Dynadot

discuss Crypto Domain FAILS

NameSilo
Watch

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Here is a list of the current top 10 Crypto's. You will notice the top five all have their Exact Match Domain (EMD), usually on .org, but on .com as well. For those not owning their Exact Match Domains (EMD) in .org or .com I wold expect lots of confusion in the future as crypto becomes mainstream.

1. Bitcoin - Bitcoin.ORG
2. Ethereum - Ethereum.ORG
3. Litecoin - Litecoin.ORG
4. Ripple - Ripple.COM
5. Dash - Dash.ORG
6. Monero - GetMonero.ORG FAIL
7. Siacoin - Siacoin.TECH FAIL
8. Zcash - Z.CASH FAIL
9. Golem - Golem.NETWORK FAIL
10. Dogecoin - Dogecoin.ORG

Below is a link to an interesting discussion on #6 Monero. Seems the owner of Monero.org had it for sale just as the price of Monero spiked. The Monero organization had a shot. Due to the fact that this domain was not purchased by the official Monero organization, this would go down as the largest crypto domain FAIL.....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608865

In conclusion 'TRUST' is a major hurdle for the crypto market and owning an EMD seems to be paying off for the top 5. If I were to pick an underdog, I would have to go with DOGECOIN as they seem to have the most upside potential, if EMD's are indeed a factor.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
What do you guys think of this?

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/BitCo...ctronic-currency-specifically-for-Jews-501885

BitCoen, an electronic crytopcurrency based off of the idea of BitCoin, is set to launch in September. Businessman Viacheslav Semenchuk, the brains behind the operation, told Russian media outlet RT that he and his partners are in talks with almost 100 trading platforms, discussing the prospects of the currency's ability to be used for purchasing.

The currency will be based on the value of the US dollar, with each BitCoen token available for one dollar. The plan is to initially issue 100 million BitCoens.The company hopes that they will be able to circulate up to $1.5 billion in the first two years.

While anyone can purchase tokens, the company will be managed by a 'Council of Six' made up solely of Jewish representatives. The representatives will likely be prominent leaders in both public and private sectors, though there is no word yet as to the planned demography of the leaders.

As the currency is aimed specifically at Jewish communities, there will be an automation option so that trading operations may take place on Shabbat, when the handling of money is prohibited by Jewish law.

Semenchuk told reporters that the initial 'bit book' for investments has been filled, meaning that the project is viable.

•••

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/BitCo...ctronic-currency-specifically-for-Jews-501885

BitCoen, an electronic crytopcurrency based off of the idea of BitCoin, is set to launch in September. Businessman Viacheslav Semenchuk, the brains behind the operation, told Russian media outlet RT that he and his partners are in talks with almost 100 trading platforms, discussing the prospects of the currency's ability to be used for purchasing.

The currency will be based on the value of the US dollar, with each BitCoen token available for one dollar. The plan is to initially issue 100 million BitCoens.The company hopes that they will be able to circulate up to $1.5 billion in the first two years.

While anyone can purchase tokens, the company will be managed by a 'Council of Six' made up solely of Jewish representatives. The representatives will likely be prominent leaders in both public and private sectors, though there is no word yet as to the planned demography of the leaders.

As the currency is aimed specifically at Jewish communities, there will be an automation option so that trading operations may take place on Shabbat, when the handling of money is prohibited by Jewish law.

Semenchuk told reporters that the initial 'bit book' for investments has been filled, meaning that the project is viable.

•••
Crypto money is really springing up from every angle. Surely it seems will soon to affect fiat currencies all over the world, very soon if continue this way. Banks will also need to amend so that they are not left out of the seen. IMHO.Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
Crypto money is really springing up from every angle. Surely it seems will soon to affect fiat currencies all over the world, very soon if continue this way. Banks will also need to amend so that they are not left out of the seen. IMHO.Cheers.
A Nigerian owns the BitCoen dot com :) I just got off the phone with him and congratulated him in advance. Dude didn't even know what is happening and he registered the domain name out to fun or by accident lol.

•••
A Nigerian owns the BitCoen dot com :) I just got off the phone with him and congratulated him in advance. Dude didn't even know what is happening and he registered the domain name out to fun or by accident lol.
H e will need to also take the .org of the bitcoen now so that he can be on top of it all.The crypto is likely to work on the .org if failed to take it.

•••
someone has taken the bitcoen.org from India the .net is also gone. Good luck to them all.

Last edited:
•••
•••
someone has taken the bitcoen.org from India the .net is also gone. Good luck to them all.
it is the owners of the venture that took the .net, .co. info.

•••
The funniest part of domain is, he is using False information.

Name:
Domain Investor

Organization:
THIS DOMAIN IS FOR SALE

Street:
Bangalore

City:
Chennai

State:
Maharashtra

Postal Code:

Bangalore is a city name, which fall under Karnataka State.

Chennai is a city name, which come under Tamil Nadu state.

Maharashtra it's a State.

The Pin code is nowhere exist:ahhh:

•••
Not long ago I reg'd
Cryptocoen.com & Crytocoen.org

•••
The funniest part of domain is, he is using False information.

Name:
Domain Investor

Organization:
THIS DOMAIN IS FOR SALE

Street:
Bangalore

City:
Chennai

State:
Maharashtra

Postal Code:

Bangalore is a city name, which fall under Karnataka State.

Chennai is a city name, which come under Tamil Nadu state.

Maharashtra it's a State.

The Pin code is nowhere exist:ahhh:
Which of the extension are you referring to here?

•••
•••
Wow! That means he like it or not he must come back later to take the king along.

Thanks I will update my write up on the currency, you can have a look at the write-up here

•••
Wow! That means he like it or not he must come back later to take the king along.

Thanks I will update my write up on the currency, you can have a look at the write-up here

•••

Wow really? When I first heard of BitCoen I looked at .com and saw it was available for offer. I thought that was odd but now I see you guys talking .org is best. On a hunch that this might be a decent investment I picked up other extensions myself.

BitCoen.biz
BitCoen.mobi
BitCoen.ushttps://dcc.godaddy.com/dcc50/Default.aspx#
BitCoenCash.com

•••

@Fliporium You should set up your own cryptocurrency - FlipCoin :ROFL:

•••
Wow really? When I first heard of BitCoen I looked at .com and saw it was available for offer. I thought that was odd but now I see you guys talking .org is best. On a hunch that this might be a decent investment I picked up other extensions myself.

BitCoen.biz
BitCoen.mobi
BitCoen.us
BitCoenCash.com

I liked the BitCoenCash.com

•••
have you seen/read about MANA tokens used @ Decentraland - A blockchain-based virtual reality world.

You can use MANA Tokens to purchase parcels of land, as well as buy digital goods and services within Decentraland.

Cheers
Corey

•••
Bitcoin.org was the domain where the original bitcoin formula was released by Santosh Nakamoto... thereafter once he/she/they disappeared the domain was scooped up by the current owners.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back