NameSilo

domain craigslistpersonals.org

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

thekassandra

Impact
I have received two very lucrative offers through my host for my domain craigslistpersonals.org. I purchased said domain through GoDaddy, and recently had it appraised through two domain brokers, but would like to know what people feel the value is. Thank you very much.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I doubt it. Looks like a trademark to me.. Check it! Take other's opinion as well!

•••
I would take either offer immediately and run because you're infringing like a mofo

•••
Delete this name, take 2 weeks off of domaining, then retire.
Full of crap about the getting it appraised by 2 brokers as well.
Take the lucrative offers:troll:

Not worth reg fee or legal issues. Zero imo

CraigslistPersonals.org is a trademark name, and your only asking for trouble to possess this name

•••
I have received two very lucrative offers through my host for my domain craigslistpersonals.org. I purchased said domain through GoDaddy, and recently had it appraised through two domain brokers, but would like to know what people feel the value is. Thank you very much.
So what did the two brokers say?

•••
$0 due to TM. Drop it like it's hot...imo.

Year old handreg with privacy, and clear TM, which is coming up for renewal. Talk of lucrative offers and broker appraisals are more likely fishing stories, in hopes of a quick sale before it expires.

Follow the path of the prior two registrants, and let it go...gl

•••
Thank you for your feedback, it’s very much appreciated. I am new to domain purchasing and sales, so if you could help me understand a couple things, it would be very much appreciated!

1. Why would GoDaddy sell me the domain to me, express interest in me listing the domain for sale with them and confirm via writing (when I asked for it in writing) that it is fully legal to buy and sell the domain?

2. I contacted two copyright/ trademark attorneys and they both said it was totally legal for me to purchase and resell the domain with no chance for reprocussuins/lawsuit/cease and desist.

Again, thank you for any help with clarifying.

•••
•••
Thank you for your feedback, it’s very much appreciated. I am new to domain purchasing and sales, so if you could help me understand a couple things, it would be very much appreciated!

1. Why would GoDaddy sell me the domain to me, express interest in me listing the domain for sale with them and confirm via writing (when I asked for it in writing) that it is fully legal to buy and sell the domain?

2. I contacted two copyright/ trademark attorneys and they both said it was totally legal for me to purchase and resell the domain with no chance for reprocussuins/lawsuit/cease and desist.

•••

What are the names of these lawyers, they gave you free advice?

I have to got to call BS on a lot of facts here, two offers, two brokers, two lawyers, just too much nonsense here.

Best you quit while you’re ahead. If you want real advice, contact Craigslist’s lawyers, and see what they have to say.

Last edited:
•••
One was out of DC, and one out of New York. They gave me a free consult and the one said there would be no reason to even hire him. I am so confused, because as I said GoDaddy also said this, yet on this website and a broker I contacted said contrary. I received an offer through a craigslist post and a Facebook Marketplace group I belong to. I am at a loss.

•••

Why would you contact multiple TM attorneys, unless you yourself found something potentially wrong or infringing with the name to begin with?

In the end, it's a $10 handreg that is about to expire. Cut your losses and move on. It's a lesson learned for pretty cheap. Stay clear of TM names moving forward, and you're on the right path....imo.

•••
One was out of DC, and one out of New York. They gave me a free consult and the one said there would be no reason to even hire him. I am so confused, because as I said GoDaddy also said this, yet on this website and a broker I contacted said contrary. I received an offer through a craigslist post and a Facebook Marketplace group I belong to. I am at a loss.
What were these lucrative offer amounts?

$xxx , $xxxx, $xxxxx ?

You can godaddy, or anywhere and type in any word and register it. Did you read their fine print, and disclaimers where they take no liability for such things?

Last edited:
•••

Don't put much stock in offers via craigslist post and facebook. Likely just folks toying with you via social media outlets. Below are a couple of NP areas which you may find useful.

Welcome to the forum...cheers!

https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-beginners.25/
https://www.namepros.com/forums/legal-discussion.229/

•••

Which ones? If that is true, which I doubt, then they need to find a new profession.

Brad

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back