IT.COM

discuss Could this be a new way to cheat?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
You tell me if it is possible or not.

A few days ago a woman contacted me via email, offering to buy a domain and offering me making the payment via paypal, my answer was, I do not know you and I'm not going to sell you the domain by paypal to avoid a scam, as a solution I offered to do the business through Bido,

She agreed, then we start doing everything as usual, except for one detail, after I unlock the domain and send the auth code, I will accept the first OK for transfer with my registrar, but the domain, has not moved since then 5 day now.

But then yesterday, I had the luck that my internet and phone failed at the same time, and then I ask myself, what happens if this person tries to cancel the purchase now, or if he does the same thing that scammers do to the people, they claim the money back by paypal....she could get my domain, she has everything, unlocking, auth code, time and the money.

then when I came back, I would see the message from Bido would be telling me to cancel the transfer, but, it could be too late for me.

what do you think, you see it possible ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think you should use a real service like undeveloped.com and sleep at nite.

I thought bido died years ago... cause thats where its headed imo.

•••
i think you should use a real service like undeveloped.com and sleep at nite.

I thought bido died years ago... cause thats where its headed imo.

thanks, but that is possible or not ?

•••
i think anything is possible if you use a bad service like bido.

why did you pick the worst thing in the world anyway? you could have just said undeveloped and never look back or wonder or ask... or a couple other services.. but undeveloped is easiest to setup.

•••
Keep the domain locked until payment is recieved or don't give the auth code untill payment is recieved.

•••
Paypal transactions can be reversed, especially intangible items and good luck trying to get your money afterward.
If you are going to use a third party, read the terms carefully and make sure they guarantee payment. Escrow exists for a reason.
I would not accept Paypal from a total stranger unless it's a small amount or the other party is fully identified (confirmed address, landline phone...)

•••
Keep the domain locked until payment is recieved or don't give the auth code untill payment is recieved.

yes, the payment is on bido now, but the domain does not move

•••
a place like undeveloped guarantees your paypal funds... so they basically eat the loss if ever they fail in their paypal (or other methods) funds checks... so does gd auctions aand few more.. but not all like Kate said.. so there is no need for you to deal with a place like escrow.com.. there are other options, guaranteed too...

as for bido, I used them for a bit when I started domaining.. there is a reason why you do not hear about them much.. and most people do not even know they exist..

try contacting them about next steps. in future use someone else. all the best.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back