Dynadot

question Cryptocurrency investments and domaining

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Personally I see many domainers start to invest in cryptocurrencies which is driving our market down.

Could this potentially kill a domaining? What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
images

•••
How many of you guys who diss crypto-currencies ( actually a lot of them aren't crypto, they are just virtual) use the virtual currency known as the US dollar. It has no asset backing, and since fractional reserve banking, it is created in a giant pyramis scheme. There is massive debt associated with it, and that can never be repaid. Since the intoduction of bail-ins, you can't even be guaranteed a payment in the even of a bank being insolvent.

Bitcoin seems to be a much safer and stable system to me. If you are worried about the volatility of Bitcoin, take a look at the currency of Venezuela.

•••
You speak much truth, Kuffly. And Bitcoin doesn't even need to be a non-volatile currency to be popular. It can be a great store-of-value.

•••
Usa dollar is backed by US power and their strongest economy in the world.

I still think bitcoin and most of other cryptocurrencies heavy manipulated and it's going to explode some day.

•••
•••
Usa dollar is backed by US power and their strongest economy in the world.

I still think bitcoin and most of other cryptocurrencies heavy manipulated and it's going to explode some day.
Both of those statements are incorrect in my opinion.

•••
Both of those statements are incorrect in my opinion.

I agree.

USD is backed by guns/armies.

Bitcoin (not necessarily other cryptos) is backed by math & consensus.

•••
Personally I see many domainers start to invest in cryptocurrencies which is driving our market down.

Could this potentially kill a domaining? What do you think?

Infact I was just thinking opposite.

As bitcoins are being regulated and banned in some countries the cash flow could be diverted into domain names.

Last edited:
•••
Infact I was just thinking opposite.

As bitcoins are being regulated and banned in some countries the cash flow could be diverted into domain names.

Yes, its might be a good time for domains investment, depends on the biggest countries regulators actions in the close time.

Meanwhile the crypto market getting closer to one trillion usd.

•••
Better start investing in crypto/coin domains.

I just sold an abbreviation + "coin" .COM through Afternic. Paid Reg fee, sold for low $xxx

Will post sale once funds come through.

•••
Domaining for long term
Crypto for short term

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back