Dynadot

discuss Curiosity and .click

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Wow...anyone following me and my BS know I've been accumulating a lot of .today and .live domains. Please keep in mind I may not have a clue about what I'm doing, but I can assure anyone reading this I'm having a lot more fun than most of you:xf.grin: While accumulating domains like FreePizza.today, Weigh.today, Tailgate.live and Soccer.live, I've discovered a new extension that fits some of my criteria. This extension is .click, which was created less than three years ago at the same time .today was created.

You may wish to note that the vast majority of the gTLD extensions that I pick up are industry specific like for the restaurant and food services industry, the diet/weight loss industry, sports, financial, professional and retail. When I make decisions to purchase these domains, they're specific to industries that can afford to advertise, and in most cases generate Billions of dollars in revenues annually.

So why .today, .live, and now .click? And why not the hundreds of other domains like .co, .media, .club, .construction and the list goes on? While it may not be obvious to most of you, these other extensions are very specific and very limiting. Even extensions like .xyz and .love are very limiting imho. And while you may understand a little how the key words like free connect with .today, and action words like sex, soccer, music and concert all connect well with the extension .live, how might .click fit? At least for me, it comes down to "curiosity". I know when I first saw the domain PingPong.gives in print, I was curious, not so much about ping pong, but curious about the name and the extension itself? It was way different than anything I'd seen before. So tell me, anyone seeing domains like freesex.click, or bankloan.click or marijuanadeals.click won't "CLICK" on it if they're in need of sex, money or drugs? And if they're not, you don't think curiosity seekers won't click? I already own FreeDomains.today because it's part of my business model (thank you Kate:xf.grin:), and I'm about to register a similar domain. So can I afford to give domains away FREE? From 1.99 to 4.99 each, you bet I can:xf.wink: There will be just one criteria....they'll have to use them as part of their marketing and advertising campaign. If they work, VOILA:xf.grin: If they don't :xf.frown:.

Bulloney

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back