IT.COM

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
just as I Was done talking about it here..
looks like trump is getting the picture.. he said more or less:
we can't let the remedy be worse than the problem itself.

maybe he'll go easier on the measures in place.

frankly, he doesnt have a choice. else we're all screwed. and not by the virus.

•••
The Greek Police and Military have been pushing them back from entering the Greek border, for over a month now.

The problem is that the Turkish President Erdogan decided to transport and bus hundreds of thousands of refugees from refugee camps in their Southern border with Syria, to the northern border with Greece and ordered them to enter Greece illegally.

Some say that it could be related to the Coronavirus, whereby he is trying to get rid of all these refugees, because some of them had contracted the virus in the refugee camps and now he wants to dump them in Greece and eventually the rest of Europe.

Can't trust the Turkish Government!

they may have to fire on them then if the cross the boarder, very sad

•••
just as I Was done talking about it here..
looks like trump is getting the picture.. he said more or less:
we can't let the remedy be worse than the problem itself.

maybe he'll go easier on the measures in place.

frankly, he doesnt have a choice. else we're all screwed. and not by the virus.

Trump is in battle with deep state globalists right now, they are trying to completely tank the US economy, He is going to have to turn course and beat them to the curve. I think he can do it

•••
Then the Supermarkets should do their part and ration the amount per person.... not too complicated!

they have just started to here, limiting the amount of the same item someone can purchase

•••
•••
Clothing and textile manufacturers will deliver face masks to US government this week

A group of clothing and textile manufacturers, including Hanes, are planning to deliver their first shipments of three-ply face masks to the federal government by midweek to help health care workers respond to the coronavirus pandemic.

The largest US yarn spinner, Parkdale Inc., and six other companies planned to begin production of the masks on Monday, according to the National Council of Textile Organizations.

The group aims to make up to 10 million masks a week in the US and Central America about a month from now. The coalition of companies, which also includes Fruit of the Loom, Los Angeles Apparel and American Giant, worked with the White House to set up the increased production, the industry group's statement said.

The masks will be sent directly to the federal government, a spokesperson for Hanes said.

•••
This is devastating news in countries hard hit.

"Peleg said that, from what he sees and hears in the hospital, the instructions are not to offer access to artificial respiratory machines to patients over 60, as such machines are limited in number."

https://m.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856/amp

this is what I didn’t want to hear happening, but it appears as if it is inevitable with the equipment shortage.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
UK set for new curbs as doctors say they feel like cannon fodder

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...tons-you-must-stay-at-home-idUSKBN21A1CF?il=0

from the article...reality check for those that think this pandemic is fake: "Britain’s lower house of parliament is expected to approve emergency legislation giving authorities sweeping powers to tackle the outbreak, including the right to detain people and put them in isolation to protect public health."

btw, shelter in place coming soon to a metro or two in NC.

•••
UK set for new curbs as doctors say they feel like cannon fodder

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...tons-you-must-stay-at-home-idUSKBN21A1CF?il=0

from the article...reality check for those that think this pandemic is fake: "Britain’s lower house of parliament is expected to approve emergency legislation giving authorities sweeping powers to tackle the outbreak, including the right to detain people and put them in isolation to protect public health."

btw, shelter in place coming soon to a metro or two in NC.

they know they have to watch their asses when trying to slam down on NC ,, just like here in TX, they have done shelter in place for Dallas county, not Fort Worth yet, so they will do the big cities by the major of those big cities, but will think super hard before they close down the entire state

•••
they know they have to watch their asses when trying to slam down on NC ,, just like here in TX, they have done shelter in place for Dallas county, not Fort Worth yet, so they will do the big cities by the major of those big cities, but will think super hard before they close down the entire state

True...Char/Meck first then Raleigh/Wake...lots of support by citizens to go ahead and do what they feel is inevitable. A check of traffic cams shows a lot of traffic heading into metros today from rural areas...no doubt people getting supplies.

SC governor just set stage for executive order...things have to be a little more 'stepped' there. The place that surprises me the most is the Atlanta metro and Georgia...not getting in solid info about plans. I am impressed WV took the leap today. Info out of Florida is all over the place but I think it will happen...maybe without much warning...a stay in place is better than a lock down order...the morons have to get off the streets and stop being stupid. I got yelled at over the weekend because I did not attend an annual 'shrimp boil' Saturday.

Last edited:
•••
True...Char/Meck first then Raleigh/Wake...lots of support by citizens to go ahead and do what they feel is inevitable. A check of traffic cams shows a lot of traffic heading into metros today from rural areas...no doubt people getting supplies.

SC governor just set stage for executive order...things have to be a little more 'stepped' there. The place that surprises me the most is the Atlanta metro and Georgia...not getting in solid info about plans. I am impressed WV took the leap today. Info out of Florida is all over the place but I think it will happen...maybe without much warning...a stay in place is better than a lock down order...if the morons don't get off the streets and stop being stupid. I got yelled at over the weekend because I did not attend an annual 'shrimp boil' Saturday.

