NameSilo

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, actually some people regret making poor decisions when it is directly related to their imminent death.

Brad

Death is imminent .. period … everyone has regrets when they die .. but they are like dying .. k … not holding a broadcast with a nurse ..

•••
Or maybe these news are also fake?

Phil Valentine, radio host who regretted vaccine skepticism, dies of Covid-19

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...retted-vaccine-skepticism-dies-covid-n1277395

"I know if he were able to tell you this, he would tell you, 'Go get vaccinated,'" said Phil Valentine's brother, Mark Valentine.

Valentine had been a skeptic of coronavirus vaccines. But after he tested positive for Covid-19, and prior to his hospitalization, he told his listeners to consider, “If I get this Covid thing, do I have a chance of dying from it?” If so, he advised them to get vaccinated. He said he chose not to get vaccinated because he thought he probably wouldn’t die.

After Valentine was moved into a critical care unit, Mark Valentine said his brother regretted that “he wasn’t a more vocal advocate of the vaccination.”

“I know if he were able to tell you this, he would tell you, ’Go get vaccinated. Quit worrying about the politics. Quit worrying about all the conspiracy theories,'” Mark Valentine told The Tennessean in July.

Too bad that didn't give him ivermectin and monoclonal antibodies.

•••
* Citation Needed

1) Supply proof cloth or paper ( blown polypropylene ) mask can stop the covid-19 virus.

2) Go to Home Depot, stand by the checkout line for 5 minutes and count the number of times people touch their mask.

3) Imagine your a 8 year old and forced to wear a mask all day at school.

•••
Yeah, too bad they did not have a bag of magic beans. Everything is the "cure" but the actual cure.

Brad

Your kind of an dumbass. I bet if the media told you Joe Biden was doing a great job, you'd believe them.

•••
Too bad he didn't get vaccinated (before he got infected by covid-19, because once you are infected and dying on an ICU bed, it's too late then to ask for the vaccine) and be alive right now.

What do you care? You're vaccinated right? Magic bullet and all.

•••
Why are people gloating over "skeptics" who get sick and die? I wonder how many people could be helped by the same treatment rich and influential people have access too?

Ivermectin is a common drug. Even the liar Fauci has admitted antibody treatment is effective.

•••
Have you tried colloidal silver? I heard that can fix any ailment. :)

Brad

No, I"m not a dumbass. I have natural immunity because I've already had covid. Why do you dismiss a treatment that's been proven to work.

Same treatment Pres. Trump used when he caught the china-virus.

•••
Same dumb asses poo-pooing every treatment b/c the media, who have a long history of lying for political reasons, tells them it doesn't work.

Even when there are people using the treatment and proving it works.

•••
Haha yeah :) or the best ones, suggested by Mr. Trump: injecting disinfectant or ultraviolet light inside the body:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52407177

This is the second lie I've seen you post in the last hour.

"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous - whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light," the president said, turning to Dr Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response co-ordinator, "and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you're going to test it.

"And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside of the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too. Sounds interesting," the president continued.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"So it'd be interesting to check that."

Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."

•••
You grouped two things together. One which might be effective, and the other which is clear nonsense with no empirical data aka Ivermectin.

Brad

Keep jumping to conclusions based on the media lies. It's worked so well for you so far.

•••
I am not gloating.

I think it is sad when someone's ill-informed terrible decision leads to their own demise.

I mean it can certainly be ironic if you call COVID fake, trash the medical professionals, treatments, etc....then succumb to it. Ironic, but still sad.

Ivermectin is a common drug for parasitic worms. Is COVID parasitic worms?
Last time I checked no.

The empirical data shows how effective the vaccine is. The hospitals are not full of vaccinated people.

There is no empirical data or peer-reviewed study in a medical journal that shows that Ivermectin is effective against COVID.

Brad

Ivermectin has also has been used to treat viral infections. Don't stop believing.... hold on to the feeellling. .

•••
This is the second lie I've seen you post in the last hour.
What is exactly the lie? That Trump did suggest to put ultraviolet light inside the body, or inject disinfectant?
I am eager to know the lie, please enlighten me.

Last edited:
•••
I am not gloating...

I didn't say you... I said many.

I think it is sad when someone's ill-informed terrible decision leads to their own demise.

I mean it can certainly be ironic if you call COVID fake, trash the medical professionals, treatments, etc....then succumb to it. Ironic, but still sad.

Ivermectin is a common drug for parasitic worms. Is COVID parasitic worms?
Last time I checked no.

The empirical data shows how effective the vaccine is. The hospitals are not full of vaccinated people.

Then if you're vaccinated, maybe chill out.

There is no empirical data or peer-reviewed study in a medical journal that shows that Ivermectin is effective against COVID.

Talk about grouping two things together.

•••
What is exactly the lie? That Trump did suggest to put ultraviolet light inside the body, or inject disinfectant?
I am eager to know the lie, iluminate me please.

That's right. He was referring to experimental treatments and the media ran with a false narrative.

