NameSilo

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine more effective with longer dose gap: study

AstraZeneca and Oxford University’s COVID-19 vaccine is more effective when its second dose is given three months after the first, instead of six weeks, a peer-reviewed study published in The Lancet medical journal showed on Friday.

The study confirmed the Anglo-Swedish drugmaker’s findings from earlier this month that showed the vaccine had 76% efficacy against symptomatic coronavirus infection for three months after the first dose.

Efficacy was found to be at 81% with the longer interval of 12 weeks between the first and second dose, compared with 55% efficacy up to the six-week gap, according to the Lancet study, which backs British and WHO recommendations for longer intervals. (no_url_shorteners/3bmLX25)

•••
Pfizer vaccine may offer strong protection after first dose, Israeli study finds

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/sci...rotection-first-dose-israeli-study-fi-rcna300

"The Covid-19 vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech produces a robust immune response after just one dose, according to a new Israeli study of vaccinated health care workers at the country's largest hospital.

The research, published Thursday in the medical journal The Lancet, followed 7,214 staff members at Israel's Sheba Medical Center, a government-owned facility, who received their first dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccination between Dec. 19 and Jan. 24. Scientists from the medical center found that the vaccine was 85 percent effective at preventing symptomatic Covid-19 within 15 to 28 days after the shot was administered.

The study also found a 75 percent reduction in both symptomatic and asymptomatic infections after just the first shot. The scientists said these reductions suggest that one dose provides a robust enough immune response to justify delaying the second shot."

Last edited:
•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of 8:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 2,465,548
United States: 507,746
Brazil: 244,955
South Africa: 48,859
United Kingdom: 119,920
Canada: 21,576
Mexico: 178,965
Poland: 42,077
Russia: 82,876
India: 156,240
Bolivia: 11,390
Japan : 7,274
Indonesia: 34,316
Italy: 95,235
Spain: 67,101
Belgium: 21,859
France: 83,964
Netherlands: 15,138
Chile: 19,897
Philippines: 12,068

•••
Israeli-made nasal spray reduced COVID infection at mass gathering

A nasal spray may have reduced coronavirus infection rates at a mass gathering during Rosh Hashanah in the highly endemic community of Bnei Brak, according to new, preliminary research.

Some 83 members of an ultra-Orthodox synagogue in Bnei Brak used the nasal spray "Traffix" during Rosh Hashanah services, and after two weeks, 2.4% of Traffix users were infected with the coronavirus while 10% of non-users were infected with the coronavirus.

The odds ratio for coronavirus infection in Traffix users was reduced by 78%.

The results led the researchers to recommend the use of Traffix in addition to other precautionary measures. No side effects were reported among users.

The nasal spray, created by Nasus Pharma, is a nasal powder inhaler that creates a protective layer over nasal mucosa, blocking viruses from infecting nasal cells. The primary ingredient in Traffix, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, forms a muco-adhesive gel that covers the nasal cells, preventing viruses from engaging with receptors.

It also creates an acidic microenvironment that can remain for five hours and has been shown to prevent respiratory illnesses such as N1H1 influenza and rhinovirus.

The spray has been approved for use in Europe and Israel

Last edited:
•••
creates a protective layer over nasal mucosa

On a similar note, all my doctors and nurses (including those that are family members) ask me every time we interreact if I am using saline nasal spray. They suggest using it before entering a store (anywhere people are gathered) and using it again once I have left the building. Whether or not it does any good against covid is unknown, but it has made my nose and sinuses more clear.

•••
Covid-19 vaccines may prevent infection and not just symptoms, study suggests

(CNN) Health experts have said that data so far has shown that Covid-19 vaccines prevent symptoms of the virus -- but a new study suggests that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines may also prevent infections.

A team at the Mayo Clinic health system looked at more than 31,000 people across four states who had received at least one dose of either vaccine -- and found their vaccines were upwards of 80% effective in preventing infection 36 days after the first dose.

Vaccine efficacy was 75% 15 days after the first dose, and appeared 89% effective from 36 days after the second dose, according to the research, which has not yet been peer-reviewed.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/20/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

•••
On a similar note, all my doctors and nurses (including those that are family members) ask me every time we interreact if I am using saline nasal spray. They suggest using it before entering a store (anywhere people are gathered) and using it again once I have left the building. Whether or not it does any good against covid is unknown, but it has made my nose and sinuses more clear.

