICQ sounds like Lick, thats a pronounceable brandable domain.

You should also use the mentality that the Chinese buyers use when buying 4L's... what could my 4L say, or be an acronym for?

'Z' and 'X' 4L's could be picked up for cheap a few years ago because in the English language, those letters don't make many good words.

The A,E,I,O,U,V does not apply for English buyers. Which is good because you can pickup 4L.com A,E,I,O,U,V domains on the cheap because people are being told that they are 'bad' - they aren't.

As with all domains, justify your buys with logic. I hope this helps.
Perfect guide :)

•••
It was just my personal opinion, as I begun to won domain names at lower rates.

•••
It was not the case that people were unaware of chinese market, there were always used to be threads from several namepros member seeking LLLL .com's without a,e,i,o,u,v since the day I have joined this forum. On the very first day I remember that i sold two chinese premium to a fellow namepros member for $50/piece around. The situation was same till few days backsay until april first week and then suddenly the market changed like never before.
I am still searching reasons that what caused this drastic change and random LLLL that were sold for $20-25 in reseller market reached 3 figure mark in just span of 60 days ?
All the answers I am received are not yet convincing for me, but I want to believe that the market will not take a U turn again for LLLL domains as all of you are saying

•••
It was not the case that people were unaware of chinese market, there were always used to be threads from several namepros member seeking LLLL .com's without a,e,i,o,u,v since the day I have joined this forum. On the very first day I remember that i sold two chinese premium to a fellow namepros member for $50/piece around. The situation was same till few days backsay until april first week and then suddenly the market changed like never before.
I am still searching reasons that what caused this drastic change and random LLLL that were sold for $20-25 in reseller market reached 3 figure mark in just span of 60 days ?
All the answers I am received are not yet convincing for me, but I want to believe that the market will not take a U turn again for LLLL domains as all of you are saying

There once was a time before March of last year...

I just sold off about 10 of my non aeiouv 4L's... do you know why?

Because I bought them for $20 in 2013, and the cheapest one I sold was for $300 - im good with that.

Supply, demand, etc... and look at the NNNN trends as well. If you can pick one up for cheap, do so. The only thing that keeps people from an investment is themselves.

Good luck.

•••
Yesterday I got an email from a large domain brokerage firm. One of their offerings was 15 LLLL.com's without aeiouv. Minimum bid for all 15 domains was $17,500. It remains to be seen if they sell. But the fact they're even trying, especially as a lot, tells me prices are still going up.

•••
Yesterday I got an email from a large domain brokerage firm. One of their offerings was 15 LLLL.com's without aeiouv. Minimum bid for all 15 domains was $17,500. It remains to be seen if they sell. But the fact they're even trying, especially as a lot, tells me prices are still going up.
Interesting!

•••
What that tells me is that there will always be greedy SOBs that prey on the uninitiated.

•••

Minimum bid could be 17.5K...Any idea HOW MANY bids are placed?

•••
•••

Soofi is correct. $17.5k was the minimum opening bid / offer. It wasn't bid up to that, and I don't think anyone has yet made an offer at that price.

•••
Soofi is correct. $17.5k was the minimum opening bid / offer. It wasn't bid up to that, and I don't think anyone has yet made an offer at that price.

Cheers Draco. I doubt anyone would ever bid that high from a reseller market ;)

•••
Soofi you are such a downer on the LLLL.com market

•••
•••

I like this, but how are we to know what "magical" two-letter acronyms are prized by Chinese buyers? (List away if you know the best ones...)

•••
I like this, but how are we to know what "magical" two-letter acronyms are prized by Chinese buyers? (List away if you know the best ones...)

Town abbreviations are a good guide, so are common business names. Alot of chinese busineses use 'Z' and 'X' because they are the first character in Chinese PinYin. I can ask a Chinese friend to come up with a list of letter abbreviations for the most populated towns. I'll share it when I get it.

•••
Town abbreviations are a good guide, so are common business names. Alot of chinese busineses use 'Z' and 'X' because they are the first character in Chinese PinYin. I can ask a Chinese friend to come up with a list of letter abbreviations for the most populated towns. I'll share it when I get it.
Well its time to understand Chinese language and their couture if we are investing in lllls :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back