•••
After talking 5 minutes or 5 days to anti-vaxxers and science deniers, I think that your post resumes the situation quite well :)

I just posted a video of Joe Rogan talking about a effective treatment, prescribed by an MD, developed by an infectious disease expert and you and brad are flipping out without watching it.

You both are perfect examples of media tools.

•••
Mask are next to useless. Probably do more harm than good.

Of course.

47ad3db6ca6d4a2e.jpg

•••
TL;DR : Kids who have a .000009% chance of dying of the wuhan virus were required to wear mask, adults were not.

Maybe a better caption would have been FEAR, not Science.

One source explaining image: https://factcheck.thedispatch.com/p/did-kathy-hochul-go-maskless-in-a

I didn't double check its accuracy.

Oh look some photo with absolutely no context. No time, no date, no location, no purpose.

They should probably all be wearing masks, but I am guessing all the adults are vaccinated and all the kids look well under 12, so they can't be vaccinated yet.

That is if this is even COVID related. There is no other information, so who knows. It could just as easily be some other thing.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Cloth masks work better than nothing, of course they must fit correctly to your face. Here you have a link about it:

Effectiveness of Cloth Masks for Protection Against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article

Abstract

"Cloth masks have been used in healthcare and community settings to protect the wearer from respiratory infections. The use of cloth masks during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic is under debate. The filtration effectiveness of cloth masks is generally lower than that of medical masks and respirators; however, cloth masks may provide some protection if well designed and used correctly. Multilayer cloth masks, designed to fit around the face and made of water-resistant fabric with a high number of threads and finer weave, may provide reasonable protection. Until a cloth mask design is proven to be equally effective as a medical or N95 mask, wearing cloth masks should not be mandated for healthcare workers. In community settings, however, cloth masks may be used to prevent community spread of infections by sick or asymptomatically infected persons, and the public should be educated about their correct use"

Enough to wear one to stop you from transmitting the virus through droplets or water expelled and infect everybody around you. And this one also protects you from inhaling high unfiltered amounts of airborne virus. The less number of virus you inhale, the less severe will be the disease if you finally get infected by covid.

Not the only effective, but the most effective. And yes, it must be properly fitted and if you have beard then it won't work so good.
This one is the best and and has an efficacy of at least 95%.

You post false information that has been widely debunked.

Nothing in this diatribe suggest a cloth or procedural mask will stop the China virus that, according the the same source, is much, much smaller than the flu or cold virus.

•••
Adding to what Sutruk posted about cloth and procedure masks having an effect:

Massive randomized study is proof that surgical masks limit coronavirus spread, authors say

" “I think a big error would be to read this study and to say, ‘Oh, masks can only prevent 10 percent of symptomatic infections,’ ” Abaluck said. The number would probably be several times higher if masking were universal, he said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...udy-covid-bangladesh/?utm_source=morning_brew

Note: Study is said to still need peer reviewing.

We order medical grade ones from a Canadian manufacturer. Best made, best fitting, most comfortable ones to wear that we've come across so far:

https://benchmarkppe.ca/product/astm-level-1-disposable-3-ply-mask-2/

The Washington Post also said Hunter Biden's laptop was a Russian hoax and the Steele Dossier was factual.

Corporate media has no hesitation to lie for political purpose. Scientist regularly prostitute themselves to prop up liberal narratives that are later proven to lies.

You don't have to be a PHD to understand children, working adults do not follow sanitary rules required for any mask to be effective.

You can believe what ever you want. I'll think and reason for myself.

•••
•••
Amazing to me the same people who were lead down the primrose path with outlandish stories about Trump and Joe Biden... keep quoting stories from the same authors who made them look like gullible fools.

Step out of line and they will immediately try to correct you.

Last edited:
•••
•••
LOL. People have been taking it for months.

https://thecovidblog.com/ivermectin/

Do you have any idea what a peer-reviewed medical study is? You literally linked to a Google search for "cnn falsely claims rogan using tranquilizer".

It is honestly rather pointless trying to have a debate with people who lack the ability to use reason, logic, understand concepts like empirical vs anecdotal data, correlation vs causation, etc.

All you have are your "beliefs". Keep believing what you want.

COVID doesn't give a shit about your beliefs. It will keep spreading among the unvaccinated.

The empirical data is irrefutable. I noticed you have not even made any attempt to refute it, or explain it in any way other than the vaccine is highly effective.

The number of unvaccinated will keep going down either by getting vaccinated, or Darwinism will take care of the rest.

Brad

•••
The liberal intellectual consensus:

1) A virus a factor of 10 smaller than the flu virus can be stopped by a woven cloth mask.

2) Ivermectin with monoclonal antibody infusion is a hoax, the people who have used it are all crazy liars spreading dangerous misinformation.

Can't make this stuff up.

•••
Let's try this for maybe the 10th time. Why is the minority that are unvaccinated making up almost all of the COVID hospitalizations and deaths?

Are you serious? They were not vaccinated. Probably wore mask too.

Why the massive disconnect in percentages?

Did you care to share an explanation, other than the vaccine being highly effective?

Brad

Have I ever said any of the vaccines were ineffective? No.

I said mask are worse than no mask and there are drugs that have been effective in helping people recover from the China virus.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back