I agree, and would willingly comply if it becomes necessary where I am at for a shelter in place, but if an executive order of shutting the state down were to happen then I might change my tune, TX as a whole will not accept any form of martial law being implemented. Or unlawful detainment or anything of the likes, I doubt anything will go that far is this state.

•••
90526763_10158098935031740_5926768020499202048_n.jpg

•••
Trudeau tells Canadians: "Enough is enough. Go home and stay home."

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, speaking from his home in Ottawa on Monday, had a message for Canadians who choose to ignore social distancing advice: "Enough is enough. Go home and stay home."

Trudeau reiterated the need for self-distancing, saying, "If you choose to ignore that advice, if you choose to get together with people or go to crowded places, you are not just putting yourself at risk, you are putting others at risk too."

He went on to warn Canadians, saying, "We are going to make sure this happens. Whether by educating people more on the risks or by enforcing the rules if that is needed. Nothing that could help is off the table."

•••
One thing I see that really pisses me off, the media is doing their very very best to scare the total shit out of people, I am not a bit surprised though

•••
I agree, and would willingly comply if it becomes necessary where I am at for a shelter in place, but if an executive order of shutting the state down were to happen then I might change my tune, TX as a whole will not accept any form of martial law being implemented. Or unlawful detainment or anything of the likes, I doubt anything will go that far is this state.

:xf.smile: I am a huge fan of Texas and its citizens...the Carolinas and Georgia are very similar in beliefs and traditions.

ADD: Having spent time in Ohio, it is also like minded...although it is north of the Mason Dixon line! :xf.smile:. Lots of good people...at one time Columbus and Charlotte were 'sister cities'.

Last edited:
•••
Trudeau tells Canadians: "Enough is enough. Go home and stay home."

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, speaking from his home in Ottawa on Monday, had a message for Canadians who choose to
ignore social distancing advice: "Enough is enough. Go home and stay home."

Trudeau reiterated the need for self-distancing, saying, "If you choose to ignore that advice, if you choose to get together with people or go to crowded places, you are not just putting yourself at risk, you are putting others at risk too."

He went on to warn Canadians, saying, "We are going to make sure this happens. Whether by educating people more on the risks or by enforcing the rules if that is needed. Nothing that could help is off the table."

Trump isn’t going to do this , you gotta love the “Nothing that can help is off the table”

Canada you are now puppets of the puppeteers

•••
:xf.smile: I am a huge fan of Texas and its citizens...the Carolinas and Georgia are very similar in beliefs and traditions.

I am a big fan of North Carolina, I love it there. I love Georgia as well, both awesome states!!

•••
California is fixing to deploy drones, drones that talk as well, I expect the same will follow in New York and New Jersey

•••
Just in case anyone here was getting any ideas.......
(People are legit paying hundreds of dollars for this stuff on eBay. It'll likely kill you.)
(UPDATE: eBay has now banned this product from their platform)

Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in attempt to prevent coronavirus

A press release from Banner Health, based in Arizona, said the husband and wife, both in their 60s, took an additive called chloroquine phosphate used to clean fish tanks, to try to prevent coronavirus.

Within half an hour, both needed to seek emergency medical care. The man later died, and his wife is currently under critical care.

The man's wife told NBC News she'd watched televised briefings during which President Trump talked about the potential benefits of chloroquine.

The name "chloroquine" resonated with the man's wife, who asked that her name not be used to protect the family's privacy. She'd used it previously to treat her koi fish.

"I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'"

The couple — both in their 60s and potentially at higher risk for complications of the virus — decided to mix a small amount of the substance with a liquid and drink it as a way to prevent the coronavirus.

"We were afraid of getting sick," she said.

Within 20 minutes, both became extremely ill, at first feeling "dizzy and hot."

"I started vomiting," the woman told NBC News. "My husband started developing respiratory problems and wanted to hold my hand."

-----------------

Nigeria reports poisonings from possible coronavirus drug chloroquine

Health officials in the West Afrian nation confirmed on Sunday that two people were hospitalized in Lagos for overdoses of the anti-Malaria drug.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Drones would be good target practice if they decided to fly em around here, it would give us something fun to do if we go under shelter in place

•••
The United Kingdom is locked down now, very disturbing , watch the puppeteers my British brother and sisters

•••
Florida governor will issue order mandating self-isolation for travelers from New York and New Jersey

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Monday he is issuing an executive order that calls for a mandatory 14-day self-isolation for travelers coming from airports in New York and New Jersey.

“Today there’s over 190 direct flights from the New York City area to the state of Florida, and I would reckon, given the outbreak there, that every single flight has somebody on it who’s positive for Covid-19,” DeSantis said at a news conference.

DeSantis said travelers will be met by local or state law enforcement, as well as personnel from the Florida Department of Health. Passengers will also be subject to temperature checks, DeSantis said. Passengers planning to stay with family in Florida would not be exempt from the order.

DeSantis said the order “will go out today."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back