IT.COM

opinion Contacting end users

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nnamdi

Established Member
Impact
Hi fellow Npers,
I have been actively contacting endusers for this domain attorneyinmaine.com but gotten no response.
I am asking myself where have I gone wrong? What am I not doing right?
Your candid opinion is highly appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

if you're contacting people who already have a website, then that may be the problem

the other issue is, people tend to search for a local attorney, near or in the city they live in.

another issue is, people tend to search for the "type of attorney" by specialization

and, people tend to search for attorneys, rather than attorney, when no descriptive adjective precedes it.

and, some prefer the term lawyer over attorney

and some people just don't like spam.

and etc, etc

imo.....

•••
Overall agree with all of the above comments.

Candidly most people do not reply to unsolicited emails re domains for sale and domain related offers.

•••
Agree with the others. If an attorney has a website, they are almost certainty going to use a domain that contains their name/law firm name...not a highly generic domain like that, which pretty much no one would ever key in.

•••
people tend to search for a local attorney, near or in the city they live in

This is why, attorneys tend to do business locally and a state in the domain name casts to wide a net to appeal to a local attorney in the state.

•••
The main problem is the name itself. In my experience that "in" kills the name. If it was MaineAttorney.com, it would have a chance.

•••
As mentioned in earlier post, if the specialty was attached to attorney, like injuryattorney(s), disabilityattorney(s) etc. then you increase your marketability. Need to have a name that have broader audience.

Best.

•••
As mentioned in earlier post, if the specialty was attached to attorney, like injuryattorney(s), disabilityattorney(s) etc. then you increase your marketability. Need to have a name that have broader audience.

Right... but it is not just a broader audience so much as a specific one; i.e. specialties.

The main problem is the name itself. In my experience that "in" kills the name. If it was MaineAttorney.com, it would have a chance.

And right.

I've sold domains to lawyers who have more than one website.

•••

This is why you need to step back and look at the commercial possibilities of a name. Put yourself in the place of the end user, and ask yourself if you would use the name for your business.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back