IT.COM

question Currency pairs

Spaceship
Watch

nivadriver

Established Member
Impact
Hello. I'm new here and would like to gauge the community's thoughts on a notion I have. I wonder if the Chinese (or other speculators) might ever take to collecting currency pair domains. Think EURUSD.com, GBPCAD.com, USDRMB.com, etc. I suppose these and others in this vein could be developed into forex or tourism sites, but there is also the aspect of scarcity. Do the Chinese use these abbreviations? Might they consider them valuable someday despite the vowels, as the case may be? I'd be obliged to hear your ideas.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Was my question not a good one?

•••
As any AEIOU and V domains are not selling for chinese, of course any vowel domain will be worhtless.

•••
Not the reply I was looking for. Allow me to rephrase: Have any of YOU ever thought of trying to register, acquire or otherwise collect .com currency pair names? This is a field I am interested in, and I am curious to hear whether anyone thinks scarcity may have an enhancing effect on their market value.

•••
welcome!

sounds like a gamble unless you develop a site on it.
There are currency converters that do it already just by typing it into google.

here are some examples if you didn't think about these
EURUSD
EURtoUSD
or EUR-USD
or EUR2USD
maaaybe but going after stuff that the chinese might want isn't the best strategy. If it looks good to you and you think you could sell them or develop them then go for it, don't worry about somebody else.
There are some letters and numbers that the chinese don't like and won't use.

•••
@nivadriver Welcome and thank you for the out-of-the-box idea. In the domaining world, what's considered rubbish yesterday could become gold today, so it's good we all have different opinions.

When it comes to domain names for the Chinese market, one way I often do is enter the term in Baidu search and see if its is frequently used. However, you do need to understand the Chinese language in order to do the research. Maybe a Chinese friend can help.

•••
OMG , Thankyou so much for the ideas on Forex pairs ideas !!!! , i just regged USDXAG.com which is { USA and Silver } cant beleive it availble to regger for 7.99 at godaddy !!! .

•••
@nivadriver Welcome and thank you for the out-of-the-box idea. In the domaining world, what's considered rubbish yesterday could become gold today, so it's good we all have different opinions.

When it comes to domain names for the Chinese market, one way I often do is enter the term in Baidu search and see if its is frequently used. However, you do need to understand the Chinese language in order to do the research. Maybe a Chinese friend can help.

@Kassey Lee: Yes, Chinese language skills would be a helpful tool!

@Phoenix: USDXAG.com is a *very* nice pickup, as the silver market may become hot again soon. I've got a few pairs myself, but my most "out of the box" one is BTCKWH.com, that is, how many kilowatt hours of electricity it takes to mine 1 bitcoin.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back