NameSilo

Contacting Owners of Expired DNs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I continue to be surprised to see so many high value DNs that actually drop... Why don't more buyers contact the owner's of expired names prior to the names dropping to auctions like pool and snapnames?

Is this just because of the extremely high cost for owner's to recapture their DNs?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
evenflow said:
I continue to be surprised to see so many high value DNs that actually drop... Why don't more buyers contact the owner's of expired names prior to the names dropping to auctions like pool and snapnames?

Is this just because of the extremely high cost for owner's to recapture their DNs?
There are various possibilities
1. The owner is so busy with his present endeavours and has no account of what's goin on.....
2. He/she doesn't comes to know about the expiry because he/she has not subscribed to the email feature which tells you when your domain is about to expire
3. He/she might not be alive now? Bleak but a possiblity

•••
Thanks for the response. I am more interested to know why more buyers do not track down these owners before the names drop?

•••
or the owner simply doesn't know or doesn't care if the DN is high value

•••
Sometimes owner's may not have the current email address anymore either so never get the notice it is about to expire

•••
Again...

evenflow said:
Thanks for the response. I am more interested to know why more buyers do not track down these owners before the names drop?

Sorry my question must be misleading. I am wondering why more DN investors do not approach owners of expiring names just prior to the drop?

•••
EASY, they want them for themselves! Easy as pie. :tu: :talk:

•••
Maybe b/c if they approach the current owners they will realize their domain is about to expire and renew it? I was reading on another post where someone did that with Touchdown.com and the guy didn't even know and went to renew it.

•••
yes

contacting owners of domains will alert them and then they most likely will renew and offer to sell at higher than drop prices.

the only exception is 2 letter/character.org domains, which cannot be snapped or backordered. once expired they are gone forever!

•••
so .net/.com will drop? I thought all 1-2 letters all expire and do not drop.

•••
biggie said:
yes

contacting owners of domains will alert them and then they most likely will renew and offer to sell at higher than drop prices.

the only exception is 2 letter/character.org domains, which cannot be snapped or backordered. once expired they are gone forever!
really?

•••
Another problem is incorrect whois info...

•••
Anthony said:
Another problem is incorrect whois info...
This is what I've found on a couple names I was trying to buy direct...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back