Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
Sold yesterday (not by me):

Ebbay.com $4100. NameJet
Mrriott.com $2550. DropCatch

Both of these scream out - even auto spell check - to the trademarked names eBay and Marriott - wonder what the buyers intend to do with them? especially at those prices.

I can vaguely see Mr. Riott in the second one but I don’t think that’s the intention or why the domain was dropped.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its just ignorance and someone has too much money. They more than likely bought them thinking they will sell them to Ebay and Marriott for $50k each, which will obviously never happen.

They will be up for sale on GD and Sedo soon enough for a lot less than what they paid. Sadly, this happens all the time.

•••
You forgot these two from yesterday
macies.com 5,550 USD dropcatch
gugle.com 4,300 USD namejet

I think Macies is nice

•••
Both of these scream out - even auto spell check - to the trademarked names eBay and Marriott - wonder what the buyers intend to do with them? especially at those prices.
Sometimes, the online brand protection services (or legal services) that those companies hire will purchase those types of domains at those price points because it's less of a headache (and cheaper if you factor in legal costs) to recover the domain names.

Those domains also sell for domain monetization purposes, but that's inadvisable.

•••
Maybe, but in order for the price to have gotten to that price point (on NameJet, DropCatch) for these two domains, there had to have been many bidders.

Also, as far as I am aware, eBay's policy is not to purchase such domains but instead to send Cease and Desist notices to offenders from the email address [email protected]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back