I believe that the Coronavirus first takes a foothold in the nose and throat before it spreads to the lungs and so anything that can keep the upper part of our respiratory system clean could probably help in preventing the virus from taking over of our body.

I use a disposable medical mask for more than just once, but I always spray it with Isopropyl alcohol (preferably 91%) on both sides until it is thoroughly soaked and let it dry before using it again.

I also gargle with warm salt water occasionally which I have found to be very effective in keeping the back of the throat clean. I mix a tablespoon or so of regular table salt in a 16 or 20 oz. bottle of warm water and use it to gargle with. (Be sure not to overdo it as it can burn the back of the throat and make sure not to swallow any of the salt water.)

These are not meant and should not be taken as medical advice, although I have found doing these things useful from my own personal experience.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Covid-19 vaccines may prevent infection and not just symptoms, study suggests

(CNN) Health experts have said that data so far has shown that Covid-19 vaccines prevent symptoms of the virus -- but a new study suggests that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines may also prevent infections.

A team at the Mayo Clinic health system looked at more than 31,000 people across four states who had received at least one dose of either vaccine -- and found their vaccines were upwards of 80% effective in preventing infection 36 days after the first dose.

Vaccine efficacy was 75% 15 days after the first dose, and appeared 89% effective from 36 days after the second dose, according to the research, which has not yet been peer-reviewed.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/20/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

Vaccines are supposed to PREVENT infection, right?

•••

This salt gargling is widely practiced elsewhere too.

•••
Vaccines are supposed to PREVENT infection, right?

In the case of covid, they prevent serious illness but it hasn't been determined that they prevent actual infection. That has been in question and the fear has been that a vaccinated person could still have virus in their nasal passages and infect others.

•••
Coronavirus vaccine 99% effective in preventing serious disease, death

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news...ve-in-preventing-serious-disease-death-659613

"The Pfizer coronavirus vaccine has proven to be about 99% effective in preventing hospitalization, serious disease and death for those who are past two weeks from the second dose, new data released by the Health Ministry on Saturday night showed.

... a week after the second dose, the jab was 91.8% effective in preventing individuals from contracting the virus, 96.9% from developing symptoms such as fever and respiratory difficulties, and 95.6%, 96.4% and 94.5% against hospitalization, serious illness and death respectively.

In addition, two weeks after the second shot, the efficacy improved even further: 95.8% against contracting the virus, 98% against developing symptoms such as fever and respiratory difficulties, and about 99% against hospitalization, serious illness and death – 98.9%, 99.2% and 98.9%."

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Did you survive Covid? Maybe you can thank your Neanderthal ancestors
People who survive a bout of Covid-19 with mild symptoms or even no symptoms may be able to thank their Neanderthal ancestors, a new study suggests.

Researchers found a genetic mutation that reduces the risk of severe Covid-19 infection by about 22%. It was found in all the samples they took of Neanderthal DNA, and in about 30% of samples from people of European and Asian origin.

The genetic region involved affects the body's immune response to RNA viruses such as the coronavirus, as well as West Nile virus and hepatitis C virus, the researchers reported Tuesday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

"This region encodes proteins that activate enzymes that are important during infections with RNA viruses," they wrote.

It may be one of those mutations that has been passed down over the millennia because it helped people survive, Svante Paabo and Hugo Zeberg of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany reported.

"We show that a haplotype on chromosome 12, which is associated with about a 22% reduction in relative risk of becoming severely ill with COVID-19 when infected by SARS-CoV-2, is inherited from Neandertals," they wrote. "The relative risk of needing intensive care is reduced by about 22% per copy of the Neandertal haplotype," they added.

Why 50% Indians will be happy to have some Neanderthal DNA. Hint: It has to do with Covid

Researchers in Germany, Japan find that nearly half the Indian population has inherited a DNA sequence from Neanderthals that is believed to reduce risk of severe disease due to Covid.

An estimated 50 per cent of the Indian population is less susceptible to severe Covid-19, and it’s probably because Neanderthals and modern humans got naughty with each other tens of thousands of years ago. Or so claims a group of researchers from Japan and Germany.

