Domain Empire

.crypto domains launching on 12/11

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Unstoppable Domains

Established Member
Impact
Hi NamePros,

We’re announcing the launch of the .crypto domain extension on 12/11. 50,000 domains have already been registered. Go to https://unstoppabledomains.com/?ref=namepros to find available domains.

You’ve probably all heard about cryptocurrency, but may not be aware that new domain extensions are being launched on blockchains. These domains are not part of the ICANN system. They are stored by the owner, with their private key, not by a registrar like Godaddy. No one can transfer a domain or update it other than the owner. If you store website content on decentralized storage instead of Amazon Web Services, then no one can take down your website other than you.

A blockchain domain + Decentralized storage = An uncensorable website

This is the beginning of an entirely new internet built to protect free speech around the world.

Blockchain domain features
  • No Renewals - Pay once and it’s yours ... forever

• No Custodian - Domains are stored by the owner. No third party can move or update them

• Payments - The domain can be used as a payment address for cryptocurrencies. Send Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, or any other currency all to the same domain

• Uncensorable Websites - Attach domains to content on decentralized storage and create an uncensorable website

• Transfers - Escrow agents aren’t needed. Transfer to anyone in the world in under 1 minute with no risk of being defrauded

We’ll be moderating this thread and we’d love to hear your thoughts!

Brad Kam, Co-founder

This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have a few .crypto domains. I even have a website published on one of them... just playing around. I don't know if they'll ever become mainstream, but I am hopeful.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back