According to researchers behind a study published in PNAS last week, nearly half the Indian population has inherited a 75,000-character-long DNA sequence from Neanderthals that is believed to reduce the risk of severe disease due to Covid-19

Last edited:
•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of 9:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 2,473,769
United States: 509,897
Brazil: 246,006
South Africa: 48,940
United Kingdom: 120,365
Canada: 21,630
Mexico: 179,797
Poland: 42,171
Russia: 83,293
India: 156,339
Bolivia: 11,417
Japan : 7,333
Indonesia: 34,489
Italy: 95,486
Spain: 67,101
Belgium: 21,887
France: 84,147
Netherlands: 15,200
Chile: 19,974
Philippines: 12,088

•••
Russia Detects First Case of Avian Flu Strain in Humans, Alerts WHO

MOSCOW - Russia said Saturday that its scientists had detected the world's first case of transmission of the H5N8 strain of avian flu from birds to humans and had alerted the World Health Organization.

In televised remarks, the head of Russia's health watchdog Rospotrebnadzor, Anna Popova, said scientists at the Vektor laboratory had isolated the strain's genetic material from seven workers at a poultry farm in southern Russia, where an outbreak was recorded among the birds in December.

The workers did not suffer any serious health consequences, she added. They are believed to have caught the virus from poultry on the farm.

"Information about the world's first case of transmission of the avian flu [H5N8] to humans has already been sent to the World Health Organization," Popova said.

https://www.voanews.com/europe/russia-detects-first-case-avian-flu-strain-humans-alerts-who

•••
Last edited:
•••
Well, I may disagree with 98% of the posts in this thread as being helpful for health, truth and freedom,
but I will say, I remain optimistic for humanity as now there is a resurgent energy of people wanting to be the healthiest they can be.

So much focus on death (Western model - studying corpses, body parts and blood stains etc)

vs studying life (Eastern model - studying what ANIMATES LIFE (subtle energy, qi, prana, life force energy etc)

Reductionist models that envelop drugs and vaccines as treatment IMHO are not solutions - band-aids at best.

Let us remember what Fraudci *COUGH* I meant Fauci said about "Asymptomatic" transmission....

LET'S LISTEN TO DR. FAUCI, SHALL WE? Peggy Hall
https://www.bitchute.com/video/Pp8XZa3q1VSa/

Last edited:
•••
Well, I may disagree with 98% of the posts in this thread as being helpful for health, truth and freedom, but I will say, I remain optimistic for humanity as now there is a resurgent energy of people wanting to be the healthiest they can be.

Perhaps that energy will translate health to the planet - our foundation, but over the past few decades the traditional Eastern model has been replaced by a more Western economic approach leading to Climate Change, which may have driven the rise of Covid-19, as pointed out earlier in another thread by Sutruk:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/02/210205085718.htm

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps that energy will translate health to the planet - our foundation, but over the past few decades the traditional Eastern model has been replaced by a more Western economic approach leading to Climate Change, which may have driven the rise of Covid-19, as pointed out earlier in another thread by Sutruk:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/02/210205085718.htm

Climate indeed changes....just ask the USAF who has made a point to own the weather!
https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a333462.pdf

•••
Climate indeed changes....just ask the USAF who has made a point to own the weather!
https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a333462.pdf

Agreed, the Militarization of weather is nothing new. It would be refreshing for the military to apply their advanced technologies to something other than war. I have questioned that reasoning for decades. :unsure: However, there is a difference between micro and macro climatic modifications, the difference being short term gains vs. long-term goals and having a sustainable future for generations to come. Just as elections, Covid-19 (although serious) is but another distraction from required change and guaranteed there will be more to come.

Last edited:
•••
Agreed, the Militarization of weather is nothing new. It would be refreshing for the military to apply their advanced technologies to something other than war.

There are probably 3 'machines' operating today...control of the weather is indeed the ultimate weapon short of complete destruction of life (think nuke here).

The reality is war is the reason we are communicating as we are right now...most (if not all) significant technological advances were due to one 'side' or the other making discoveries/advances in an attempt to achieve the upper hand. Sadly, I think mankind is running head on into a evolutionary brick wall...too many people, too much pollution and not enough love for each other or the planet. I hope I am wrong but the doomsday clock is slowly ticking closer to midnight.

Brings to mind that voice from many years ago...'can't we all just get along?'

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Sadly, I think mankind is running head on into a evolutionary brick wall...too many people, too much pollution and not enough love for each other or the planet. I hope I am wrong but the doomsday clock is slowly ticking closer to midnight.

The utopia promised in the dawn of the "Age of Information" has unfortunately derailed much of the moral fabric of society. As you said, too many people, add too many disparate voices and opinions resulting in a population that is conflicted and confused. Common sense is not very common anymore, as is the "Wisdom of the Ages", which has been overshadowed by egocentric voices promoting the flavour of the month. :unsure:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back